Russian Spies... What is This, 1960?

Saw this on the news at work this morning. Felt it was worth posting in PWI.

why, yes it is . . .

I like the part about the neighbor said, mrs. robinson could not be a spy, her flowers are really nice.

The good old days are here again!

Oh the irony.

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:
The good old days are here again![/quote]

They really never left. The Russians can not give up cultivating information. I guess the Middle East is paying for Russia’s Military Intellegence.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
“After years of F.B.I. surveillance, investigators decided to make the arrests last weekend, just after an upbeat visit to President Obama by the Russian president, Dmitri A. Medvedev, said one administration official. Mr. Obama was not happy about the timing, but investigators feared some of their targets might flee, the official said.”

So “Bam wasn’t happy,” huh? Poor Bam.[/quote]
This worried me. As much as I would love to believe we don’t actually have Russian moles in our country, I hope we never sacrifice national security because it was “bad timing” after a presidential meet and greet.

without divulging too much info - the cubans are actually a far bigger threat. They actually are so good, they had a spy writing our national intelligence estimates of their spying!!

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:
“After years of F.B.I. surveillance, investigators decided to make the arrests last weekend, just after an upbeat visit to President Obama by the Russian president, Dmitri A. Medvedev, said one administration official. Mr. Obama was not happy about the timing, but investigators feared some of their targets might flee, the official said.”

So “Bam wasn’t happy,” huh? Poor Bam.[/quote]
This worried me. As much as I would love to believe we don’t actually have Russian moles in our country, I hope we never sacrifice national security because it was “bad timing” after a presidential meet and greet.[/quote]

No no no, that’s not how things are going to work in Obama’s America. We have to be extra special careful to make sure that the Ruskies don’t get mad at us when we catch them spying.

This is very funny because these people live very close to me… kind of crazy to think about it.

And I know you all hate Obama and Russia and think that he should just move there so we can hate them all in one place, but really, international relations are fragile things, and I can understand why the timing might not be perfect.

Imagine if they arrested a spy ring right as their leader was visiting us. And if you think that we don’t have the same shit going on over there, you’re a fool.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
And I know you all hate Obama and Russia and think that he should just move there so we can hate them all in one place, but really, international relations are fragile things, and I can understand why the timing might not be perfect.

Imagine if they arrested a spy ring right as their leader was visiting us. And if you think that we don’t have the same shit going on over there, you’re a fool.[/quote]

This.

Imagine if they arrested a spy ring right as their leader was visiting us. And if you think that we don’t have the same shit going on over there, you’re a fool.[/quote]
Well honestly, I don’t see how this was bad timing considering the presidents had already met and parted ways. Bad timing would have indeed been when their pres was still here when it happened.
But catching spies from another country is probably going to hurt relations regardless, no? It would seem irresponsible to risk letting them escape the country (to me).

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:

Well honestly, I don’t see how this was bad timing considering the presidents had already met and parted ways. Bad timing would have indeed been when their pres was still here when it happened.
But catching spies from another country is probably going to hurt relations regardless, no? It would seem irresponsible to risk letting them escape the country (to me).[/quote]

I absolutely agree. I’m just saying the situation is neither as easy nor as simple as some of the blowjobbers here make it seem.

Everyone spies. No biggie.

This is very funny because these people live very close to me… kind of crazy to think about it.[/quote]
It’s not crazy when I think about it at all. I’m surprised you weren’t roommates. =]