S.LA.P TEAR

[quote]LevelHeaded wrote:
So right now, you are only just warming up and stretching out your shoulder before your sessions. What does your normal training program look like?

From what you have described you are not doing any maintenance or activation work for your scapular stabilizers and rotator cuff, nor are you addressing thoracic mobility. And yes, I did bring up impingement in the past. If you wish to continue with your current regiment of just a “warm up and stretch” then go for it. But I would highly suggest looking into a much more appropriate pre-workout routine consisting of thoracic mobility drills, scapular musculature activation, and rotator cuff activation in addition to your “warmup and stretching”.

Doing “rehab” does not mean you HAVE to stop your normal training, although with the amount of issues and times that you have come onto this board and asked about a shoulder or wrist issue, some time off would probably do you some good. But none-the-less, I understand you need to fight to make your money. So for you, I would suggest putting the time into rehab/"pre"hab exercises and place the focus of your weight training into performance advancements with injury prevention and correcting some pathologies you have present. [/quote]

Thank you for the reply and help,Im lucky where I do not have to pay for rehab,so in rehab terms,what should I be looking for from them ? like names of certain exercises ? as I said sadly for me,real good rehab folks here are scarce…thanks again

[quote]CPerfringens wrote:
No one has a SLAP lesion because it’s fucking uncommon. I wish I could examine your shoulder though. [/quote]

I posted above most of what the MRI says…?? want any more info let me know,why do u say its uncommon ?

It’s hard to say what you need to have done because each individual is different based off of their personal limitations and restrictions. The main components in most shoulder rehab programs should be to address the following:
-Thoracic mobility
-Rotator Cuff activity/Glenohumeral stabilization
-Proper Scapular rhymthm
-Proper Glenohumeral scapular rhythm
-Scapular stabilizer activation

It’s hard to say what you need to have done because each individual is different based off of their personal limitations and restrictions. The main components in most shoulder rehab programs should be to address the following:
-Thoracic mobility
-Rotator Cuff activity/Glenohumeral stabilization
-Proper Scapular rhymthm
-Proper Glenohumeral scapular rhythm
-Scapular stabilizer activation
[/quote]

sounds good and thank you,I have noticed the scapular seems over looked based on my own trials,Im going to look into it,thanks again for the help

Level wanted to say thank you again,I talked to a DR yesterday he works some local sports teams,told hm some things I learned here and did not want to jump right to surgery,he talked like we on the same page,and Im gonna start some rehab next week,thanks again,and quick question,in the am when I wake up my hand (same as hurt shoulder) I have NO grip strength,its like I cant crush a grape,it goes away as I wake up then about 30 mins later,Im assuming this is cause of my shoulder ??? maybe from sleeping on it also ? again thank you…

Lack of grip strength is most likely directly correlated from your shoulder issue, especially if you are sleeping on the arm/shoulder. Probably have some nerve inhibition/restrictions and would benefit from some nerve glides to help with the symptoms.

Lack of grip strength is most likely directly correlated from your shoulder issue, especially if you are sleeping on the arm/shoulder. Probably have some nerve inhibition/restrictions and would benefit from some nerve glides to help with the symptoms.[/quote]

Thanks again