Ryan Kennelly New World Record 1070

Another (better) angle:

[quote]ninearms wrote:
Another (better) angle:

From that angle, he didn’t seem to lockout. At least that’s how I see it. Strong brute nonetheless. He even attempted 1105.

[quote]2274 wrote:
ninearms wrote:
Another (better) angle:

From that angle, he didn’t seem to lockout. At least that’s how I see it. Strong brute nonetheless. He even attempted 1105.

I’d agree, but wow! its close. Anyway the refs gave it to him, they should give the benefit of the doubt to the lifter, I guess its hard to see when you need all those spotters.

just doesn’t seem like lockout since weight starts to fall since you can’t keep it up there very long. But if you look out how extended his arms are at the start, they are that extended at the finish also.

[quote]shizen wrote:
just doesn’t seem like lockout since weight starts to fall since you can’t keep it up there very long. But if you look out how extended his arms are at the start, they are that extended at the finish also. [/quote]

I’m not sure. The start seems to be more extended than the finish.

Really impressive.

Thinking about it, this is so dangerous too. Half a ton hanging over your sternum, oh boy!

Freakin’ amazing… I am so weak. haha

The shirt is a super duper phenom but the shirt is a much denser material than the regualar phenom. Im talking twices as strong. The shirt is only a double ply shirt not a a triple ply and the neck is what kills me its 12 ply. that is not a joke it is 12 ply thick.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
It is.

As for why Ryan doesn’t take it… he’s nothing to gain from doing it.

He smashes it - big deal, we already knew he was the strongest

He misses it - Cheating gear whore

In addition, if he was to break it, it would just give the trolls an exact amount of carryover to hate on.[/quote]

So anyone who disagrees with the use of equipment that provides mechanical assistance is a “troll”?

Fuck you.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Hanley wrote:
It is.

In addition, if he was to break it, it would just give the trolls an exact amount of carryover to hate on.

So anyone who disagrees with the use of equipment that provides mechanical assistance is a “troll”?

Fuck you.[/quote]

lol, you just proved him right. was that a joke?

Hanley wrote:
It is.

In addition, if he was to break it, it would just give the trolls an exact amount of carryover to hate on.

Fuck you.[/quote]

Whatever. He’s also the strongest raw bencher in the world, so he can do whatever he wants in my opinion. No one else is strong enough to handle his raw poundages, so if he wants to grab a 12 ply shirt I don’t care. He’s the strongest at both, shouldn’t that be enough?

No, I think it would be this part-

that qualifies.

inb4shitstorm

Hanley wrote:
It is.

Fuck you.[/quote]

Lol. I remember you. Good to see your absence from the board hasn’t had a negative effect on your wit and intelligence.

Personally that was probably the worst bench I have seen Ryan do. Touch and go, not locked out, and not even conrol at the top of the lift. As for giving the benefit of the doubt to the lifter!! For a WR there should be no ‘benefit of the doubt’! If you want ‘benefit of doubt’ go lift in a gym.

Monster lifter and the one of the best benchers on the planet, but not his best days work and a shame that this kind of sloppy lifting is given credance as a WR.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Hanley wrote:
It is.

Fuck you.

Lol. I remember you. Good to see your absence from the board hasn’t had a negative effect on your wit and intelligence.
[/quote]

I’ve been around, just haven’t bothered wasting a minute on types like you. Besides, I wouldn’t have said anything had you not insinuated that anyone who disagrees with you adds nothing to the forum and exists only as a problem.

As to the new record, awesome, they made better shirts. Good for them.

I’ve been around, just haven’t bothered wasting a minute on types like you. Besides, I wouldn’t have said anything had you not insinuated that anyone who disagrees with you adds nothing to the forum and exists only as a problem.

[/quote]

How was there any insinuation? I said what I believed would happen if he did break the record. It’s a statement of opinion.

Just in case anyone’s forgotten, the last time this dude posted on strength sports was after Ryan’s 1036lb bench. And all he did was hate, bash and troll there too.

Maybe Ryan stole his girlfriend or something. He might have run over his dog. Maybe Ryan turned him down for a date…

I really don’t know.

It is rich that you talk about people “adding to the forum”. All you add is hate, jealously and begrudgery. I’ve yet to see you give any training advice, or enter into ANY meaningful discussion other than “he wears a shirt, he’s a cheater, if you don’t agree with me you’re a cheater. Go fuck off, cheater”.

But hey, if hating on others makes ya happy, roll with it.

Here’s a different angle on the vid. It actually looks good from it!

[quote]Hanley wrote:
CappedAndPlanIt wrote:

How was there any insinuation? I said what I believed would happen if he did break the record. It’s a statement of opinion.
[/quote]

You dont see any insinuation in using the term “trolls” to describe anyone who disagrees with you on a particular subject? Had you said “anti-gear crowd” or “gear haters”, or anything else that didn’t bear such a connotation as “trolls”, then yes, you simply would have been stating your opinion.

Hahaha awww, you need to make sure everybody will gang up on me. How cute.

I never bashed, hated, or trolled. I shared my opinion that I disagree with equipment that provides mechanical assistance, and had you and your ilk jump down my throat about it.

[quote]

Maybe Ryan stole his girlfriend or something. He might have run over his dog. Maybe Ryan turned him down for a date…

I really don’t know.

It is rich that you talk about people “adding to the forum”. All you add is hate, jealously and begrudgery. I’ve yet to see you give any training advice, or enter into ANY meaningful discussion other than “he wears a shirt, he’s a cheater, if you don’t agree with me you’re a cheater. Go fuck off, cheater”.

But hey, if hating on others makes ya happy, roll with it.[/quote]

You really need someone to explain concepts like “connotation” to you. I never called anyone a “cheater” since “cheat” implies breaking a rule. The people who bench in shirts only do so in competitions where shirts are allowed; they are not cheating anything.

My point was, and is, that such devices take away from the point of the competition (to see how much a human being can bench press). How does that translate to “hate”?

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Hanley wrote:
It is.

Fuck you.

Whatever. He’s also the strongest raw bencher in the world, so he can do whatever he wants in my opinion. No one else is strong enough to handle his raw poundages, so if he wants to grab a 12 ply shirt I don’t care. He’s the strongest at both, shouldn’t that be enough?

[/quote]

No offense, but I doubt it. Lacking starting strength in the bottom portion of the lift would put him at a major disadvantage to someone who has been training within that range. Are there any records of his raw bench?

I just dont see where a three board 725 bench mean he would be able to take the world record which is 715. If each board is two inches thick, thats 6 inches less ROM. I cant think of a lift where cutting off 6 inches of ROM at the hardest part of the lift would only result in 10 more pounds (or, in this case, less than 2% increase).

As to the stance that “since he’s the strongest, he can do what he wants”… doesn’t that ruin the point of having rules to the competition? What if he wants to bounce it off his chest or raise his ass off the bench or not lock it out completely? And if the rules of the organization he was lifting in deemed it ok for him to do so, would you support it? Or would you feel as though making those changes took away from the fundamental spirit of the competition?

[quote]IainK wrote:
Personally that was probably the worst bench I have seen Ryan do. Touch and go, not locked out, and not even conrol at the top of the lift. As for giving the benefit of the doubt to the lifter!! For a WR there should be no ‘benefit of the doubt’! If you want ‘benefit of doubt’ go lift in a gym.

Monster lifter and the one of the best benchers on the planet, but not his best days work and a shame that this kind of sloppy lifting is given credance as a WR.[/quote]

I agree with everything except “For a WR there should be no ‘benefit of the doubt’!” You say that for WRs there should be no benefit of the doubt, so does that mean that non-WRs SHOULD receive the benefit of the doubt? Every lift should be judged the same, period. So either you give all lifters teh benefit of the doubt or you make the lifters prove it to the judges beyond a doubt. The problem with the second proposition is that then you get BS where lifts are disallowed because they werent sunk two inches below parallel, or the pause wasn’t “long enough” (whatever teh heck that means.) So yes I think that lifters should be given the benefit of the doubt, and that applies to world records as well.