Ryan Kennelly - 405x20 Bench

I came across this vid of Ryan Kennelly firing off 20 reps with 405 lbs. It doesn't even appear as though it's any resistance at all. I guess that's the kind of weight he uses for his speed work. Pretty impressive. Oh and I guess it's not hard to believe when you learn the guy bench pressed 1036 lbs!

Crappy form. He didn’t even lock most of the reps out. I benched that when I was in high school. [/sarcasm - you never know around here]

Seriously, the guy is a beast.

I remember seeing video of this guy doing DB extensions with what looked like about 140-160ish for high reps. It looked like recovery work- like how normal strong folks rep tricep extensions with 30lb bells. Ryan is the real deal.

monster. this dude is a monster. is he only competing in bench pressing? or is he competing in powerlifting meets?

what weight class? he looks pretty big

[quote]matrick wrote:
monster. this dude is a monster. is he only competing in bench pressing? or is he competing in powerlifting meets?

what weight class? he looks pretty big[/quote]

judging by the size of his thighs I’m guessin he might do more than just bench.

[quote]matrick wrote:

what weight class? he looks pretty big[/quote]

I didn’t know you could only do bench, I thought powerlifters HAD to compete in the big three. He has a really solid build for benching, definitely the best looking bencher -when you compare to that really fat white guy who got the first 1k±

I’m surprised these super heavy powerlifters don’t have severe joint problems, I knew one guy at my gym who was able to lift pretty heavy-over 400 bench- and said he had some joint problems which prevents him from going heavy anymore.

[quote]shizen wrote:

I didn’t know you could only do bench, I thought powerlifters HAD to compete in the big three. [/quote]

You can certainely bench only in a meet. Also there are push pull meets and some bench only meets.