Salvia Divinorum--The Legal New Pot

aka Diviner’s Sage, Sage of the Seers, Magic Mint, Sally D and Maria Pastora

They sell this stuff at the local smoke and skateboard stores here on State St. DEA says this is as potent as LSD.

Apparently, it gets you high so naturally city council is eager to make it illegal.

i never heard of this before. Anyone have any experience with this?

f

My girlfriend smoked some and forgot how to talk.

A while back I used it, I don’t use anything anymore, haven’t for a few years.

It’s not worth using in my opinion, the high lasted for about 20 minutes, during that time you are pretty much immobilized and looking at pretty colors, then it’s over.

It’s NOTHING like pot. Maybe closer to a mushroom trip for about 5-10 minutes. Your body feels as if it is moving when it is not. For me I felt Like I was in a circular pattern. I did not like it and only tried it once.

It tastes like total crap too. And if you are a pot smoker, don’t use your pipe for this…it takes a long time for the nasty taste to go away.

I’m happy to say though now I’m stone cold sober from any drug or alcohol…but I can claim lots of expeience, so take heed…drugs and alcohol never result in anything good.

yea I’m going with what everyone else said. It lasts (atleast for me) 5mins and it sucked.

Second what Rockscar said. It’s a terrible recreational drug that produces an uncomfortable high.

There was a thread about this recently. All of my friends who have done it say it’s pretty intense. I don’t think they liked it much.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1548949

[quote]mundele wrote:
There was a thread about this recently. All of my friends who have done it say it’s pretty intense. I don’t think they liked it much.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1548949 [/quote]

Yes, that is my thread. I would urge you to read it before you try it. And do not compare Salvia and pot. On Salvia it is not uncommon to have out of body experiences, visit other worlds, live other peoples lives, and become inanimate objects such as clocks ,walls ect…

Salvia is way different from weed… way different from most other hallucinogens even. The trip resulting from smoking it is pretty much a complete loss of reality, i.e. physical and visual hallucinations can seem completely and utterly real. Can be rather scary if you are not prepared for it.

Smoked it and it just gave me a bad head ache i would take weed anytime over it
Few of my friends said they ‘freaked out’ on it but that was after extensive weed smoking

[quote]NeilMc wrote:
Smoked it and it just gave me a bad head ache i would take weed anytime over it
Few of my friends said they ‘freaked out’ on it but that was after extensive weed smoking[/quote]

If it didn’t do anything then you ether have shitty Salvia, didn’t smoke enough, or didn’t smoke it properly(use a jet lighter, exhale all the way, hold the hit)

Salvia is a “all or nothing” drug. I smoked 2 small hits and didn’t feel a thing then I took a third hit and within 5 seconds lost all touch with reality.

It was the same with all my friends, there seems to be a breaking point you have to reach.

I’ve tried it. If you smoke it, the high lasts a very short time. The other way is to chew it…that doesn’t come on fast, but it lasts much longer.
However, even in the latter case, it lasts much shorter than LSD.

The trip is much different than LSD. Go to erowid.org for some trip reports.

I think you should always have a “sitter” (someone not tripping) with you when taking this herb, to make sure that you dont get up and stumble or something like that. Otherwise, it’s not dangerous. However, I can imagine that you get teenagers who think it’s going to be like pot and get freaked out when they find themselves tripping big time.

[quote]Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
My girlfriend smoked some and forgot how to talk.[/quote]

So it’s a good drug.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
My girlfriend smoked some and forgot how to talk.

So it’s a good drug.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah I did this once maybe twice it was worse each time, more aware of my surrounding but felt like I was in the wrong fucking dimension. . If you’re looking to get loose and be a better person around people go with alocohol. but for some optimism or self-realization hit the weed or shrooms stick to the natural stuff … peyote . … .

It’s been around for a very very very long time, and to get the max effectiveness from it you’re not supposed to smoke it.

You have to roll around 20 leaves or so into a ball and use it like you would with chew (I don’t chew btw, just though I’d throw that out there). Do that for about a 1/2 hr or so and you will start to trip balls.

Like someone said, it’s nothing like pot, it’s a haluconagen if used correctly. Problem is that everyone automatically puts it into a bowl and smokes it.

The heat from the flame burns off the haluconagenic chemicals in it so it doesn’t do anything unless you smoke a ton of it.

Just read up on it. It’s good stuff.
-dizzle

Used it several times when I was in college. I also used other psychodelics at the time and I will say that Salvia helds its own. I had a genuine out-of-body experience one time, and decided that I would never touch it again due to it’s powerful nature.

There is actually an excellent article in last month’s “Men’s Journal” about salvia, I would highly recommend reading it if you are that curious.

i’d say stay away from it, ive never been the same after my short stint with it

I felt like I was in the the amazon, but I was on the beach and there weren’t even any trees. all in all it was pretty fuckin horrible. I don’t recommend it, but do it if you want. The cotton-mouth was pretty out of control.

Interesting looking stuff.