Same Weight, Not as Lean as Last Cut. Help?

Im at my same weight but im not as lean as i was in my last cut ?

the first one is my picture from 2 years back the second is current but both were at the same weight but my first pic i look leaner why i need help im even thinking of getting a personal trainer please need advice thanks

my workout split is simple three ways with

mon/Arm/Shoulders 10 sets low rep heavy weight
tues rest
wed/chest/tries 10-12 sets low rep heavy weight
thursday rest
friday back/legs 10-12 set

The lighting conditions and angles in both photos are different. You can’t compare the two. Use a bodyfat% test if you want to get accurate comparisons.

I would say, at your current state, I wouldn’t be cutting so frequently.

My current state is the first picture what is my bodyfat and do you recomend i bulk?

No. Don’t bulk or cut. You are too young in your development to do either of those things.

Google “2016 – Help a Friend Get Stronger” by Jim Wendler and follow it. You will be so much further ahead this time in 2017 if you do.

4 Likes

I might be the same leanness heres a better picture of my current phhysique

Im starting on maintenance and il go over the hiigh frequency /moderate voluume which i never tried beforew

This is literally the most basic flow chart you can use to determine your problems. Don’t worry about cutting or bulking for now.

I’m not a fan of the back/legs day. Give these separate days

Entire program is garbage.

Focus on strength, true nattys are not packing on muscle or getting leaner than 12% anyways. BUUUT the best way for a natty to pack on mass and be leaner is to focus on strength and let the body adapt.

Get stronger at Squat Bench Deadlift in the failure at 3-8 rep range.

Use assistance exercises of Pullups, Military Press, Dips, Lunges, Bent Over Rows working in the failure at 5-12 rep range.

Do more rowing/pulling than pressing.

Only eat stuff cut directly off animals or plants. No hotdogs or lunch meat and no cereal (aka sugar additives to milk), breads, pasta. Eat animals, eggs, potatoes, veggies fruits. Eat when you are hungry.

BOOM!!! That is your entire program. Now watch your body transform.

4 Likes

I am also facing this problem. Same weight from last 5 or 6 years

Are you implying Natties can’t get below 12% bf?

I did but I slightly misspoke, of course nattys can get below 12% but they wont maintain it and any sort of mass.

They also wont look like you would hope because they will look flat and anemic.

I am not trying to crush dreams just keep people from chasing pipe dreams perpetuated by the fitness industry.

Idk, I feel like people with at least decently good genetics, with really dialed in nutrition and training can at least stay around 10% and still put on some lbm. CT has said that he usually doesn’t even get into double digit bf and tries to stay 8-9% year round. And he’s not even naturally lean. It’ll definitely be slower progress, but being lean and looking jacked all the time seems like a pretty good trade off[quote=“BOTSLAYER, post:11, topic:223910, full:true”]
I did but I slightly misspoke, of course nattys can get below 12% but they wont maintain it and any sort of mass.

They also wont look like you would hope because they will look flat and anemic.

I am not trying to crush dreams just keep people from chasing pipe dreams perpetuated by the fitness industry.
[/quote]

I was measured at 8.4% on a bodpod here

Maybe I am higher than that, but 12% would still be reasonable, no? Did it as a natty; maintained it, lifts went up still.

I think it is possible.

is not even close to natty in any sense of the word and is exactly the reason I say the things I do.

even in my admittedly pessimistic opinion yes 12% is very maintainable.

I think 10% can be gotten to and maintained by most, although some will find it much easier than others. I’m sure I’ll be able to do it after my cut (and yes, I will be doing the maintaining part with drugz).

Staying at that percentage while gaining muscle would, I should think, be much harder.

could you define low reps and heavy weights ? are you talking something you perceive as heavy and for what rep range?

are the sets of ten including warm up sets or your actual work sets,

Which is missed by a vast majority of beginners IMO

1 Like