Saddest Film or TV Scenes

In Brokeback Mountain, where hes fucking him, and won’t even give him a god damn reacharound. makes me cry every time.

[quote]james2020 wrote:
Schindler’s list.
[/quote]

The bit that makes me blub is the end where all the survivors place a rock on his tomb. Damn that’s hard to watch and where all the descendants come over the hill. Sniff, sniff.

I remember watching a black and white subtitled Japanese film when I was 13 or so about a Japanese woman who had a young girl with an American soldier. This was probably enough to get her and the daughter killed so she had to keep it a secret. So the little girl about 5 yrs old (who knew her father was American, important plot point) lived her whole life in the attic and befriended a young Japanese boy who climbed a tree to talk to her each day.

Anyway she was never allowed to go outside, but one day the mother and a confidante decided they would take her to the seaside. She was hidden in a cart and taken there at great risk and was having the time of her life running about on the sand with her friend when some American planes flew over, everyone scattered and dived for cover, but she broke free from her mother’s arms and ran towards the plane shouting “Daddy, Daddy!” and she was strafed. It tore my heart out.

May have even been Vietnamese, the details are sketchy it was a long time ago and I only ever saw it once, but the effect stayed with me forever.

I’d be really grateful if anyone recognises it and could tell me what it was called so I could watch it again.

[quote]FarmerBrett wrote:

[quote]james2020 wrote:
Schindler’s list.
[/quote]

The bit that makes me blub is the end where all the survivors place a rock on his tomb. Damn that’s hard to watch and where all the descendants come over the hill. Sniff, sniff.

I remember watching a black and white subtitled Japanese film when I was 13 or so about a Japanese woman who had a young girl with an American soldier. This was probably enough to get her and the daughter killed so she had to keep it a secret. So the little girl about 5 yrs old (who knew her father was American, important plot point) lived her whole life in the attic and befriended a young Japanese boy who climbed a tree to talk to her each day. Anyway she was never allowed to go outside, but one day the mother and a confidante decided they would take her to the seaside. She was hidden in a cart and taken there at great risk and was having the time of her life running about on the sand with her friend when some American planes flew over, everyone scattered and dived for cover, but she broke free from her mother’s arms and ran towards the plane shouting “Daddy, Daddy!” and she was strafed. It tore my heart out.

May have even been Vietnamese, the details are sketchy it was a long time ago and I only ever saw it once, but the effect stayed with me forever.

I’d be really grateful if anyone recognises it and could tell me what it was called so I could watch it again.[/quote]

Don’t know the one you mean but you might want to check this link out. Mibbe’s there, mibbe not! http://www.vietnamwar.net/ww2films.htm

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
The seen in “Finding Neverland” where the mom dies. Seeing little kids cry out of great loss tears me up.

When the little girl in “The Bridge To Terabithia” dies. I never read the book, so that part was a shocker to me, especially how the director made you fall in love with her.

May I add a “tears of joy” part to this thread?

Some films make me cry just for being so damned happy.
“Shawshank Redemption” has 2 parts like this… the part where Andy emerges out of the pipe and reaches for the sky. Also the ending where Red meets Andy on the beach. So damned liberating and full of possibility![/quote]

Agreed on the Bridge to Terabithia I was not expecting the movie to turn in that direction. It was wonderful.
[/quote]

Yes, Nards. I agree… as odd as that sounds, it WAS wonderful.
[/quote]
I remember that distinctly, even thogh i have never seen the movie. In 5th grade(catholic school) my teacher spent about a month reading a chapter every week to us from Bridge to Terabithia. We were all kind of into it, but being the devius little shits that we were, when the little girl died, our entire class of 30 cheered. We all got our knuckles rapped with a ruler.

• Last 10 minutes of last episode of 6 feet under
  • Curious case of Banjamin Button: when daughter finds out about the letters
  • Assassination of Jesse James (one of the best scores):
    - YouTube
  • Friday Night Lights (I’m a big sucker when it comes to the movie and the show, something about the whole vibe)
  • And of course the greatest ressurection of all time:
    TNT guys make fun of WheelChair Pierce (LMFAO!!!) - YouTube

The Road…with Viggo Mortensen…just about the most depressing/awesome movie ever…and absolutely the most realistic post-apocalyptic movie you’ll ever see…great acting, dark settings and a movie my gf couldn’t finish she was crying so hard (at only the half-way point)…but you’ve been warned, as some scenes are brutally real/disturbing…if you don’t cry (or least feel like you want to) then you may not be a human being…

Scenes from Saving Private Ryan: when Riddick gets sniped & bleeds out in the rain, when the medic dies storming the machine gun nest, when the Jewish GI gets into CQB with the German soldier & gets stabbed slowly throug the heart, and when Barry Pepper sniper extrodinaire gets tank gunned out of the bell tower.

Other movies, other scenes:

-The Rock, when the whole Seal Team gets massacred in the shower entry scene

-The Untouchables, when Sean Connery’s character gets Thompson’d to swiss cheese and he grabs Costner’s lapels & sputters out bloodily “What’re you prepared to do?”

-When the father dies in “The Road” (most of that movie, now that I think it over, qualifies as one whole sad scene - you have to see this movie, IMO, especially if you are a father)

-The Shawshank Redemption, when Brooks commits suicide by hanging himself

-The Sixth Sense when Bruce Willis finally comes to terms with saying farewell to his wife

-the finale episodes of Magnum, P.I. & Cheers - I loved those shows

As a kid, I’d get choked up at the end of The Incredible Hulk tv series. That piano music coupled with Banner walking off alone into the world (for the hundredth time) broke my heart.

Lords of Dogtown when they all start skating in the pool while their friend with brain cancer sits in the middle in his wheelchair.

The Green Mile—I cried like a baby
Field of Dreams----Hey Dad, you wanna have a catch? What guy didn’t get misty eye’d during that scene?
Inception—Two times. Where he tells Moll he has to leave her and at the end where he sees his kids and they yell Daddy.
Awakenings—That movie is powerful.
Shawshank Redemption
Forrest Gump.
Saving Private Ryan—where Tom Hanks has to go on the other side of the hill after he tells his guys he is a teacher.

Runners up:
The Road to Perdition
Brave Heart
A River Runs Through it.
Legends of the Fall

So I guess I have a soft spot for Tom Hanks, Brad Pitt and Leo. Does that make me gay?

Edit: I also read The Road before I watched the movie and cried through the whole last chapter. Powerful book…probably one of the best I’ve read in a long time. No Country for old men is also good…written by the same author.

[quote]azcodito wrote:
The Green Mile—I cried like a baby
Field of Dreams----Hey Dad, you wanna have a catch? What guy didn’t get misty eye’d during that scene?
Inception—Two times. Where he tells Moll he has to leave her and at the end where he sees his kids and they yell Daddy.
Awakenings—That movie is powerful.
Shawshank Redemption
Forrest Gump.
Saving Private Ryan—where Tom Hanks has to go on the other side of the hill after he tells his guys he is a teacher.

Runners up:
The Road to Perdition
Brave Heart
A River Runs Through it.
Legends of the Fall

So I guess I have a soft spot reserved for Tom Hanks, Brad Pitt and Leo to do me in the ass repeatedly. Does that make me gay?

[/quote]
Thats how I read it. And yes it does.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

When the little girl in “The Bridge To Terabithia” dies. I never read the book, so that part was a shocker to me, especially how the director made you fall in love with her.

[/quote]

This made me sob like an idiot in the theatre. It is a kids movie ffs. I wasn’t expecting that at all.

Dicaprio is strong, so is Hanks when it comes to selling the emotional crying moments.

Brad Pitt forces it, in my opinion. Look at legends of the fall when he tells Elliot from ET “yer doin good!” after he got swiss cheesed and hung up in the barb-wire.

I am always affected emotionally far more when it has to do with animals than humans. one such video I found highly emotional, at least for me. the Video is about 2 english guys taken care of a lion cub. "Christian the lion. one of the most emotional things i have ever seen.

not sure how many people have watched “supernatural” the tv show. for those unfortunate few, it is beyond a shadow of a doubt, the best tv show ever made. It is highly emotional. those that have watched it, know what im talking about.

[quote]roguevampire wrote:
not sure how many people have watched “supernatural” the tv show. for those unfortunate few, it is beyond a shadow of a doubt, the best tv show ever made. It is highly emotional. those that have watched it, know what im talking about.[/quote]

[quote]Stern wrote:

not sure how many people have watched “supernatural” the tv show. for those unfortunate few, it is beyond a shadow of a doubt, the best tv show ever made. It is highly emotional. those that have watched it, know what im talking about.[/quote]
[/quote]

LOLOLOL

…but seriously, this.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[/quote]

LOLOLOL

…but seriously, this.

[/quote]

I haven’t actually seen this episode you guys are going on about. I’m really going to have to now…

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[/quote]

LOLOLOL

…but seriously, this.

[/quote]

wow, you guys mention some of the lamest movies ever, yet when i mention truly deserving of the title of this thread, i get hate. wow.

Powder made me wail like an 8 year old girl
as did:

The Green Mile
The Pianist
My Life