Saddam Guilty, Sentenced to Death!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061105/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saddam_verdict

Anybody else think it’s funny that this happened on the 5th of November?

Remember remember the 5th of November!

[quote]j281 wrote:
Anybody else think it’s funny that this happened on the 5th of November?

Remember remember the 5th of November![/quote]

but they swear the two are not linked!!

would they lie?

No, nobody ever lies. However, I am not surprised.

sentenced to death, how uncreative. Better to send him to a British or US gaol and then treat him like any other murderer IMO, complete with an induction kicking from the daddy of east wing and a workout in the showers each morning from ‘the sisters’.

[quote]mazilla wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061105/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saddam_verdict[/quote]

Saddam sentenced to death?! what an outrage!!!

blame it on Bush!!! It’s his fault!

Actually I think life imprisonment would’ve been much better for Saddam. Now, executing him will simply make him a martyr in the eyes of his supporters.

Martyrdom has a lot of importance in the eyes of most Muslims, be they Sunnis or Shiites. I’m sure some Imams will take advantage of this to use Saddam as a symbol of what the West does to their “Heroes,” no matter how sick we might feel that to be.

Life imprisonment is much less “glamorous” in the eyes of a jihadist; and probably much worse a fate for Saddam; who surely misses his palaces, booze and other perks of dictatorship. Let him miss them for another 30 to 40 years.

[quote]PtrDR wrote:
mazilla wrote:

blame it on Bush!!! It’s his fault![/quote]

Dumbass.

[quote]lovehunter wrote:
PtrDR wrote:
mazilla wrote:

blame it on Bush!!! It’s his fault!

Dumbass.[/quote]

you are a very creative person; I truly feel insulted and put in my place…

What about those who enabeled him to do those killings?

Come on, liberals. Speak up! Saddam is a man in the mold of Che Guevarra and Joseph Stalin (your fabled “Uncle Joe”). Madmen and killers all. He’ll be an icon to your lunatic movement shortly after his death. Another victim of Bushitler’s evil reign of terror, right?

Why not do the man the service that you feel he deserves. Show him all that love and reverence now while he’s alive. Talk about all the ‘little Eichmann’s’ in the WTC and how (Bill Maher says) “We had it comin’”. Talk about how Saddam’s hands were clean and run on a loop the segment of F9/11 that show’s Iraq as a land a peaceful kite-flying. Presided over by the loving and benevolent Saddam. Your hero and demigod. Fuck you all.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Actually I think life imprisonment would’ve been much better for Saddam. Now, executing him will simply make him a martyr in the eyes of his supporters.

Martyrdom has a lot of importance in the eyes of most Muslims, be they Sunnis or Shiites. I’m sure some Imams will take advantage of this to use Saddam as a symbol of what the West does to their “Heroes,” no matter how sick we might feel that to be.

Life imprisonment is much less “glamorous” in the eyes of a jihadist; and probably much worse a fate for Saddam; who surely misses his palaces, booze and other perks of dictatorship. Let him miss them for another 30 to 40 years.

[/quote]

Agreed. Keeping him imprisoned would have been a better political choice.

Whatever though. He’s an evil fucking basterd and I won’t give a tear when he dies.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
Come on, liberals. Speak up! Saddam is a man in the mold of Che Guevarra and Joseph Stalin (your fabled “Uncle Joe”). Madmen and killers all. He’ll be an icon to your lunatic movement shortly after his death. Another victim of Bushitler’s evil reign of terror, right?

Why not do the man the service that you feel he deserves. Show him all that love and reverence now while he’s alive. Talk about all the ‘little Eichmann’s’ in the WTC and how (Bill Maher says) “We had it comin’”. Talk about how Saddam’s hands were clean and run on a loop the segment of F9/11 that show’s Iraq as a land a peaceful kite-flying. Presided over by the loving and benevolent Saddam. Your hero and demigod. Fuck you all.[/quote]

…What the fuck is wrong with you?

Seriously, there is not an American alive who liked, supported, or remotly agreed with Saddam Hussein.

The reference to Uncle Stalin is retarded. Give it up. Liberals don’t hate America, don’t support terrorism, and don’t like Saddam any more than the conservatives.

Bill Mahr doesn’t represent all liberals. Just like Rush Limbaugh and George W. Bush don’t represent all conservatives.

Wow, change of execution plans. It turns out they’re not going to execute Saddam by hanging, after all.

Instead, Dick Cheney is going to shoot him in the face.

Boy this happened just in the nick of time, because I was just about to vote for the Defeatocrats on Tuesday.

If they win, we’re all going to be speaking Iraqi !!!

Why not do the man the service that you feel he deserves. Show him all that love and reverence now while he’s alive. Talk about all the ‘little Eichmann’s’ in the WTC and how (Bill Maher says) “We had it comin’”. Talk about how Saddam’s hands were clean and run on a loop the segment of F9/11 that show’s Iraq as a land a peaceful kite-flying. Presided over by the loving and benevolent Saddam. Your hero and demigod. Fuck you all.[/quote]

You’re talking about Saddam Hussein, former Iraqi dictator, right?

The Saddam whose Ba’ath party the CIA supported in the 70s, right?

The same Saddam you supported in the Iran-Iraq war, right?

The Saddam you sold WMDs to in the 80s, while Reagan was in power, right? The one who’s seen shaking hand with Donald Rumsfeld on that picture, right?

The Saddam who’s claim that Iran has gassed the Kurds you officially supported until the 90s. Right?

You’re talking about that Saddam, aren’t you? 'Cause I might be reading you wrong, but I get the feeling you don’t like him anymore. It’s sad to see a beautiful friendship end so badly.

you are certifiably crazy, as is anyone that thinks people like che, stalin, and hussein are heroes.

Uncle Joe? wtf?

[quote]pookie wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:
Why not do the man the service that you feel he deserves. Show him all that love and reverence now while he’s alive. Talk about all the ‘little Eichmann’s’ in the WTC and how (Bill Maher says) “We had it comin’”. Talk about how Saddam’s hands were clean and run on a loop the segment of F9/11 that show’s Iraq as a land a peaceful kite-flying. Presided over by the loving and benevolent Saddam. Your hero and demigod. Fuck you all.

You’re talking about Saddam Hussein, former Iraqi dictator, right?

The Saddam whose Ba’ath party the CIA supported in the 70s, right?

The same Saddam you supported in the Iran-Iraq war, right?

The Saddam you sold WMDs to in the 80s, while Reagan was in power, right? The one who’s seen shaking hand with Donald Rumsfeld on that picture, right?

The Saddam who’s claim that Iran has gassed the Kurds you officially supported until the 90s. Right?

You’re talking about that Saddam, aren’t you? 'Cause I might be reading you wrong, but I get the feeling you don’t like him anymore. It’s sad to see a beautiful friendship end so badly.

[/quote]

US intelligence/military industrial complex are experts at creating boogie men in strategic places for future invas…, I mean liberating of oppressed countries…

[quote]Ren wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:

you are certifiably crazy, as is anyone that thinks people like che, stalin, and hussein are heroes.

Uncle Joe? wtf?[/quote]

Do some reading, asshole. “Uncle Joe” was Truman’s nickname for Stalin. This was around the time that the White House was filled with Communists. A great time for America and, really, part of what spawned today’s pervasive “liberal thought” (i.e. America = Bad / Our Enemies = Good). Today, Communists are called democrats!

Do you see the ‘Che’ shirts on the street, on TV? Do you think those are CONSERVATIVES wearing them? Do you think it was Rush Limbuaugh who produced “The Motorcycle Diaries” (AKA: A Love Letter for Che)?

Was it Conservatives who made F-9/11? Who painted that picture of Saddam’s Iraq? Bush? Rummy?

Idiot.

I say let the jackass die of cancer and deny him treatment.

Ren wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:

Uncle Joe? wtf?

Do some reading, asshole. “Uncle Joe” was Truman’s nickname for Stalin. This was around the time that the White House was filled with Communists. A great time for America and, really, part of what spawned today’s pervasive “liberal thought” (i.e. America = Bad / Our Enemies = Good). Today, Communists are called democrats!

Do you see the ‘Che’ shirts on the street, on TV? Do you think those are CONSERVATIVES wearing them? Do you think it was Rush Limbuaugh who produced “The Motorcycle Diaries” (AKA: A Love Letter for Che)?

Was it Conservatives who made F-9/11? Who painted that picture of Saddam’s Iraq? Bush? Rummy?

Idiot.[/quote]

Hey idiot, did you see that picture of Saddam shaking hands with someone. Who IS that?
I think it must be some liberal, America hating, communist right?
Perhaps it’s even Kerry.