I’ve used the SSB as an accessory movement but over the last 2 weeks it’s become a primary lift which has turned out to be significantly more difficult.
Sadly, there is not a lot out there in terms of technique with this thing which sucks as there are a number of challenges:
- The sleeves dont rotate on most these things
- The bar pulls you significantly forward
- You tend to squat deeper.
- Your elbows are infront and down making staying tight hard
- much more
So, I thought a thread on some cues would help us SSBers out.
Here’s what I learnt (would love to hear corrections/better cues):
- shoulders back, pull the handles apart
- tuck elbows in
- push your chest high throughout especially on the way down (or you’re dead coming out of the hole)
- you need to lean back a bunch more than you think
- breathing/bracing as per squatting
More tips appreciated…