Saddam's Hanged

Good News everyone!
SADDAM HAS BEEN HANGED! At around 8.30 am Indian Std timIng.

And now heres some bad news- dont want to add more fire to the Muslim flame thread- but there are a lot of protest groups in Pakistan who are on the streets protesting it- banners, slogans - the whole bloody package. “Human rights violation” is what they are bitching about.

What they should have done is held up banners saying : “Respect Human Rights- HANG THE BASTARD”

Poor Pookie. She’s probably crying over a gallon of Ben & Jerry’s right now.

Wow, I feel so triumphant, so incredibly uplifted.

No, not really. I oppose the death penalty… even for Saddam Hussein.

“You murdered your own people. Murder is wrong. Therefore to demonstrate how wrong murder is, the state is going to execute you”.

Doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. Oh well, Bush can act like a hero I guess… he showed up his Dad, and we all know how important that is, to America.

I think there are still a few forums without one or two Saddam threads.

You might want to check up on that.

Welp…I guess Saddam won’t “hanging” around Iraq anymore.

[quote]Brad61 wrote:
“You murdered your own people. Murder is wrong. Therefore to demonstrate how wrong murder is, the state is going to execute you”.

Doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.[/quote]

Sure it does. It’s the eye-for-an-eye mentality. You kill someone, you get killed yourself. Makes perfect sense to me. No sense in keeping a murderer alive when all it does is wastes money. Besides why should a genocidal person get a reprieve to live the rest of his life when he has taken so many lives himself.

Yes, I am ALL for the death penalty.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
No sense in keeping a murderer alive when all it does is wastes money.[/quote]

You are aware that an execution generally costs more than keeping the perp imprisoned for the rest of his natural life.

By the time he goes through all his appeals and various recourses, all paid by the state, often millions have been spent.

Iraq does it the economical way: Sentence, reject appeal, hang. All within a month or two.

[quote]pookie wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
No sense in keeping a murderer alive when all it does is wastes money.

You are aware that an execution generally costs more than keeping the perp imprisoned for the rest of his natural life.

By the time he goes through all his appeals and various recourses, all paid by the state, often millions have been spent.

Iraq does it the economical way: Sentence, reject appeal, hang. All within a month or two.
[/quote]

Sure I understand that. Our system sucks in that manner. I’d really like to see it like Iraq or China. You get sentenced and it’s carried out swiftly.

But I’m a bit Draconian in that respect.

I am appaled by it. If I didn’t know the background behind the whole, I would think it was a bunch of insurgents or fundamentalists executing someone. The black hoods and street clothes really don’t help their image. The interim Iraqi government is on the same moral plane as the insurgents in my eyes now.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
pookie wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:

Sure I understand that. Our system sucks in that manner. I’d really like to see it like Iraq or China. You get sentenced and it’s carried out swiftly.

But I’m a bit Draconian in that respect. [/quote]

The word is fascist.

The US system allready is draconian.

[quote]orion wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
pookie wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:

The word is fascist.

The US system allready is draconian.[/quote]

Do you really have to keep posting your idiocy for everyone to see? The US system is draconian? Oh, lord. Have you been to the Middle East? Pick any of the peaceful nations: Iraq, Iran, Saudi, Syria. Then tell me that the US system is ‘draconian’. Go do China and then tell me how ‘draconian’ the US is? Keep you little soundbites to yourself it they don’t make sense. Flog yourself six times with your pick purse for this one. Then we’re even.

[quote]DS 007 wrote:
orion wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
pookie wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:

The word is fascist.

Do you really have to keep posting your idiocy for everyone to see? The US system is draconian? Oh, lord. Have you been to the Middle East? Pick any of the peaceful nations: Iraq, Iran, Saudi, Syria. Then tell me that the US system is ‘draconian’. Go do China and then tell me how ‘draconian’ the US is? Keep you little soundbites to yourself it they don’t make sense. Flog yourself six times with your pick purse for this one. Then we’re even.[/quote]

5% of the world?s population, 25% of the world?s prison inmates.

Anything else?

And no, those other countries do not execute so many people as to explain the difference.

The US is among the leaders in that category too…

PS: You seem to be fascinated by my accessories. Why is that?

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
pookie wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:

But I’m a bit Draconian in that respect. [/quote]

I agree. The judicial system never makes mistakes, so why would we waste time and money trying to double check it before putting someone to death?

[quote]etaco wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
pookie wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:

I agree. The judicial system never makes mistakes, so why would we waste time and money trying to double check it before putting someone to death?[/quote]

When you have eye witnesses and solid proof, there is no need for appeals. I’m not talking about cases where a person is accused and sentenced based upon evidence that seems circumstantial and the prosecution sells it hard to the jury.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
etaco wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
pookie wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:

I agree. The judicial system never makes mistakes, so why would we waste time and money trying to double check it before putting someone to death?

When you have eye witnesses and solid proof, there is no need for appeals. I’m not talking about cases where a person is accused and sentenced based upon evidence that seems circumstantial and the prosecution sells it hard to the jury.[/quote]

Eye witness testimonies are among the most unreliable means of “proof” there are…

And that means assuming that said witnesses are telling the truth and are not being leaned on by the DA (I know, totally unheard of)…

“The judicial system never makes mistakes”

I think that has to be the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Thankyou, your words have made my day.

[quote]orion wrote:
DS 007 wrote:
orion wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
pookie wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:

The word is fascist.

Do you really have to keep posting your idiocy for everyone to see? The US system is draconian? Oh, lord. Have you been to the Middle East? Pick any of the peaceful nations: Iraq, Iran, Saudi, Syria. Then tell me that the US system is ‘draconian’. Go do China and then tell me how ‘draconian’ the US is? Keep you little soundbites to yourself it they don’t make sense. Flog yourself six times with your pick purse for this one. Then we’re even.

5% of the world?s population, 25% of the world?s prison inmates.

Anything else?

And no, those other countries do not execute so many people as to explain the difference.

The US is among the leaders in that category too…

PS: You seem to be fascinated by my accessories. Why is that? [/quote]

Again. Go to Saudi. Watch someone get beheaded in the village square. Good fun. Certainly not ‘draconian’. Do you think that China and middle eastern countries publish reliable, accurate numbers of those executed? Idiot.

[quote]DS 007 wrote:

Again. Go to Saudi. Watch someone get beheaded in the village square. Good fun. Certainly not ‘draconian’. Do you think that China and middle eastern countries publish reliable, accurate numbers of those executed? Idiot.[/quote]

So in order for you to be able to keep up your illusions about the US justice system the numbers must be wrong…

Interesting…

And yes, public beheadings are so inredibly uncivilized compared to a system where 95% of all criminal cases are plea bargained and where people are railroaded into prison because DA`s need the conviction numbers…

Plus, I’d rather be beheaded by an expert than be gased or die strapped to an electric chair and so would you.

[quote]orion wrote:
DS 007 wrote:

Again. Go to Saudi. Watch someone get beheaded in the village square. Good fun. Certainly not ‘draconian’. Do you think that China and middle eastern countries publish reliable, accurate numbers of those executed? Idiot.

So in order for you to be able to keep up your illusions about the US justice system the numbers must be wrong…

Interesting…

And yes, public beheadings are so inredibly uncivilized compared to a system where 95% of all criminal cases are plea bargained and where people are railroaded into prison because DA`s need the conviction numbers…

Plus, I’d rather be beheaded by an expert than be gased or die strapped to an electric chair and so would you. [/quote]

Go ahead and trust the numbers coming out of those places. They are historically so honest. You probably actually believe that.

[quote]etaco wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
pookie wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:

I agree. The judicial system never makes mistakes, so why would we waste time and money trying to double check it before putting someone to death?[/quote]

Yes, it should take 20 years or so to do that.