T Nation

Salmon Only....A Good P+F Meal?

Is salmon by itself a good P+F meal?

An 11 oz peice of salmon has 500 cals, 14g of total fat, 0 carbs, and 60 grams of protein.

I know it isn't a "meal" you'd serve to your visiting friends, but for a T-dawg 2.0 diet, would it be sufficient?

Of course it is. Its protein and fat is it not?? But hell id also take the chance to get some veggies in if you can.

I have salmon once per week. Along with it I have a tomato salad and a glass of POM juice.

I have the exact same(minus the salad) meal every four days; POM and Salmon. Very healthy and benefical, specially for the heart.

What phil said. Make sure you have veggies.

Sure. But as Phill said, I'd add some veggies. Cook them in olive oil too. I like more fat than that in my P + F meals.

Yeah, I usually steam broccoli and carrots in the microwave and pour olive oil on top of them as a meal... I was just wondering.

Totally. Salmon and olive oil with some green leafy veggies on the side. Now that's a meal.

Salmon is a great way to spice up the 'chicken breast only' diet... I buy big bags of frozen salmon steaks from Costco and eat salmon a couple of times a week.

I find that canned salmon is crazy cheap, like $1.50 for a pound...which is something like 84 grams of protein, not to mention all the EFAs.