Russian President

[quote]JD430 wrote:
I would never put the guy on a pedestal for plenty of reasons but I have been alarmed at how often I have been finding myself wishing that we had an American version of Putin.

Just hard to deny how strong a figure he is.

A KGB, Judo master vs. a community agitator or whatever our new president’s previous job title was. Doesn’t seem like a fair fight to me.[/quote]

Putin will let him set up his teleprompter in the background.

[quote]snipeout wrote:
I figure this is as good a place as any to post this…
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081106/wl_nm/us_russia_medvedev_putin

Seems like a certain someone is becoming alot more brazen with the election of Obama.[/quote]

The Messiah is on the watch…no worries at all.

[quote]vroom wrote:

Obama will have to wait until he is no longer president elect before this is his problem.[/quote]

Incorrect - Obama has already begun intelligence briefings and selection of both his Secretary of Defense and State.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Incorrect - Obama has already begun intelligence briefings and selection of both his Secretary of Defense and State.
[/quote]

FFS, he doesn’t get to make policy yet, does he.

[quote]vroom wrote:

FFS, he doesn’t get to make policy yet, does he.[/quote]

You said it wasn’t his problem yet, and it most certainly is his problem now, as he will be making decisions related to it immediately - see the selection of the Secretary of State.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Obama will have to wait until he is no longer president elect before this is his problem.[/quote]

It’s certainly not GWB’s problem. He is what you call a lame duck now. Putin doesn’t fear him because he is just waiting to leave office. I find it more than coincidental that Putin waited until 2 days after Obama was elected to leak this.

Say what you want about Bush, the world may not have liked him but they damn sure respected(feared)him.

[quote]snipeout wrote:
It’s certainly not GWB’s problem. He is what you call a lame duck now. Putin doesn’t fear him because he is just waiting to leave office. I find it more than coincidental that Putin waited until 2 days after Obama was elected to leak this.

Say what you want about Bush, the world may not have liked him but they damn sure respected(feared)him.[/quote]

Bush wasn’t shy about throwing around might… and in and of itself that isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Basically, I’m of the opinion that Obama already knew he’d have to deal with Russia, and that he isn’t going to have much to say on the matter before he’s made the transition. Now that he’s fully informed he’ll decide on a strategy to implement once he’s in charge.

I’m just trying to suggest that it’s not his role to take action or otherwise resolve the issue just yet.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
While everyone is busy arguing mute points about the election…why no “fear mongering” over this?

Russia greets Obama with first foreign policy test:

Well, I’ll give Obama credit if he doesn’t go poking at the bear with a stick. Forget the missile defense. Let’s back off, and everyone take a deep breath.

Wise words.

Might as well start the war today then.[/quote]

And what war would that be?

I think Putin is the good guy on the world stage. The last ‘man’ left in a world full of pussies.

He is a frikkin Sambo and Judo Master, he is an MMA fan, he saved his Cabinet from a Siberian Tiger attack with a trank gun, and pulled his country out of corruption in poverty back to Cold War status.

Don’t hate just because you’re jealous.

If a man like Putin ran in the USA, everyone on T-Nation would vote for him.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
While everyone is busy arguing mute points about the election…why no “fear mongering” over this?

Well, I’ll give Obama credit if he doesn’t go poking at the bear with a stick. Forget the missile defense. Let’s back off, and everyone take a deep breath.

Wise words.

Might as well start the war today then.

And what war would that be?[/quote]

The one that is sure to occur of Obama rolls over for this.

Maybe there will be, but it won’t be with us.

[quote]JD430 wrote:
I would never put the guy on a pedestal for plenty of reasons but I have been alarmed at how often I have been finding myself wishing that we had an American version of Putin.

A KGB, Judo master vs. a community agitator or whatever our new president’s previous job title was. Doesn’t seem like a fair fight to me.[/quote]

You’re right, if only we had a cheerleader in office to protect us

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Maybe there will be, but it won’t be with us.[/quote]

Wishful thinking.

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:
JD430 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
JD430 wrote:

A KGB, Judo master vs. a community agitator or whatever our new president’s previous job title was. Doesn’t seem like a fair fight to me.

Putin is a very bad man. People that speak out against him have a way of disappearing or dying gruesome deaths. I cannot accuse Obama of any of that.

In matters of national interest I think he will eat Obama alive but wouldn’t want Putin running the show here.

I agree 110% and was not hoping we could have Putin here.

There is just a part of me that wishes we had someone with his (few) positive traits in a leadership position.

What are his positive traits?

He is only tough because he places little value on human life.

[/quote]

Decisiveness. I guess I am tired of equivocating politicians.

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:
JD430 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
JD430 wrote:

A KGB, Judo master vs. a community agitator or whatever our new president’s previous job title was. Doesn’t seem like a fair fight to me.

Putin is a very bad man. People that speak out against him have a way of disappearing or dying gruesome deaths. I cannot accuse Obama of any of that.

In matters of national interest I think he will eat Obama alive but wouldn’t want Putin running the show here.

There is just a part of me that wishes we had someone with his (few) positive traits in a leadership position.

[/quote]

And he just looks like a meat-eater. I know that is kind of trivial but we haven’t had many presidents as of late that command respect by their presence alone. Don’t discount the effect that can have.

That’s about all I can say good about the man, however. He is definitely an evil human being.

Sneaky fucking Cossacks…

[quote]JD430 wrote:
Regular Gonzalez wrote:
JD430 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
JD430 wrote:

And he just looks like a meat-eater. I know that is kind of trivial but we haven’t had many presidents as of late that command respect by their presence alone. Don’t discount the effect that can have.

That’s about all I can say good about the man, however. He is definitely an evil human being.[/quote]

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Obama better not blink. [/quote]

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

Wise words.

Might as well start the war today then.

And what war would that be?

The one that is sure to occur of Obama rolls over for this.

I’d put money on it saying he will.[/quote]

be careful what you wish for…