T Nation

Russian Strength Skill, Rest Between Sets?

Hi Christian, I love the Russian strength routine just have one quick question how long should I be resting between 85% set?

The shortest time possible without having the quality of the performance suffer… about 120 seconds for most.

Hi Christian,

Just wondering how you would incorporate hypotrophy into this program? After the strength skill? Do your strength then maybe hit some curls etc?

Or is there no need to do that?

Thanks

[quote]RollyRoberts wrote:
Hi Christian,

Just wondering how you would incorporate hypotrophy into this program? After the strength skill? Do your strength then maybe hit some curls etc?

Or is there no need to do that?

Thanks[/quote]

You can add bro-building work after the main work of the session… no more than 20 minutes

Lol bro building.

So CT why is the layers system so good? Assuming recovery on point. I notice visual changes from 1-2 workouts of sghp or incline/decline tilt bench. That’s just unreal…

Is this sustainable or just a shock to system and have to “deload” with less intense training styles?

[quote]-Sigil- wrote:
Lol bro building.

So CT why is the layers system so good? Assuming recovery on point. I notice visual changes from 1-2 workouts of sghp or incline/decline tilt bench. That’s just unreal…

Is this sustainable or just a shock to system and have to “deload” with less intense training styles?
[/quote]

Honestly I have no idea… but it just does. Time and time again I’ve seen it. As for it being sustainable. The longest it can be done is 6 weeks and 4 might be smarter… maybe 4 weeks hard, deload one week with bro-building work then start another laying with similar but slightly different exercises

Still think ring work (25-50 chins/dips/rows) and/or static holds can fit into/benefit layers? Can basically treat this as bro-building assistance work (for more hypertrophy) yes?