Same Muscle Group Twice a Week

Since I upped my calories and started useing creatin my recovery time has dramaticaly increased. I wanted to know if anyone else in here lifts the same muscle group twice a week,
my weights all went up and i lift real heavy and im perfectly fine two days post workout.

do you do full body routine?

no

day 1 shoulders

day 2 arms

day 3 chest/back

day 4 legs

and each lift is a day apart so it goes mon wens fri then sat

[quote]Wildman90 wrote:
Since I upped my calories and started useing creatin my recovery time has dramaticaly increased. I wanted to know if anyone else in here lifts the same muscle group twice a week,
my weights all went up and i lift real heavy and im perfectly fine two days post workout.[/quote]

If your body can handle it I say go for it. Recovery/frequency has a lot to do with individual recovery abilities. Also, your experience will affect your ability to recover/the frequency at which you train. Beginners can train more frequently than intermediates or advanced trainees for example.

I do lower body twice a week. One day is the slightest bit lighter.

Change up of the sets and reps and lifts/presses.

I just like knowing I am hitting my legs hard.

them’s my engines.

I agree with Sentoguy, if you feel your recovery can handle it then it’s the way to go.

I’ve had great results doing each bodypart twice a week. What worked well for me was doing an upper/lower body split, doing the heavy compound lifts at the beginning of the week and going a bit lighter but with explosive lifting at the end

Mon: Upper body (heavy-low reps)
Tues: Lower body (heavy-low reps)
Thurs: Upper body (light-speed reps)
Sat: Lower body (light-speed reps)

rikz

Done it works great.

Try it!

I train each muscle group 2-3 times a week, it works great for me.

My theory is if it ain sore hit it again.As soon as my legs arent tight and sore I train them again.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

I just like knowing I am hitting my legs hard.

[/quote]
i could help u with that

I find this to be very effective, although I believe recovery will most likely be an issue unless you pick different exercises and preferably a different plane of motion for the second workout of the week on a paticular muscle group. However, the amount that recovery hold you back will always depend on your own individual factors. Good luck!

im guna give it a try startin next week

thanks guys!

Both sport and bodybuilder trainers that I know say to hit muscle groups twice a week. I’m surprised you felt like you had to post asking people if they do that. A better question would be, “Who DOESN’T train the same muscle group twice a week?”

[quote]BF Bullpup wrote:
Both sport and bodybuilder trainers that I know say to hit muscle groups twice a week. I’m surprised you felt like you had to post asking people if they do that. A better question would be, “Who DOESN’T train the same muscle group twice a week?”[/quote]

I think it depends on the intensity of the program tho. Obviously he is new if he bothers to ask. Personally I’ve shifted to only 1 per week so I don’t for now. hehe… you set yourself up!

[quote]BF Bullpup wrote:
Both sport and bodybuilder trainers that I know say to hit muscle groups twice a week. I’m surprised you felt like you had to post asking people if they do that. A better question would be, “Who DOESN’T train the same muscle group twice a week?”[/quote]

I know alot of people at my college who are body builders and dont

I hit the body up to six times a week depending on the exercises used during my training.

1. Two full-body max strength/metabolic days

2. One full-body bodyweight day (Bodyweight 100-500 workouts taken from Craig Ballantyne’s “Belly Off” program at Men’s Health.com)

3. One Integrated Circuit Training day (usually another full-body workout, but sometimes has more emphasis on upper or lower body depending on the workout

4. One GPP/Conditioning day that usually consists of upper and lower body exercises.

5. One interval/enhanced interval training day.

Some weeks my legs get nailed each workout. Other weeks my upper body may get hammered with various pull-ups/chins/body rows almost every day of the week or pushup/benching variations.

The body can adapt just fine as long as you eat properly, get enough rest and use something post-workout like Surge.

i train everything 5 days aweek, albeit in two different push/pull formats. by avoiding going to failure to often it’s no problem.
twice a week should be fine. if it doesn’t work you can always stop.

I workout twice a week and feel fine; though, i do alter between heavy and light sessions. If you use same volume/intensity every workout, eventually you could overtrain or become stuck if not overtraining; however, this applies whether you workout once a week or twice a week.