Sample Diet for Lean Mass?

I know this is an incredibly lazy question, but I’m overwhelmed with a busy job and terrible at meal planning and prep. I’d love to find a sort of automatic pilot program for lean mass gain; in other words, I’m training hard and trying to gain muscle, but I really want to avoid adding a lot more fat, so I need to exercise some discretion about food choices. I’m 5’11", about 225 lbs. I’d love to find a detailed plan that I can just print off and try for a couple weeks. Again, I know that’s lazy, but I don’t trust myself to plan my own diet, and have generally done a poor job with it in the past. Can anyone point me toward something like this? Thanks!

Scale up or down depending on what scale changes tell you.

1 Like

Hiring a coach will be your best bet.

1 Like

What percent BF are you? Maybe post a picture? I was around this size (same weight, but 1/2" shorter), and more muscular than most that fit that description, and was still too fat.

You may get a lot more bang for you buck loosing 25 lbs than gaining the next 3 lbs. Muscle you lose in the process will likely come back much quicker than it took to build once you go into the lean mass phase.

At a guess, you’re low on the calories. Lots of thin people who want to gain weight are overestimating how much they eat.

I’m probably about 20% bodyfat right now, which of course I’d like to work on as well. Fortunately, there is a window for me where I can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, which I understand many people just can’t do.

Thanks! This is exactly the sort of thing I’ve been looking for. I’ll give it a try.

I would say you are probably not going to lose weight and gain muscle on a lean mass program. I think it is possible to build muscle in a slight deficit, but eating in surplus (lean mass program) won’t give that result.