T Nation

Sakuraba v Manhoef

I very seriously think Sakuraba will die in the ring if this continues…

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5sd5d_kazushi-sakuraba-vs-melvin-manhoef_sport

It’s pretty bad when a world class wrestler, gets g and ped by a dutch kickboxer.

i think that his plan nova, a true warrior, such as saku, will prefer to die in the ring and rightfully so! he personifies the “samurai spirit!”

[quote]ultrafit wrote:
i think that his plan nova, a true warrior, such as saku, will prefer to die in the ring and rightfully so! he personifies the “samurai spirit!” [/quote]

I have a feeling the Japanese kind of want him to die in the ring. Dream and the late Pride refs let those beatings go on way longer than they should. Watch the James Thompson/Don Frye fight. Granted, Thompson punches like he takes it up the ass (thanks Raging Bull), but Frye was practically being held up by Thompson’s punches. That fight should have ended like 45 seconds earlier.

The problem is that he didn’t get to wrestle, by the time he landed on the mat after that nasty high kick, he probably had a hard time remembering who he was…

[quote]Guerrero wrote:
It’s pretty bad when a world class wrestler, gets g and ped by a dutch kickboxer.[/quote]

It is so sad to watch Sakuraba
It truly is heart breaking.
As much as I dream of him with streroid induced
comback, he really should retire- for his own health.

kmc

Despite my fear for Saku’s life, Manhoef’s leg drag into big ground and pound was money. I thought he was going to try and clear his legs to go into side control, but no, he straight up school yard bully drug him across the mat.

Manhoef could probably get tapped by a decent blue belt on the mat, but that motherfucker can throw some heat. I love watching him fight.