Russian President

While everyone is busy arguing mute points about the election…why no “fear mongering” over this?

Russia greets Obama with first foreign policy test:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
While everyone is busy arguing mute points about the election…why no “fear mongering” over this?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/05/AR2008110502987.html[/quote]

Well, I’ll give Obama credit if he doesn’t go poking at the bear with a stick. Forget the missile defense. Let’s back off, and everyone take a deep breath.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

Well, I’ll give Obama credit if he doesn’t go poking at the bear with a stick. Forget the missile defense. Let’s back off, and everyone take a deep breath.[/quote]

Considering all that is at stake with him taking office…it would be very wise to not even look the bear in the eyes…at least not yet.

Didn’t Putin appoint this guy as his successor?

Obama better not blink.

I would never put the guy on a pedestal for plenty of reasons but I have been alarmed at how often I have been finding myself wishing that we had an American version of Putin.

Just hard to deny how strong a figure he is.

A KGB, Judo master vs. a community agitator or whatever our new president’s previous job title was. Doesn’t seem like a fair fight to me.

Dear Obama,

We will break you.

From Russia with love.

[quote]JD430 wrote:
I would never put the guy on a pedestal for plenty of reasons but I have been alarmed at how often I have been finding myself wishing that we had an American version of Putin.

A KGB, Judo master vs. a community agitator or whatever our new president’s previous job title was. Doesn’t seem like a fair fight to me.[/quote]

Putin is a very bad man. People that speak out against him have a way of disappearing or dying gruesome deaths. I cannot accuse Obama of any of that.

In matters of national interest I think he will eat Obama alive but wouldn’t want Putin running the show here.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
JD430 wrote:

A KGB, Judo master vs. a community agitator or whatever our new president’s previous job title was. Doesn’t seem like a fair fight to me.

Putin is a very bad man. People that speak out against him have a way of disappearing or dying gruesome deaths. I cannot accuse Obama of any of that.

In matters of national interest I think he will eat Obama alive but wouldn’t want Putin running the show here.
[/quote]

I agree 110% and was not hoping we could have Putin here.

There is just a part of me that wishes we had someone with his (few) positive traits in a leadership position.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Didn’t Putin appoint this guy as his successor?
[/quote]

Yes, but Putin still runs the show.

[quote]JD430 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
JD430 wrote:

I agree 110% and was not hoping we could have Putin here.

There is just a part of me that wishes we had someone with his (few) positive traits in a leadership position.

[/quote]

What are his positive traits?

He is only tough because he places little value on human life.

Original article seems to have dissappeared…here’s another article:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081105/ap_on_re_eu/eu_russia_medvedev

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

Well, I’ll give Obama credit if he doesn’t go poking at the bear with a stick. Forget the missile defense. Let’s back off, and everyone take a deep breath.[/quote]

Wise words.

I figure this is as good a place as any to post this…
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081106/wl_nm/us_russia_medvedev_putin

Seems like a certain someone is becoming alot more brazen with the election of Obama.

I wish we could buy our own missle defense systems at Wal-Mart.

Obama clearly spoke in threatening terms to the world on Tuesday night and I am surprised no one picked up on it.

Fuck these stupid chest pounding, warmonger, schoolyard bullies.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
I wish we could buy our own missle defense systems at Wal-Mart.

Obama clearly spoke in threatening terms to the world on Tuesday night and I am surprised no one picked up on it.

Fuck these stupid chest pounding, warmonger, schoolyard bullies.[/quote]

Umm…that shit would be made in China…it might explode poison dog food and baby formula in your face.

[quote]snipeout wrote:
I figure this is as good a place as any to post this…
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081106/wl_nm/us_russia_medvedev_putin

Seems like a certain someone is becoming alot more brazen with the election of Obama.[/quote]

I swear…those damn Russians are crafty bastards.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

Well, I’ll give Obama credit if he doesn’t go poking at the bear with a stick. Forget the missile defense. Let’s back off, and everyone take a deep breath.

Wise words.[/quote]

Might as well start the war today then.

I have no doubt that Medvedev/Putin were watching the election to see how it turned out, and then moved their pawn accordingly.

Two immediate concerns: Obama acquiesces, or Obama tries to overcompensate to shore up criticism he isn’t “tough enough”. Neither is good.

Putin thinks of the world as a Risk boardgame. Obama, by all accounts of what we know of him (very little, and his supporters know less than his critics), thinks the world is more, I dare to say, like the game of Life.

Obama wants to get everyone in the fast track of being a doctor with your carful of kids getting scholarships. Putin wants to invade Irkutsk, hold a continent, and get bonus armies.

I hope I am wrong - but I just don’t see him being forced into a game he clearly is not comfortable in and performing well.

Obama will have to wait until he is no longer president elect before this is his problem.