Russian Squat Routine

http://www.europowerlifting.org/russian.html
wondering if anybody has tried this routine…or to people that havent what you think of it…

A friend of mine has done this program with success
he added 15kg to his squat max and he was already pretty strong(already had a 2xBW squat)…15kg seems good for 6 weeks…he told me it very tiring cant do much more than squat…he done some jumping as part of warm up…3 inch increase in vert in 6 weeks…

Your friend is right about not being able to do much else- my technique work for oly lifts took backseat while I was on this routine. It was well worth it though since I ended up adding 10-15kg on my squat. I would definitely recommend eating a lot more calories than you’re used to and put extra emphasis on recovery efforts (ex sufficient sleep, foam rolling, etc.)

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
Your friend is right about not being able to do much else- my technique work for oly lifts took backseat while I was on this routine. It was well worth it though since I ended up adding 10-15kg on my squat. I would definitely recommend eating a lot more calories than you’re used to and put extra emphasis on recovery efforts (ex sufficient sleep, foam rolling, etc.)[/quote]

what was your squat at…what BW…did your oly lifts incease

[quote]Dan1990 wrote:
what was your squat at…what BW…did your oly lifts incease[/quote]

I went from ~190kg to ~200kg @ 86kg BW. My lifts didn’t increase at first which was frustrating but I remembered that I really hadn’t worked on technique intensely during those weeks of the routine. I also was testing my lifts a week after finishing the routine which was another mistake; my body wasn’t fully recovered yet. Eventually the extra strength carried over so the hard work paid off.

10kg in 6 weeks is very good especially considering you had a very good squat before the program…i may try this in a few weeks…

For the Russian Squat routine would you base this off of your true max or would it be more wise to tone it down say 5% like the smolov squat cycle?