T Nation

SA Fifa World Cup Fail

http://www.hayibo.co.za/articles/view/1212/Government_warns_World_Cup_stab_vests_useless_against_taxi_fenders.htm

[quote]
JOHANNESBURG. A knife-proof vest being marketed to British tourists as a must-have item at the 2010 World Cup has been slammed by the South African governmen, which says it is completely pointless as most tourists killed will either be shot or run over by taxis. However the country has recommitted itself to killing as few tourists as possible.

However, this morning the South African government condemned the armoured items, describing them as alarmist, reactionary and discriminatory against people who earn a living through knife crime.

But, said spokesman Whiplash Mahlangu, the real outrage was how ineffective the vests would be in keeping tourists alive.[/quote]

Are you fucking kidding me???

[quote]
“The world is coming,” he said. "The important thing to remember is that of the 500,000 guests coming to our shores, 499,974 will be going home alive.[/quote]

Honestly, that is THE most ridiculous thing I have ever read.

When you have spokesmen like this representing an ENTIRE country, you can be surprised the whole place is going to shit.

Get you vest here!

http://www.protektorvest.com/

That’s got to be a hoax(?)

The alleged spokesman’s name is Whiplash? I’m leaning towards hoax.

You’re right - I was double checking but couldn’t find a source.

The name didn’t give it away - I’ve heard many stranger names when I still lived there.

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/showthread.php?p=67783

That’s a thread about it.

Either way, 2300 odd MURDERS a month, and they honestly think tourists aren’t going to be in any danger?

Yeah right.

Yikes!

Most likely South Africa needs to be protected by the footie fans - Remember last cup when Germany ran out of beer?

[quote]Mascherano wrote:
Yikes!

Most likely South Africa needs to be protected by the footie fans - Remember last cup when Germany ran out of beer?

[/quote]

Yeah, well that won’t be a problem now that the Irish have been robbed from playing. Fuck the French!!!

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:
Yikes!

[/quote]

Fuck the French!!![/quote]

Agreed.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:
Yikes!

[/quote]

Agreed.[/quote]

x100000000!

I can’t wait for this shit, I’ve already put in my vacation days!!!

Vamos Argentina carajo!

I’m pulling for Portugal. Figo is the shit.

Anyone but France to win, and I hope Dempsey is able to play, he deserves it with the way he’s been playing for Fulham.

^^ Yep. Its good to see Americans playing abroad. Its the only way the US team will get any better.

I also always pull for Fulham. They were better a couple years ago though.

Portugal is good - they could get to the semis.

I think English football fans can take care of themselves, just hope they’re not too drunk that they can’t defend themselvs :slight_smile:

[quote]Yonatan wrote:
I think English football fans can take care of themselves, just hope they’re not too drunk that they can’t defend themselvs :)[/quote]

True, but if they wonder into a township, drunk, it’s not going to be a pretty sight.

Voi dovete imparare la verita`…Forza Azzuri!!!

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:
Yikes!

[/quote]

Agreed.[/quote]

x100000000!

Vamos Argentina carajo!
[/quote]

You are Argentinian? Girls from Argentina are soooo hot. Now I understand your name, I can’t stand Mascherano though.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:
Yikes!

[/quote]

Agreed.[/quote]

x100000000!

Vamos Argentina carajo!
[/quote]

You are Argentinian? Girls from Argentina are soooo hot. Now I understand your name, I can’t stand Mascherano though.[/quote]

I am indeed Argentinian, moved to the states when I was 3.

Mascherano plays dirty :wink:

And I assume you’re a Ronaldo fan?

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:
Yikes!

[/quote]

Agreed.[/quote]

x100000000!

Vamos Argentina carajo!
[/quote]

You are Argentinian? Girls from Argentina are soooo hot. Now I understand your name, I can’t stand Mascherano though.[/quote]

I am indeed Argentinian, moved to the states when I was 3.

Mascherano plays dirty :wink:

And I assume you’re a Ronaldo fan?[/quote]

I knew you were Argentinian, I could tell form your picture :P. Which city were you born in?

and yea Mascherano is dirty and moans too much BUT look who my favorite player is lol, Ronaldo is in the top 5 of the most bitchiest players.

I thought that article was from The Onion. Good grief.

Ronaldo is bitch, but a sexy bitch, so he’s allowed. And really, all footie players bitch and moan (especially the Italians-Maximus) except for my Carlitos Tevez who is an upstanding guy through and through. I <3 him.

Buenos Aires - Caballito. You familiar?