3.standing long jump=over 2,82m
4.power clean=over 125kg ( 275lbs.)
5.military press=over 123 kg (270 lbs.)
6.squat=93 kg for 40 reps
7.pull-ups=18 with bw
8.3 000m=under 11 min.and 15 sec
9.climb 5m high rope 3 times without stopping
10.sparring 15min.with partners changing and 5 points scored

sambo is russian wrestling sport and is very popular in russian army.imagine wrestlers with superior technique and warrior spirit being able to complete this 10 tests.
any comments?

Is the overhead press thing a misprint? because I doubt the team people especially lightweights can do that much over his head…over 250lbs? lets get realistic here

its not a misprint.123 kg in military press is minimum!
i am 195lbs. myself and can military press 145 lbs. any day.145 at my bw is average for someone who does this exercise! but we are talking about NATIONAL(RUSSIAN) LEVEL SAMBO WRESTLERS!

excuse me…I’m a retard, I didn’t read that it was the 90kg class. I thought it applied to a greater range of classes. Believable if completely animalistically ridiculous figure to set

#2 is not a defined event, so I cannot comment. #10 is obviously sport specific.

I don’t think I can rope climb, but I can do 18BW pull-ups and I am sorely out of competition shape…sorely.

The rest of the list could be accomplished by most D1 TB’s with 8 weeks energy system training. Give them to a conditioning nut like Davies, and they would ease through all of this… for sure.

BW * 40 squats is nothing if you train strength endurance at all. Personally, all of my athletes do RE method of squats 1 x 20 reps every week… trying to add 5 lbs every week. A D1 RB could do this very quickly with training. Try it yourself. Start with 135 and start your workout with it 20 times. Next week try 145, and so on… then make 5 lb jumps. Most guys are just scared to hurt a little. If you are 205, then 315 x 20 will soon… very. Just sack up.

A 4.1 30m is fast, but not exceptional. It weeds out the dum-de-dum-de-dum-dum-dum-dum-dum guys… that is all.

A 10ft broad jump is fair, and I think 2.83 meters isn’t even 10 ft… not tough.

A 275 power clean is good, but not exceptional by any means if you lift the O’s. Not even 1.5X BW.

A 11:15 for 1.8 miles is good, but not very tough with the correct training.

The only tough lift I see is the military press. I could never military that much weight, but I was a WR with an AC joint impingement.

All of the other lifts I could have done easily, as could most D1 TB’s who are in shape.

I add myself in the mix mereley because I was almost not even a FB / track guy… almost more of a soccer outside middie. Only played WR because I like contact, but all offseason was spent on the pitch.

So if a soccer pus / WR could do this all very easily, save for the military…

well, enough said. I am impressive when I run and jump, but I never have thought of myself as a weightroom beast… at all.

BTW~ Sambo Kuntao and Jeet Kun Do were the basis for the integrated martial arts style I took, so I am in no way putting down Sambo guys… huge respect. But these numbers are only good, not amazing.

J

I think if someone could successfully complete all of those he would be a superb athlete.

What about Little Black Sambo? I bet he was strong.

I agree that the athlete would have great athleticism, but skill is required to be a great athlete.

Technical Skill
Tactical Knowledge
Athleticism
Psychology

These stats merely cover one aspect of being an athlete.

They do show very good athleticism, power with good endurance. It is little upper body heavy for my taste, but the sport requires this trait.

It also explains why I do not feel the leg demonstrations are very superior.

Maybe I am cookoo… LOL.

Maybe not.

J

Well, the #s seem to me to be excellent. THen again, it IS the national team and US athletes are more ingrained with the PLs and bench especially, over the overhead type of lifts but still-yes, very strong, IMO. Although, I realize that Jumanji lifts with speed and this can up ones’ recruitment of TypeIIs…

[quote]RickJames wrote:
What about Little Black Sambo? I bet he was strong.[/quote]

I was sooooo wanting to post that, but coming from a white southerner, it would just be in REALLY bad taste.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
RickJames wrote:
What about Little Black Sambo? I bet he was strong.

I was sooooo wanting to post that, but coming from a white southerner, it would just be in REALLY bad taste.[/quote]

haha, I am one.

BALBOS, there is no 93kg class in Sambo. I know, I’ve competed at the worlds.

[quote]clubkozak wrote:
BALBOS, there is no 93kg class in Sambo. I know, I’ve competed at the worlds.[/quote]

Then where’d he get this :-p

Kozak… Are there any national level team standards that you know of?

Also how important are such lifting parameters in your training…

[quote]BALBOS wrote:
Minimum athletic requirements for joining russian sambo national team-

under 93kg class(about 205lbs.)-
1.30m dash=under 4,1 sec
2.agility 30m run=under 7,1 sec
7.pull-ups=18 with bw

sambo is russian wrestling sport and is very popular in russian army.imagine wrestlers with superior technique and warrior spirit being able to complete this 10 tests.
any comments?

[/quote]

What makes this difficult is training for the heavy lifts and the longer run at the same time, as they are counter productive to each other.

I also think that the 275 pound press is very difficult for that weight, give all of the other things that must be accomplished.

It’s a press not a jerk right?

By the way, where did you get this information?

Web site?

Yes, it would be interesting to know where he found it. As for the division , there’s a 90kg one(which i competed at until 2 yrs ago, went down). Xeb, all I know of is that winning the national s gets your spot on the national team, not the weight lifted. Many teams are still old-school, that is body weight and kettlebells.The big guys or gals are naturally big!

Ummm…He does not make sense…

Because BALBOS is a complete Troll.

[quote]BALBOS wrote:
Minimum athletic requirements for joining russian sambo national team-

under 93kg class(about 205lbs.)-
1.30m dash=under 4,1 sec
2.agility 30m run=under 7,1 sec
7.pull-ups=18 with bw

any comments?

[/quote]

Is this theoretical or something the national team actually does? Its hard to tell based on what you said and a lot of people think this is really the qualification for being on the national team which isn’t true.

ttt for balbos response and more info on sambo training ( kozak im looking at you :slight_smile: )

…i continue to look at you kozak :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: