Rx-Squat Forward Leanage

K I WILL listen to what yee all are telling mee, BUT i made two new squat videos today for judgement to see if my high bar looks semi-okay.

KTHANKSBYE

VID ONE

CAMERA ADDs 10LBS SO BE NICE :slight_smile:

ALSO WIll appreciate compliments on my red hot chili peppers t-shirt, eheheheh

K VID NUMERO 2!!

MAKE SURE DEPTH IS GOODSKIES

Spock, first the t-shirt is the world.

Second, what a huge improvement, congratulations, Iā€™m proud of you. I love the way you squat now, your numbers are going to go way up.

Your depth is fine, please donā€™t look to far into your very slight pelvic rounding, itā€™s totally ok.

I hope youā€™re still considering beginning to train at the UofA powerlifting room, it would be a great environment for you.

Either way, take care and donā€™t change a thing

THANKS BUDDY!! THat is very good to know! :smiley:

I hope it doesnā€™t take me like 3 years to get back up to my old numbers though :/. Today I only did around 95-105lbs and if felt semi-heavy.

it wonā€™t take long at all, those squats looked very easy, what were your old numbers?

You already have Do-wins and are still squatting in chucks? Whats wrong with you!? Wear em!

Yes just walk into the club room and talk to somebody, the majority of members train in the afternoon/evening. Tell them you lifted in the powersurge meet and want somebody to check your form out.

Awesome squatting Spock. I actually have alot to learn from you. I working my way out of the mistake of trying to squat like those who wear gear. It messed up my form pretty bad for awhile and I couldnt for the life of me fix it until I realized I need to squat with raw form.

[quote]farmerson12 wrote:
Awesome squatting Spock. I actually have alot to learn from you. I working my way out of the mistake of trying to squat like those who wear gear. It messed up my form pretty bad for awhile and I couldnt for the life of me fix it until I realized I need to squat with raw form. [/quote]

hey man, I did the exact same thing.

post a video like spock and Iā€™d be more than happy to see what improvements you can make

[quote]Larry10 wrote:

Awesome squatting Spock. I actually have alot to learn from you. I working my way out of the mistake of trying to squat like those who wear gear. It messed up my form pretty bad for awhile and I couldnt for the life of me fix it until I realized I need to squat with raw form. [/quote]

hey man, I did the exact same thing.

post a video like spock and Iā€™d be more than happy to see what improvements you can make[/quote]

Awesome. Ill post a video when I get the chance. Thanks man.

Does ā€œlike those who wear gearā€ mean sitting way back? If so, I should probably change my technique as well lol.

[quote]DaveForner wrote:

Does ā€œlike those who wear gearā€ mean sitting way back? If so, I should probably change my technique as well lol.[/quote]

Iā€™ve seen you squat Dave, I remember thinking it was really good, plus I wouldnā€™t want to step on Johns toes.

I would highly recommend a pair of weightlifting shoes though, they make a big difference.

[quote]DaveForner wrote:

Does ā€œlike those who wear gearā€ mean sitting way back? If so, I should probably change my technique as well lol.[/quote]

Ya thats what I meant. I never had a pl coach or mentor so I taught myself by watching vids and following online sites. Most of the squatting techniques I watched were directed toward gear lifters without me realizing it.

I would try to sit back so much that I would fall backwards and then hammer the shit out of my hams thinking that they were just too weak(which they were of course). After dealing with so much pain in my hips, I finally went to a raw meet, watched the competitors technique, and realized Ive been hurting myself the whole time. Now Im slowly trying to correct the issue.

[quote]DaveForner wrote:

Ya thats what I meant. I never had a pl coach or mentor so I taught myself by watching vids and following online sites. Most of the squatting techniques I watched were directed toward gear lifters without me realizing it.

I would try to sit back so much that I would fall backwards and then hammer the shit out of my hams thinking that they were just too weak(which they were of course). After dealing with so much pain in my hips, I finally went to a raw meet, watched the competitors technique, and realized Ive been hurting myself the whole time. Now Im slowly trying to correct the issue.[/quote]

OMG WEā€™RE 100% THE SAMESKIES :D!

[quote]308smk wrote:
You already have Do-wins and are still squatting in chucks? Whats wrong with you!? Wear em!

[/quote]

I was/am very emotionally attached to my chucksā€¦
Theyā€™ve been with me through all the good times, and bad.
Itā€™s like all these cool powerlifters get to have ā€œtheirā€ chuck color. I know this guy who is a red chuck guy, and heā€™s just the coolest.
Then dave, dave is a grey chuck guy.

Iā€™m a black chuck gal. Change is hard on people <ā€” No Country for Old men quote, EEFF YEs I have gotten to use TWO no country for old men quotes on T-Nation in the past two weeks, WOOT

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
I know this guy who is a red chuck guy, and heā€™s just the coolest.
Then dave, dave is a grey chuck guy.

[/quote]

Gee, thanks.

[quote]DaveForner wrote:

I would try to sit back so much that I would fall backwards and then hammer the shit out of my hams thinking that they were just too weak(which they were of course). After dealing with so much pain in my hips, I finally went to a raw meet, watched the competitors technique, and realized Ive been hurting myself the whole time. Now Im slowly trying to correct the issue.[/quote]

I actually just finished an article that deals with this, Iā€™m going to try to get it published on here, first draft and a few revisions are done, but Iā€™m going to beef it up a little more this coming week so Iā€™m sure it gets published.

I also started my foray into powerlifting squatting like someone wearing 10ply gear. I still havenā€™t gotten my shit together.

[quote]csulli wrote:
I also started my foray into powerlifting squatting like someone wearing 10ply gear. I still havenā€™t gotten my shit together.[/quote]

My article should be done soon, in the meantime why donā€™t you post a vid of your squat from a few different angles? Iā€™d be more than happy to point out what youā€™re doing well, and what things you can improve on to make your squat even better

[quote]Larry10 wrote:

[quote]DaveForner wrote:

I actually just finished an article that deals with this, Iā€™m going to try to get it published on here, first draft and a few revisions are done, but Iā€™m going to beef it up a little more this coming week so Iā€™m sure it gets published.[/quote]

Hope its out soon.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

[quote]DaveForner wrote:

OMG WEā€™RE 100% THE SAMESKIES :D!

[/quote]

Lol.