?'s Regarding Precision Nutrition?

^ No, that was a typo of mine. I meant to say two whole eggs - 16. Not 26.

But anyways…yeah, how long until my metabolism becomes normal ? =/

[quote]friedrice683 wrote:
^ No, that was a typo of mine. I meant to say two whole eggs - 16. Not 26.

But anyways…yeah, how long until my metabolism becomes normal ? =/[/quote]

yeah, you are right. and still over estimating i think 4+3=7

im obvously not an expert at this;]

Fredrice,

First, let’s cut all Bulls*it and start with: Baring some unique medical condition - You can’t get fat if you eat clean and train.

Second, you don’t get fat overnight. I remember seeing your picture in a forum - you could use 10-20LBS of mass. You’d look better. If you aren’t able to gain lean mass without freaking out then you need to focus more on your psychiatric treatment, and consider some meds.

With all of your activity - you need to eat. Unless you eat 6000Kals of pasta everyday and give up cross country - you won’t blimp up. If you gain 5 LBS of FAT then adjust your diet and lose it.

Your seeking a level of precision you just don’t need. Eat more. If you start getting fat instead of muscle then adjust. Don’t carry a food scale around with you or anything for heaven sake.

Good luck.

(PS, at one time I weighed over 300LBS, at least 30%BF, and at my peak was 207, 8.5%. I’m currently working off year of depressing marriage gone bad sedintary beer drinking doritos eating fat and targeting a clean 10% at 170-185. So, I’ve been there done that as far as being FAT and altering body composition.)

Alright.

Would it make much of a difference if I just ate 3 BIG meals and 2 smaller meals? Because it’s hard to pack food from the caf? Or will I experience greater fat gain if I go that way?

With both cross country and weight lifting on your agenda you couldn’t get fat if you tried. I say “you” specifically because someone in other circumstances and with a bigger stomach might be able to do so, but I seriously doubt you could take in the calories to make it happen even if you tried to live like a sumo wrestler. Since you’ve done your reading you should understand that your metabolism is flexible. With the type of intake you have relative to your activity and natural BMR, you could still raise calories substantially before your body would start storing calories as opposed to burning them or using them for structural use.

Another thing you should understand is that the higher you ratchet up your metabolism through actual eating and putting on muscle, the easier it will get to lose weight. You may have had to work your ass off to lose those thirty pounds you did, but that’s mostly because your body didn’t want to lose them. When you have substantial amounts of muscle on your body acting as a protein reserve and your body isn’t accustomed to starvation, moderate diets become straight foward, fairly easy and very effective. If your ultimate goal in life is single digit bodyfat, I can absolutely guarantee that you will have an easier time achieving it at 180 or 190 than at 130 or 140.

At your size almost all excess calories will go to buidling muscle if you’re lifting consistantly. These advanced methods like nutrient timing and carb-cycling are designed for people who are already big enough that their bodies’ have become quite resistant to putting on extra muscle. At this point extra calories are used predominantly for fat gain if the calories aren’t timed; the body doesn’t really want more muscle at this point and is fighting you. This isn’t an issue you will need to worry about until you’re closing in on 200 though. So don’t worry about carb cycling and DON’T cut carbs post workout pretty much ever.

As for you question, three big meals and two smaller ones would be perfectly fine so long as you get enough calories.