Sambo Animals

I miss Balbos. I think he was just misunderstood because his typing was so bad it made his posts look a lot worse than they were. Then again I could be wrong because didn’t read all his threads.

I`ve had the pleasure of training with
Vadim Kolganov (master of sport).
He was Russian champion but after relocating to the uk has recently won the UK Sombo championships in sub 45 seconds.
He has talked about national level training many times.
I will get him to have a look at this & see what he has to say.
If anyone in the uk wants to train real sombo then Vad is your man or one of his instructors like Paul Carthy (Devon uk).

[quote]TAT 70 wrote:
I`ve had the pleasure of training with
Vadim Kolganov (master of sport).
He was Russian champion but after relocating to the uk has recently won the UK Sombo championships in sub 45 seconds.
He has talked about national level training many times.
I will get him to have a look at this & see what he has to say.
If anyone in the uk wants to train real sombo then Vad is your man or one of his instructors like Paul Carthy (Devon uk).[/quote]

thank you very much, i look forward to what he has to say.

I worked with a russian before. He was strong as fuck. His normal routine was a 3hour fullbody routine he did every day of the week, followed by a post-workout shake of jack and coke, pizza, and hamburgers. He eventually died of heart disease, and I slept with his wife.

[quote]Ryu13 wrote:
I worked with a russian before. He was strong as fuck. His normal routine was a 3hour fullbody routine he did every day of the week, followed by a post-workout shake of jack and coke, pizza, and hamburgers. He eventually died of heart disease, and I slept with his wife.[/quote]

BEST

[quote]Ryu13 wrote:
I worked with a russian before. He was strong as fuck. His normal routine was a 3hour fullbody routine he did every day of the week, followed by a post-workout shake of jack and coke, pizza, and hamburgers. He eventually died of heart disease, and I slept with his wife.[/quote]

What a load of crap.
I’m looking forward to see one sensible post from you, Ryu13.

[quote]Ryu13 wrote:

F–king Funny

[quote]Ryu13 wrote:

I knew an old Russian guy who escaped from Siberia. He had the strongest hands I have ever seen. His fingers were huge-the size of sausages.
Huge-finger sized sausages. I don’t know if they tasted like sausages. Probably not. They probably tasted like sausage-sized fingers.

bump

[quote]mertdawg wrote:
Ryu13 wrote:
I worked with a russian before. He was strong as fuck. His normal routine was a 3hour fullbody routine he did every day of the week, followed by a post-workout shake of jack and coke, pizza, and hamburgers. He eventually died of heart disease, and I slept with his wife.

I knew an old Russian guy who escaped from Siberia. He had the strongest hands I have ever seen. His fingers were huge-the size of sausages.
Huge-finger sized sausages. I don’t know if they tasted like sausages. Probably not. They probably tasted like sausage-sized fingers.

[/quote]

You should have asked him if you could taste them.

I’d like to know where the thread creator found his information. I’ve trained in sambo since I was 4 while I didn’t live in russia long enough to try and join the national team, I competed in the worlds. Both my uncles have competed for and now help coach the national team. They said that they had to do tests such as these but were only for some kind of research for the UFRS.

one more bump for responses

[quote]BALBOS wrote:
its not a misprint.123 kg in military press is minimum!
i am 195lbs. myself and can military press 145 lbs. any day.145 at my bw is average for someone who does this exercise! but we are talking about NATIONAL(RUSSIAN) LEVEL SAMBO WRESTLERS!
[/quote]

What???

so you are just under half as strong on the military press as what you need to be?

123kgs is like 270lbs…

[quote]Chris Aus wrote:
BALBOS wrote:
its not a misprint.123 kg in military press is minimum!
i am 195lbs. myself and can military press 145 lbs. any day.145 at my bw is average for someone who does this exercise! but we are talking about NATIONAL(RUSSIAN) LEVEL SAMBO WRESTLERS!

What???

so you are just under half as strong on the military press as what you need to be?

123kgs is like 270lbs…
[/quote]

Forget it, i’m almost 100% that this is made up, all those numbers.

I mean why the hell would you want to lift 123kg. I doesn’t make sense, at least he culd say 120kg or 125kg, like 123 is a magic number.

and considering what he has written in other threads i’m pretty sure this is just a bunch of crap.

I moslty use kettlebells for my training.Sprints and some long runs.Anyone interested in more info please contact me.

[quote]Jumanji wrote:
#2 is not a defined event, so I cannot comment. #10 is obviously sport specific.

I don’t think I can rope climb, but I can do 18BW pull-ups and I am sorely out of competition shape…sorely.

The rest of the list could be accomplished by most D1 TB’s with 8 weeks energy system training. Give them to a conditioning nut like Davies, and they would ease through all of this… for sure.

BW * 40 squats is nothing if you train strength endurance at all. Personally, all of my athletes do RE method of squats 1 x 20 reps every week… trying to add 5 lbs every week. A D1 RB could do this very quickly with training. Try it yourself. Start with 135 and start your workout with it 20 times. Next week try 145, and so on… then make 5 lb jumps. Most guys are just scared to hurt a little. If you are 205, then 315 x 20 will soon… very. Just sack up.

A 4.1 30m is fast, but not exceptional. It weeds out the dum-de-dum-de-dum-dum-dum-dum-dum guys… that is all.

A 10ft broad jump is fair, and I think 2.83 meters isn’t even 10 ft… not tough.

A 275 power clean is good, but not exceptional by any means if you lift the O’s. Not even 1.5X BW.

A 11:15 for 1.8 miles is good, but not very tough with the correct training.

The only tough lift I see is the military press. I could never military that much weight, but I was a WR with an AC joint impingement.

All of the other lifts I could have done easily, as could most D1 TB’s who are in shape.

I add myself in the mix mereley because I was almost not even a FB / track guy… almost more of a soccer outside middie. Only played WR because I like contact, but all offseason was spent on the pitch.

So if a soccer pus / WR could do this all very easily, save for the military…

well, enough said. I am impressive when I run and jump, but I never have thought of myself as a weightroom beast… at all.

BTW~ Sambo Kuntao and Jeet Kun Do were the basis for the integrated martial arts style I took, so I am in no way putting down Sambo guys… huge respect. But these numbers are only good, not amazing.

J

[/quote]

The numbers are merely minimums. Not every athlete would be naturally capable of the truly extraordinary numbers in every category, so there’s a sort of leeway in them all being good, but not great. I’m sure the athletes who meet all of the minimums have some maximums well over what they have to in order to make the team.

I would think that the way to get on any national team is to be able to perform the sport at the highest level. Beating everyone you face should be more important than how much you can lift.

[quote]clubkozak wrote:
Yes, it would be interesting to know where he found it. As for the division , there’s a 90kg one(which i competed at until 2 yrs ago, went down). Xeb, all I know of is that winning the national s gets your spot on the national team, not the weight lifted. Many teams are still old-school, that is body weight and kettlebells.The big guys or gals are naturally big![/quote]

I don’t know what Worlds you’re talking about because if, indeed, there isn’t any 93kgs cat, there isn’t any 90kgs either…
Closest choices are the 84 and 96kgs cats.

PS: Just check the FILA official stuff on www.fila-wrestling.com!

[quote]elpatchoulero wrote:
clubkozak wrote:
Yes, it would be interesting to know where he found it. As for the division , there’s a 90kg one(which i competed at until 2 yrs ago, went down). Xeb, all I know of is that winning the national s gets your spot on the national team, not the weight lifted. Many teams are still old-school, that is body weight and kettlebells.The big guys or gals are naturally big!

I don’t know what Worlds you’re talking about because if, indeed, there isn’t any 93kgs cat, there isn’t any 90kgs either…
Closest choices are the 84 and 96kgs cats.

PS: Just check the FILA official stuff on www.fila-wrestling.com!

[/quote]

Have you been to the Worlds??I guess I was lied too :slight_smile:
Its FIAS World Sambo Championships, the biggest of them.
Just check www.sambo.com

[quote]RickJames wrote:
What about Little Black Sambo? I bet he was strong.[/quote]

I hear he could eat a lot of pancakes.