T Nation

Rymon Log of Lifting

I don’t remember that. I mean, I remember the curl in the squat rack comment / thread but don’t remember you advocating a specific approach to arm training. I think my mmc with arms is pretty good at this point but how do you really know?

If you tell me what to do for arms I’ll do it exactly to the letter for 6 months.

Right now I’m on a 4-day split w/ arm work at the end of 3 workouts.

OHP
Squat (+ arms volume)
off
Bench (+ arms intensity)
off
Deadlift (+ arms strength)
off

Arms volume = 3 sets hammer curls, 3 sets EZ french press, 3 sets DB curls, 3 sets DB Skullcrushers – 15+ reps, short rest, add reps each session

Arms intensity = Cable curl, cable pushdown, 1 set each rest-pause / drop set to failure, adds reps/weight each session

Arms strength = BB curl, EZ Skullcrusher (behind head) 3 sets 6-8 reps, add weight each session

Forty-five degrees to what? When do you flare? Seriously, without a video it’s almost impossible to give you useful advice.

ah well that’s where you’ve been going wrong then.

Get your deadlift numbers up and your arms are bound to grow.

I told the OP in that thread how to train arms. Remembering that you were also there, I mistook that for an exchange with you since we’ve had so many exchanges on hypertrophy vs strength training in other people’s threads before. However, I have definitely told you my views on “hypertrophy training” as stated above many times.

I recognize this plan is directly influenced by Thib’s work but I doubt he would advise you to do this for 6 months straight. I honestly think you should just do a normal bodypart split with an arm day and a bit of additional work on bench and deadlift days for triceps and biceps respectively. Choose an arm day that you like from here:

Feel free to substitute exercises.

*additional work:

Rope Pushdowns
5x10 same weight.
Rest 10secs between sets followed by a dropset after the last set.
Squeeze for a 2 count(not 2 secs) at full contraction. If your triceps are not almost cramping, you’re doing it wrong.

Machine Preacher Curls
5x10 same weight.
Rest 10secs between sets followed by a dropset after the last set.
Squeeze for a 2 count(not 2 secs) at full contraction.

**Gain weight!

EDIT

That plan given to you in your thread is extremely sound too. I would advise you to do that first to get used to the idea that you MUST increase reps or weight every workout and beat the logbook even for arms.

Aha! Found one! Edit: @craze9 whoops replied to the wrong post.

don’t reply to me unless you mean it, bitch.

Also, we probably shouldn’t clutter up this dude’s log like this…

Haha sorry… cunt.

@rymon511 My apologies.

2 Likes

@Yogi1 its tottaly fine… @dt79 i dont mind sharing . it feels like chat room YAY

1 Like

i dont mean to flare… btut heavy weight i find my self flaring[quote=“dt79, post:327, topic:216814”]
Rope Pushdowns5x10 same weight.
[/quote]

i like bar not rope… hard to hold [quote=“dt79, post:327, topic:216814”]
Machine Preacher Curls
[/quote]

i use super set i found frm ct posts… spider curl super set with preacher curl… he called it mikanical drop set[quote=“dt79, post:327, topic:216814”]
**Gain weight!
[/quote]

im trying to dont push it
@dt79 do u think wall squat would make me better

guys i wanta lift for my 5x5 for back… I WONT DEADLFT
and why @MarkKO want me to do 3 sets not 5… its called 5 by 5 right ? i love 2 things about my body now… arms and legs grow fast… chest doesnt grow at all lol

NOO ITS 25 and i can do the 17.5 each side really good form for like 6 reps

@FlatsFarmer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fwf45pIAtM
for u i know u like these

@dt79 do u think this how bigginer powerlifters always train… cuz mark finally mae it clear… the simplest from of lifting … is this the idea i use for my all main lifts? so exsited to hit legs tomorroww…

?
You are supposed to gradually flare your elbows towards the top of the movement. If you over tuck your elbows, the pressure will be on your shoulders.

I was responding to craze9 in that post, not you.

Why? What do you hope to accomplish by doing that?

5x5, 4x5, 4x6, 6x4, 7x3… who gives a fuck? 5 is not a magical number.

Do 1 top set for bench press then use dumbbells for all other chest pressing.

I think you should just do this for military press. Stick to what you’ve been doing for everything else until it stops working.

I have NEVER done 5x5 or 5x10 with the same weight before in my life and I’m doing fine. Everything works. Don’t get caught up in some kind of “optimal” rep scheme. Try it out first with your military press and see how well you respond.

I don’t know. But I’ll tell you what I have observed. Every big and strong guy I know in real life who decided they want get good at powerlifting started out training like a bodybuilder. The 5x5 fullbody program kids I have met in the gym in the past 3 years who declare they are powerlifters from the start are still weak and small and foam rolling for 30mins before every workout due to injuries.

*I am talking about 5x5 FULLBODY programs, not about the 5x5 rep scheme.

1 Like

i do only bench using bar… but what does top set mean… sorry i ask alot. .[quote=“dt79, post:337, topic:216814”]
do u think wall squat would make me better
[/quote]
to learn not to lean farwrd… leaning ues my glutes more to move weight so i gwet sore but

i know i wanted to tell u what i do for my arm[quote=“dt79, post:337, topic:216814”]
You are supposed to gradually flare your elbows towards the top of the movement. If you over tuck your elbows, the pressure will be on your shoulders.
[/quote]

ur losing me bro[quote=“dt79, post:337, topic:216814”]
Every big and strong guy I know in real life who decided they want get good at powerlifting started out training like a bodybuilder
[/quote]

i wanna be huge but strong…not a fool man whos huge but weak ass to be able to fght if i have to some day … getting in fight is as easy as beathing here…
and being polit and walking away doesnt work… makes u look like a wuss
also lifting heavy makes me happy

@Yogi1

Check this out lol!!!

THAT BIG WEAK GUY Part 2 - The Streetfighter

Coming soon to a forum near you!

Just do 1 work set for the bench.

Just put 5lb plates under your heels.

is this guy i dont know making fun of me? seriously r u? do u know any thing about me or where come from…

No I’m making fun of the idea that there are big guys who are weak. I have never met a big, weak guy except for 2 who are probably genetic anomalies. There are fat guys who are weak. Big, MUSCULAR guys are not weak.

1 Like

This is the thread I’m joking about. I am not making fun of you.