T Nation

Saban and Myer?

Any body else anxious to see Nick Saban and Urban Myer go at it in the SEC?

Some “analyst” feel that Alabama almost has eight “automatic” wins “built-in” their schedule, as long as they have a good coach. (I personally think that there are no “automatics” in the SEC, though).

Despite how you may feel, it is only good for College Football for Saban to be back in the mix.

One last question. How do the people at LSU feel? (I haven’t heard much from them).

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Some “analyst” feel that Alabama almost has eight “automatic” wins “built-in” their schedule, as long as they have a good coach. (I personally think that there are no “automatics” in the SEC, though).

Despite how you may feel, it is only good for College Football for Saban to be back in the mix.

One last question. How do the people at LSU feel? (I haven’t heard much from them).

Mufasa[/quote]

We feel betrayed. He said when he left LSU, he wouldn’t be back to college ball. Liar. Follow the money.

That’s ok. Les Miles took his team and continued the winning streak, and rest assured LSU will show Saban no mercy come game day. After all he did sign up with LSU’s biggest rival.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Mufasa

We feel betrayed. He said when he left LSU, he wouldn’t be back to college ball. Liar. Follow the money.

That’s ok. Les Miles took his team and continued the winning streak, and rest assured LSU will show Saban no mercy come game day. After all he did sign up with LSU’s biggest rival. [/quote]

He lied to the Dolphins too. No class

"…Hot Boudin, Cold COUSH, COUSH, COUSH…!

It seems like with each year, the recruits at LSU become bigger and faster. LSU/ALABAMA will be another barn-burner.

2007…where will the LSU/ALABAMA game be played?

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
"…Hot Boudin, Cold COUSH, COUSH, COUSH…!

It seems like with each year, the recruits at LSU become bigger and faster. LSU/ALABAMA will be another barn-burner.

2007…where will the LSU/ALABAMA game be played?

Mufasa [/quote]

Don’t know yet, but hopefully it will be in Death Valley just so Saban can see what he could still have.

Cmon guys, I know you feel betrayed, but how is he any different than anyone else leaving a company for more money somewhere else? We all have our price when it comes to another job. He has to consider whats best for himself and his family. If he starts losing, you think any of those schools, or the dolphins would show any loyalty?

[quote]Kayrob wrote:
Cmon guys, I know you feel betrayed, but how is he any different than anyone else leaving a company for more money somewhere else? We all have our price when it comes to another job. He has to consider whats best for himself and his family. If he starts losing, you think any of those schools, or the dolphins would show any loyalty?

[/quote]

Dude, he had the entire state of La eating out of his hand before he left. HE breathed new life into a sully program…and then bailed. He was making money hand over fist at LSU. We bought the lie about him wanting to get back into the NFL, and that it wasn’t about money. But now we see he is just a greedy man. Seriously, how many millions does one need to adequately provide for his family?

[quote]Kayrob wrote:

[/quote]

I don’t have any problem with him leaving, just lying about.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Kayrob wrote:

Dude, he had the entire state of La eating out of his hand before he left. HE breathed new life into a sully program…and then bailed. He was making money hand over fist at LSU. We bought the lie about him wanting to get back into the NFL, and that it wasn’t about money. But now we see he is just a greedy man. Seriously, how many millions does one need to adequately provide for his family?[/quote]

What is best for his family is a personal decision, the man has the right to any career choice he wants to make. Like I said, LSU would fire him after too many bad seasons. All I am saying is that schools and teams are not loyal to their coaches, so why should the coaches be loyal? Hell, Miles did the same thing to OSU that Saban did to LSU. It would be nice if things were a little different, but they’re not.

On the upside though, the SEC is going to be fun to watch next year, and I am not evans an SEC team fan.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Kayrob wrote:

I don’t have any problem with him leaving, just lying about.

[/quote]

Exactly. Therein lies the difference.

DB