Safest Cycle for Anxiety/Depression

I have tried to locate some threads on this but cant seem to find any.

What would some examples of cycles that are safe in regards to someone who is very prone to anxiety and depression?

Testosterone.

Seriously though you wont know til you try, people respond to things differently. I would suggest avoiding substances that are known to increase aggression (Tren for example). High blood pressure can increase irritability and can any stimulants that cause your heart rate to rise. Consistency is good for stable mood, consider ED or EOD injections, the ester doesn’t matter: more frequency more stability. Manage estrogens. Some things such as testosterone can benefit your mood, as it encourages you to man the fuck up.

if you have a history of mood problems you should avoid AAS. Test is safe and is given to a lot of people with low T who experience anxiety and depression. BUT bodybuilding doses far exceed TRT doses. you are not taking into account the neurotransmitters in brain when treated anxiety and depression with testosterone.

If you do a cycle, prepare to cycle. You’re going to be flying high during the cycle, and then you will crash when it ends. I know this because you asked about depression which means you must be prone to it. a lot of bodybuilders complain about depression and lack of drive and libido during PCT even with a well planned cycle. Clomid turns these T-men into weeping pussies overnight.

I am prone to anxiety and depression. I have felt very good on moderate doses of anavar combined with TRT-doses (100 mg/week) of testosterone. On higher T doses than that I didn’t feel good mentally.

1 Like

Well, I’d avoid Deca.

In general I would be sure to keep estradiol level normal. That can be done with any cycle, but if not paying attention to it then a totally non-aromatizing cycle can drive estradiol too low which can cause depression, or an aromatizing cycle can drive it too high.

Free T3 can decline during a cycle, and depression has a fairly strong associated with free T3 and sometimes can be improved by improving T3. I’d consider testing it beforehand, and during.

Other than this, psychological response to anabolic steroids is pretty variable. I find Dianabol to be “feel good,” in terms of sense of well-being, but another might experience no particular mood difference. Some will feel better on androgens that are known to increase sense of aggression, such as trenbolones; others may find it annoying. It’s probably impossible to predict individual response to the synthetics, other than nandrolone having substantial incidence of depressive effect.

Testosterone, as already recommended, is a good basic bet.

As seekonk reported, androgen use can enhance mood up to a certain dosing level, but with further increases being detrimental to mood.

[quote]Scorelando wrote:

What would some examples of cycles that are safe in regards to someone who is very prone to anxiety and depression?[/quote]

are you currently being treated/medicated for this, or do you just have some issues with it from time to time?

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

[quote]Scorelando wrote:

What would some examples of cycles that are safe in regards to someone who is very prone to anxiety and depression?[/quote]

are you currently being treated/medicated for this, or do you just have some issues with it from time to time?[/quote]

I agree. See a shrink if your sad and have body issues. Steroids will only complicate your life further.

Let’s say, hypothetically, you do respond poorly and become anxious and or depressed, so you stop the cycle, which makes your mood worse because your shut down. SO you start PCT, and like most guys you still feel like shit for a few weeks, maybe months, maybe your anxiety gets worse during this period, your depression skyrockets because your hormones are out of whack and you know it’s your fault. Your sad, anxious, and now your dick doesn’t work.

Now you have to goto a shrink and get put on all kinds of meds PROVEN to ruin your libido and suppress T levels. Your brain adapts and now you need these drugs just to keep you happy. Doesn’t sound fun does it?

Stay natural. You will thank yourself later. If you really want to cycle wait til your little PMS episode passes.

Honestly, IME, I don’t really think injectable cycles have really increased my anxiety or depression. I am a pretty high strung guy and get anxious easily at times… I have done test/npp, test/eq, and test/deca currently. I stopped the eq cycle early because it seemed to be increasing anxiety/ BP response. Anadrol definitely adds to anxiety, flushing, quick temper at work, etc… I even noticed a little “edginess” while on anavar.

As far as a test cycle goes, with some deca or NPP I don’t really think it affected me very much. Maybe even improved it a bit. I do flush easier though. Not sure about depression and coming off though. I haven’t come off since I started, I just cruise at a low dose. I would imagine coming off would be rough for depression symptoms.

ONE NO/NO for anxiety… I have a script for adderall, which I use maybe once or twice a week- DO NOT USE adderall with ANADROL lol… That definitely leads to anxiety. Especially with some espresso as a kicker LOL

Id listen to Bill Roberts TBH…

If you take any type of pre-workout, then I think that is way worse for anxiety/depression than gear.
One of the reasons I stopped taking pre-workouts was the associated anxiety.

I seem to be lucky that when I take any gear I actually feel less anxious and have an easier time sleeping. (No trensomnia here)

I had severe depression and finished my first cycle 2 weeks ago. I’m on PCT and I can definately feel my change in mood.

I did notice my anxiety got a lot worse on cycle… Kind of a trade off… My depression was already under control but I felt so much better but my anxiety started acting up… Now off cycle my anxiety is back to normal but I do feel that if I am not careful I could fall right back into that depressing hole.