T Nation

Salt Use When Cutting

Guys

I am 9 weeks out for a competition diet, do you think for me to add salt to my chicken would kill my progress?

Salt shouldn’t matter until you start your fluid manipulation about a week out.

3 days ago in the Veggie thread you said you were 22 weeks out? You’re now 9? I’d cut out salt as you’re stepping on stage tomorrow.

[quote]Delta31 wrote:
Guys

I am 9 weeks out for a competition diet, do you think for me to add salt to my chicken would kill my progress?

[/quote]

Nope. Might even help a bit. My brother always added salt to his creatine to increase the uptake.

S

[quote]ESX wrote:
3 days ago in the Veggie thread you said you were 22 weeks out? You’re now 9? I’d cut out salt as you’re stepping on stage tomorrow. [/quote]

If I had to hazard a guess I think the dude is just trying to lose weight and wants to be taken extra serious so he is acting like a show is coming up.

OP, instead of going on a crazy crash diet after making a post about how you feel that you’ve got a bit too much fat, why not just take a measured, reasonable approach?

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]ESX wrote:
3 days ago in the Veggie thread you said you were 22 weeks out? You’re now 9? I’d cut out salt as you’re stepping on stage tomorrow. [/quote]

If I had to hazard a guess I think the dude is just trying to lose weight and wants to be taken extra serious so he is acting like a show is coming up.

[/quote]

No I am actually competing earlier in another comp as I am going to be on target in less time than I thought…

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:
OP, instead of going on a crazy crash diet after making a post about how you feel that you’ve got a bit too much fat, why not just take a measured, reasonable approach? [/quote]

I am not crash dieting i have lost 2lbs a week for a while,it been a low fat loss diet rather than fast acting,thanks however I know your heart is in the right place.god be with you