Salvia Divinorum--The Legal New Pot

My apologies for briefly interrupting this thread, but this post is directed towards entheogens, since I was having some issues with PM’s.

I believe Urban Outfitters used to sell a t-shirt with my avatar on it, and I think you can still find one on ebay.

We now join your regularly scheduled thread in progress.

It’s not recreational. It’s one of those things you do when you want to learn something.

I tried it once and the high was a mix between nitrous and LSD but after it wore off I was so tired I just wanted to go to bed.
I don’t think it needs to be made illegal no one would do this stuff everyday.

[quote]nickels wrote:
It’s not recreational. It’s one of those things you do when you want to learn something.[/quote]

I agree with nickels on this. However, same goes with any of the hallucinogens .
Dont do the stuff if you just want to party and have fun. Hallucinogens are all AMPLIFIERS. If you have something dark, that your unconscious wants you to see, it will appear in your trip more than likely.

If you do it, pay attention to set and setting. Set = mindset, go into the trip with an open attitude towards learning, get as much information as you can (by reading trip reports, etc over on erowid.org). Setting, have somebody sit for you, pick a nice environment to do it in, dont have negative or people that you do like around when doing it.

I think this point is even important when doing something like pot. Ever gotten stoned with negative people around? Not nice, not even on pot.

If you just want to party and have fun, get a six pack and maybe do a couple of bongs.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
I agree with nickels on this. However, same goes with any of the hallucinogens .
[/quote]

I agree with nickels but LSD can be flat out FUN! Forget all that deep shit. I had good times kayaking all night in the puget sound watching the phosphorescent plankton.

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:

You have to roll around 20 leaves or so into a ball and use it like you would with chew (I don’t chew btw, just though I’d throw that out there). Do that for about a 1/2 hr or so and you will start to trip balls.

-dizzle[/quote]

This is the only way to do it. Be careful, especially if you’ve never tripped before.

It’s not as strong as good LSD, not like mushrooms, either. I would say that the experience is similar to peyote, with an “out of body” type of feel, and some scary visuals.

Definitely not for the faint of heart.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
A-Dizz wrote:

You have to roll around 20 leaves or so into a ball and use it like you would with chew (I don’t chew btw, just though I’d throw that out there). Do that for about a 1/2 hr or so and you will start to trip balls.

-dizzle

This is the only way to do it. Be careful, especially if you’ve never tripped before.

It’s not as strong as good LSD, not like mushrooms, either. I would say that the experience is similar to peyote, with an “out of body” type of feel, and some scary visuals.

Definitely not for the faint of heart.

[/quote]

For those of you who’ve tried salvia.
how do you feel after the fact?

i’ve read a ton of “be very careful” warnings.

If you have a sitter, whats the worst that can happen?
some people say it changed them?
how so?

am i going to turn into a vegan, or a homosexual or something?
will i loose my mind from 1 trip?

so if you did this 6 months ago, or 1 year ago, are you “different” and if so, how so?
i get that after you see a murder for the 1st time, you are a little different, but you still are the same.
is it like that? or is one going to see the boogyman around every corner?

if it’s a good trip and a memorable experience, then i think I’d be worth trying once.

but if it’s going to alter me for the rest of my life so i permanently walk around thinking people are out to get me, then it’s probably not worth it…

i cant seem to find a straight answer though on the “after” effects.

hey guys, thanks for all your input. i read all your replies.

nephorm, you are a genius in pointing out that it is a good thing for a girl to forget to talk.

however much i decide to purchase will be worth its weight in gold multiple times over for a little quiet around my apartment.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
My girlfriend smoked some and forgot how to talk.

So it’s a good drug.[/quote]

LOL!

[quote]nickels wrote:
It’s not recreational. It’s one of those things you do when you want to learn something.[/quote]

Oh shut up.

I smoked the extract out of a bong and had voices talking to me and I saw the world that I was viewing turn into the winter level from the original halo. It was an escape for about 10 minutes. I’ve never done any real drug before aside from that and pot but I think that if you think you’ll have a bad trip…You’ll have a bad trip. Vice versa. I had fun when I did it.

Thumbs up from me.

[quote]Chip Duglass wrote:
I smoked the extract out of a bong and had voices talking to me and I saw the world that I was viewing turn into the winter level from the original halo. It was an escape for about 10 minutes. I’ve never done any real drug before aside from that and pot but I think that if you think you’ll have a bad trip…You’ll have a bad trip. Vice versa. I had fun when I did it.

Thumbs up from me.[/quote]

but do you feel any different after the fact?

people only seem to talk about the experience, but dont ever say what happens down the road, a week, a month, a year…

if you smoke a joint, you get a buzz for a few hours and then you go back to your normal life…

if you smoke some sally d, you freak out for 10 minutes, but my big question is do you go back to your normal life after it wears off?

[quote]blitzkrg wrote:
am i going to turn into a vegan, or a homosexual or something?
[/quote]
Probably.

A valid question; for me personally I will say it had no long term effects. Read the threads on here and erowid.org and you’ll be fine.

[quote]blitzkrg wrote:
Chip Duglass wrote:

Thumbs up from me.

but do you feel any different after the fact?

people only seem to talk about the experience, but dont ever say what happens down the road, a week, a month, a year…

if you smoke a joint, you get a buzz for a few hours and then you go back to your normal life…

if you smoke some sally d, you freak out for 10 minutes, but my big question is do you go back to your normal life after it wears off?
[/quote]

You’re completely fine in about an hour…After I was done tripping…And practically drooling (I salivated a ton while on the stuff…makes your mouth water like crazy), I felt a bit high, and then was just fine after the fact…This was coming up on two years ago. No crazy after-the-fact side effects to speak of.

[quote]Chip Duglass wrote

You’re completely fine in about an hour…After I was done tripping…And practically drooling (I salivated a ton while on the stuff…makes your mouth water like crazy), I felt a bit high, and then was just fine after the fact…This was coming up on two years ago. No crazy after-the-fact side effects to speak of.
[/quote]

great… thanks for the info!

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
My girlfriend smoked some and forgot how to talk.

So it’s a good drug.[/quote]

My best laugh today

[quote]beebuddy wrote:

I agree with nickels but LSD can be flat out FUN! Forget all that deep shit. I had good times kayaking all night in the puget sound watching the phosphorescent plankton.[/quote]

That’s true, so I should amend my position. However, believe me, Salvia Divinorum is not, by any means, a recreational drug.

I bought a bunch of the stuff. i sell it on ebay from time to time.

I dont really care for it myself.