Safe To Lean Bulk?

Hey guys. I wanted some opinions on my physique, and whether I should lean bulk, recomp, or cut. Here are some pics from this morning (I’m COMPLETLEY FASTED in these pics).
![IMG_3

857|666x500](upload://gdXzUs L2vz9xOpCtaXFV8BgVLBG.jpeg)
I’m 16 6’0" and about 175-180lbs. Like I said I’m fasted in these, so I do look a little leaner than I might throughout the day. So should I try to lean bulk (aiming for 1lb of weight gain a week). Or should I recomp or cut? Keep in mind I train primarily for performance in lacrosse, so getting fat is not ok even if I gain muscle too. Thanks.

Lean bulk or aggressive bulk*. Cutting shouldn’t even be an option

Why not just hit the weights for a while and see what happens?

1 Like

Eat like a athlete. Aren’t you a lacrosse guy?

1 Like

52lbs gained in a year is a lean bulk these days?

Eat to recover from your training. If you want to put on muscle, train for that.

2 Likes

Which of the options will make you a better lacrosse player?

1 Like

Yeah you guys are right. I’m just gonna eat lots of clean foods and train hard like I have been. Gotta stop overcomplicating things.

4 Likes

???

Must be a typo.

I can tell you, as an ex-athlete who went overboard with his bulk, that this is not a good idea.

3 Likes

Aggressive bulk*

2 Likes

You’re doing the WS4SB program which is meant to build muscle, hence the “for skinny bastards” part. Eat accordingly.

Increasing muscle is not a bad thing for an athlete, especially in a contact sport like lacrosse.

Definitely overcomplicating things IMO. Always train for muscle, eat enough to support your sport and gym work, and let time do it’s thing.

S

5 Likes

Eat to grow because you’re 16 and an athlete. However, you can’t add a pound of muscle per week. Not possible. 1-2 pounds per month would be a very successful year. Don’t worry too much about that part. If you’re a typical 16 year old then you just need to worry about eating enough to fuel your body for sports.

2 Likes

You lie! It can’t be that simple! I have seen studies! :smirk:

2 Likes

Ok ok you’re right… stay tuned for my next 5 part series of articles! -lol

S

1 Like