Salmon, Good or Bad?

Here is an intersting article about Salmon…

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1136501415863&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154&t=TS_Home

"The researchers conclude eating enough salmon to reach the minimum gram-a-day intake of omega-3 fatty acids recommended by the American Heart Association exposes people to an elevated risk of fatal cancer.

For farmed salmon, the cumulative risk over a 70-year lifespan is 24 times the acceptable level set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, which is boosting the chances of death from cancer by one case in 100,000. For wild salmon, the cumulative risk is eight times that acceptable level."

Well, I guess I am a dead man, because I eat on average about 4 cans of salmon per week, and have been doing so for about 5 years.

Do you really believe everything you read? Is there anything out there to eat, that is totally safe? If so, I would like to know what it is.

If it’s true I’d better punch my ticket now, because damn do I love fish.

But really, I’ve seem this same type of article for every type of seafood imaginable. Come to think of it, I’ve seen an article like this for every kind of food imaginable. If you took all these “reports” to heart I think you would end up worse off from the lack of adequate nutrition than you would be from vague cancer risk mulitipliers. Hell, 30 years ago if you ate eggs people would almost spit in your face because the cholesterol would kill you as soon as you stood up.

Just don’t eat farm raised fish.I eat organic fish.Salmon is great for you.What next? Vitamins are bad for you?

I was simply posting the info for the benefit of the readers? I did not say I believe “everything I read”; I just thought it would interesting to hear a different view point.

But … does all the extra bile formation in the liver, triggered by the increased fat intake, aid in elimination of the toxins? (We are dependant on bile to remove many, many toxins.)

There are a lot of variables.

Berardi wrote that one, right?

Oh no? He said salmon was amazing.