Sagging skin

I watched Biggest Loser and was amazed.
What inspiration!
But I wonder…how does a man weighing 400 pounds lose all of that weight and does not have his skin hanging all over the place.
One of the guys that weighed 307 to begin with took off his shirt and there was NO skin sag!

Losing all of that weight in eight months and no sagging skin…any clues?

I watched the finale too. I’m not sure how quickly they lost the weight, because I had not followed the show at all. It would seem that they would have some excess skin --even if they lost the weight fairly slow.

I thought the same thing.

I remember one of the guys in the top 3 on that other season with the attractive blond girl looked to have some sagging skin. Especially on his stomach.

[quote]wishin wrote:
I watched Biggest Loser and was amazed.
What inspiration!
But I wonder…how does a man weighing 400 pounds lose all of that weight and does not have his skin hanging all over the place.
One of the guys that weighed 307 to begin with took off his shirt and there was NO skin sag!

Losing all of that weight in eight months and no sagging skin…any clues?[/quote]

Loose skin isn’t a constant in weight loss. The main factors are AGE and the length of time spent at the heavier weight. A loss of over 100lbs seems to be the most common factor also. Skin is very elastic. Just like wrinkles and the look of aging are often genetic as far as how it presents, so would the elasticity of skin.

[quote]girlbot wrote:
…I’m not sure how quickly they lost the weight, because I had not followed the show at all. It would seem that they would have some excess skin --even if they lost the weight fairly slow.[/quote]

Losing weight fast resulting in more loose skin is a myth. You have the same amount of sagging skin if you lose it in a month or ten. Its just that if you lose it fast, the skin suddenly drops, and the skin pulls in over time whilst your thin. If you lose it slow, then the skin pulls in over time as you lose weight, giving the illusion that losing slower results in less sagging skin [if that made any sense o_O]

Essentially, losing weight fast will not cause more sagging skin than you would get anyway. You just have to walk around for the year it’ll take the skin to pull in as the skinny guy with sagging skin.

[quote]Squiggles wrote:
girlbot wrote:
…I’m not sure how quickly they lost the weight, because I had not followed the show at all. It would seem that they would have some excess skin --even if they lost the weight fairly slow.

Losing weight fast resulting in more loose skin is a myth. You have the same amount of sagging skin if you lose it in a month or ten. Its just that if you lose it fast, the skin suddenly drops, and the skin pulls in over time whilst your thin. If you lose it slow, then the skin pulls in over time as you lose weight, giving the illusion that losing slower results in less sagging skin [if that made any sense o_O]

Essentially, losing weight fast will not cause more sagging skin than you would get anyway. You just have to walk around for the year it’ll take the skin to pull in as the skinny guy with sagging skin.

[/quote]

That’s really not true. Skin contracts along with your body better if the weight loss is slow. Losing massive amounts of weight quickly, and it might never contract depending on elasticity.

The winner lost over two hundred pounds in eight months.
He was 407 and dropped down to 190 something.

Do a google for Biggest Loser and and Erik is the guy.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
That’s really not true. Skin contracts along with your body better if the weight loss is slow. Losing massive amounts of weight quickly, and it might never contract depending on elasticity.[/quote]

This seems most logical.

I missed the finale, but saw clips and pics online. If you notice, Eric never took his shirt off. In some of his after pics you can see loose skin in his upper arm/armpit area in the sleeveless shirt pics. I suspect he has quite a bit of loose skin under his shirt.

Also, the black guy did look fantastic, but I noticed a little muffin-top of loose skin just above his waistband when he took his shirt off. And I suspect Kai had some sort of girdle on under her shirt holding her in real tight.

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
I missed the finale, but saw clips and pics online. If you notice, Eric never took his shirt off. In some of his after pics you can see loose skin in his upper arm/armpit area in the sleeveless shirt pics. I suspect he has quite a bit of loose skin under his shirt.

Also, the black guy did look fantastic, but I noticed a little muffin-top of loose skin just above his waistband when he took his shirt off. And I suspect Kai had some sort of girdle on under her shirt holding her in real tight.
[/quote]

Agreed. The only ones who really appeared to not have loose skin were the ones who only lost about 50-60lbs. Eric surely had loose skin. You could easily see it under his shirt, especially in the chest and oblique area. Even all of his after pics on the website are all with his shirt on. He lost 217lbs in 8 months. There is bound to be some loose skin regardless.