Rye Bread and Red Potatoes

I’ve seen CT label rye bread and red potatoes as a staple carb source when on a carb dominant diet, or when using a carb cycling approach that calls for fat dominant and carb dominant days.

I have always been under the impression that all potatoes except yams were pretty much high glycemic and also the same regarding bread with the exception of whole wheat. This is the first time I remember coming across anyone advocating these source of carbs, and wanted to know how others felt putting these up there with oatmeal, yams, and the like. Thanks.

I wouldnt put them up with yams and oats but many time your Rye bread etc is very dense uses whole grains etc and the red potato’s HMMM CT may be talking about yams in that as they are red might be a mis understanding. not sure. Either way the Potato’s are not the devil sure they are High GI/II but post training and those looking to gain shouldnt steer clear of them. They are a lot better than processed junk.

[quote]Phill wrote:
I wouldnt put them up with yams and oats but many time your Rye bread etc is very dense uses whole grains etc and the red potato’s HMMM CT may be talking about yams in that as they are red might be a mis understanding. not sure. Either way the Potato’s are not the devil sure they are High GI/II but post training and those looking to gain shouldnt steer clear of them. They are a lot better than processed junk.
[/quote]

Not to mention that the skins on potato’s are very, very nutrient dense and good for you