Sad Day...Presented by BBD.com

So I recently decided to post a bit on bodybuildingdungeon.com, and suggested that a kid who was 175 lbs and looking to cut should instead bulk to 200 or more, then consider cutting, so he would have an impressive physique. I was then told by one of the mods that:
“160lbs isn’t that small if you are 5’ 8” cut. Hungry4more the 200lb “standard” is more appropriate for people who are around 6’."

I responded with:
"No offense Freak, I realize you’re a mod and all, but if I was 30 lbs less than I am now at my height, I would be pretty darn small. That’s what I weighed when I was 16…unimpressive.

A solid 160 at 5’8" in my book is good…for a girl."

All that to say, the ebbing fascination with good big muscular guys isn’t just a problem on this site…heck, I’ve got mods over there saying 160 at 5’8" isn’t small. Sad day.

Start posting where people aren’t idiots.

you’re welcome,

– Captain Obvious

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

you’re welcome,

– Captain Obvious[/quote]

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

you’re welcome,

– Captain Obvious[/quote]

I guess I was initially under the impression that was a decent place…oh well.

Dickbag, if someone was at 160 lbs in contest condition, 3-4% bf, that would still be pretty small, but someone who’s cutting down from 175 most likely would be closer to 150 lbs anyways, which is definitely pushing it.

You can never tell by the numbers.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
You can never tell by the numbers.[/quote]

Sometimes you can.

[quote]DickBag wrote:
hungry4more wrote:
So I recently decided to post a bit on bodybuildingdungeon.com, and suggested that a kid who was 175 lbs and looking to cut should instead bulk to 200 or more, then consider cutting, so he would have an impressive physique. I was then told by one of the mods that:
“160lbs isn’t that small if you are 5’ 8” cut. Hungry4more the 200lb “standard” is more appropriate for people who are around 6’."

I responded with:
"No offense Freak, I realize you’re a mod and all, but if I was 30 lbs less than I am now at my height, I would be pretty darn small. That’s what I weighed when I was 16…unimpressive.

A solid 160 at 5’8" in my book is good…for a girl."

All that to say, the ebbing fascination with good big muscular guys isn’t just a problem on this site…heck, I’ve got mods over there saying 160 at 5’8" isn’t small. Sad day.

a solid 160 pound guy at 5 mfoot 8 isnt small if he has small bone structure.

likewise, a solid ripped 200 pound six foot guy isnt small if he is also small bone structured.

in the offseason the 200 pound guy would be 230 maybe.

which isnt that small.

and the 160 guy would be 190 at 5 foot 8.

sorry for the unhardcore truth.
[/quote]

You’re assuming this dude on BBD.com was 160 pounds and in contest shape? Doubtful. Very doubtful. I’d go as far as saying it’s almost impossible.

As long as we’re assuming things, I’m going to assume he was like most other dudes who post at his size and say he’s 175 pounds of skinny fat and wants to cut to see his abs.

I think my assumption is more accurate than yours.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

The problem is that the obsession over numbers can hinder progress. There are always exceptions when it comes to how much a bodybuilder should weigh in at to look the part. But for the majority of people, more weight should always be a priority. Some have a goal of being 240lbs one day, it may never happen, but they will likely make more progress than someone who is shooting for lower bodyweight.

An exception might be, 1morerep, T-Nation’s resident genetic freak. :slight_smile:

[quote]ab_power wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
You can never tell by the numbers.

The problem is that the obsession over numbers can hinder progress. There are always exceptions when it comes to how much a bodybuilder should weigh in at to look the part. But for the majority of people, more weight should always be a priority. Some have a goal of being 240lbs one day, it may never happen, but they will likely make more progress than someone who is shooting for lower bodyweight.

An exception might be, 1morerep, T-Nation’s resident genetic freak. :)[/quote]

This is why it’s important to have fluid goals. I progress on a sliding scale. I don’t want to weigh 240lbs, I want to be bigger, leaner, stronger. Always. Numbers don’t matter. Shugs’s latest blog entry is relevant.