Sack Tightness?

I’m a 45 yr old man, former body-builder and power-lifter (avid cross-fitter now) and I have been on HRT for several years. I’m very happy with how I feel overall but with an unhappy side-effect; a very “up-tight” nut sack. I’m running a mere 30mg test cyp BIW (twice per week) and 300i.u. HCG BIW as well as .5mg anastrozole BIW.

My nut-sack feels like a prepubescent boy most of the time, and only seems to relax late in the evening, especially after a couple of drinks. I hate the way it feels most of the time and wish I had an answer. Thanks!

Is your HCG pharma grade?

Same here. I hate it and have tried everything to make it loosen up. They look great when the little muscles relax but it’s rare. Maybe mine is stress related but ever since my testes began to atrophy as I became hypo gonadal they’ve been drawing closer to my body. On hCG at least it’s less pubescent looking than without but I’m still not happy.

That’s a very large dose of Anastrozole for such a small amount of testosterone, and could very well be the cause of your issue.

What have your sensitive E2 values been on this protocol?

Yes, my HCG is compounded at a local pharmacy especially for me and it is a very reputable pharmacy. Thanks

I’m sorry, I was actually mistaken - I take half that dose of Anastrozole, .25mg BIW.
As far as my sensitive estradiol levels, I’m not sure of what my levels are. I don’t get a print out or anything of my levels, I just have a conversation with my doc, who says everything looks good.

[quote]bulldogman wrote:
I’m sorry, I was actually mistaken - I take half that dose of Anastrozole, .25mg BIW.
As far as my sensitive estradiol levels, I’m not sure of what my levels are. I don’t get a print out or anything of my levels, I just have a conversation with my doc, who says everything looks good. [/quote]

It would be helpful if you could get copies of your bloodwork from your doctor and post a few of the pertinent values here, mainly E2. Hopefully sensitive E2.

You would be an extremely rare case if you actually needed Anastrozole with that protocol. Low E2 could definitely be causing this.

Please read these stickies:

• advice for new guys and don’t ignore the first paragraph

Yes, get those labs and post with lab ranges.

To see if the hCG is good, get a home pregnancy test and it should indicate that you are pregnant. We have seen hCG damaged from good pharmacies before. Did you get it dry and add the BA water yourself? Shipping hCG wet can ruin it.

[quote]AlwaysUp wrote:
You would be an extremely rare case if you actually needed Anastrozole with that protocol. Low E2 could definitely be causing this.
[/quote]

I disagree. I was on 25mg E3D and my E2 went up to 49 and that was WITHOUT hCG. Also, how can you even know that when most of the guys here are reporting a starting dose of 100mg/week? I started at 50mg/wk and 5mg at a time gradually over a period of a year am now at 100mg/wk. Don’t underestimate the power of lower doses. If you start high you can’t go low again but if you start low you’ll get way more bang for your buck.

I shake my head in dismay every time I hear someone is starting at 100mg/wk because it means they’ll never know if 50 or 70 was just as good but possibly had fewer side effects. Physicians all over the globe are guilty of this practice of starting at a therapeutic range as if everyone is the same. If and when I finally get into med school my main objective is going to be ‘start low and go slow’ with virtually every medication I order. It’s that way for the very frail and elderly why not everyone else?

No, when I get it it’s already wet. It’s not shipped or anything though, I just pick it up locally. I’ll try the prego kit. In all reality, I feel like my nuts are pretty plump most of the time, especially when they relax - but 90% of my day I have this severe uptight nutsack condition that’s almost embarrassing!

Thank you, I will try to do that!! :slight_smile:

Great reply buddy. I am also in the medical field and I understand that more is not necessarily better!

The muscles in the scrotum respond to LH and hCG creates the same response. Many here have had their junk up tight and hCG resolved that. So that is the way that things typically are. This effect is really a good indicator and when there have been cases of bogus or damaged hCG, is it is the scrotum and testicular volume that was the clue and pregnancy tests were then done. Again, urinary hCG should be sufficient. One might try urine and if the result is negative, perhaps you could apply hCG from the vial onto the same test to see if that shows.