Russian Bombers in Venezuela

Obama’s first test.

"Russia May Send Strategic Bombers to Cuba, Venezuela

March 14 (Bloomberg) – Russia could base strategic bombers at Cuban and Venezuelan airfields, the head of the Russian strategic air force was quoted as saying by the Interfax news service.

?With Cuba, this is possible,? the Moscow-based agency quoted Major General Anatoly Zhikharev as saying. ?There are four or five airfields with 4,000-meter (13,000-feet) runways which suit us completely.?

Russia has also received an offer to temporarily station bombers in Venezuela from President Hugo Chavez, which Zhikharev called ?possible,? according to state television station Vesti-24.

?If the heads of the two countries show the will, the political will, then we are prepared to fly there,? Zhikharev said, according to Interfax."

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Time for a ‘regime change’ in Venezuela, and Cuba too.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Obama’s first test.

"Russia May Send Strategic Bombers to Cuba, Venezuela

March 14 (Bloomberg) – Russia could base strategic bombers at Cuban and Venezuelan airfields, the head of the Russian strategic air force was quoted as saying by the Interfax news service.

?With Cuba, this is possible,? the Moscow-based agency quoted Major General Anatoly Zhikharev as saying. ?There are four or five airfields with 4,000-meter (13,000-feet) runways which suit us completely.?

Russia has also received an offer to temporarily station bombers in Venezuela from President Hugo Chavez, which Zhikharev called ?possible,? according to state television station Vesti-24.

?If the heads of the two countries show the will, the political will, then we are prepared to fly there,? Zhikharev said, according to Interfax."

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Time for a ‘regime change’ in Venezuela, and Cuba too.
[/quote]

Good call, overthrowing foreign governments by military force has worked out great!

With the present oil glut now would be an excellent time to stop buying Venezuelan oil.

See everyone? Now that Obama is president the world loves us SO MUCH that they are totally willing to park their nuclear armed bombers 100 miles from America!

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
See everyone? Now that Obama is president the world loves us SO MUCH that they are totally willing to park their nuclear armed bombers 100 miles from America![/quote]

Cry me a river.

Let me know when a foreign military power bombs, invades and builds permanent bases on your land. Or overthrows your government to install a puppet regime. Maybe then you’ll feel how so many others have felt.

[quote]lixy wrote:

Cry me a river.

Let me know when a foreign military power bombs, invades and builds permanent bases on your land. Or overthrows your government to install a puppet regime. Maybe then you’ll feel how so many others have felt.[/quote]

I have to agree with ya for once Lixy, those Russians were real pricks back in the day, eh?

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
See everyone? Now that Obama is president the world loves us SO MUCH that they are totally willing to park their nuclear armed bombers 100 miles from America![/quote]

Thank God the US would never do that to any other nation, eh?

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
lixy wrote:

Cry me a river.

Let me know when a foreign military power bombs, invades and builds permanent bases on your land. Or overthrows your government to install a puppet regime. Maybe then you’ll feel how so many others have felt.

I have to agree with ya for once Lixy, those Russians were real pricks back in the day, eh?[/quote]

Them too, yes.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
lixy wrote:

Cry me a river.

I have to agree with ya for once Lixy, those Russians were real pricks back in the day, eh?[/quote]

Yes, Lixy is famous for all the distress he feels and expresses, and has felt and expressed over his life over the Soviets doing such things, and generally anything bad done by any dictatorship or Communist regime.

Hard to think of anything that bothers him more than dictators oppressing people, and/or murdering them by the millions.

(Well, except maybe imprisoned enemy combatants being made to wear panties over their head – oh the inhumanity.)

Certainly haven’t read all of Lixy’s posts, just a ton of them… and I’ve only been here since 1999.

(The “join date” reading later, 2003, is due to the system losing posts.)

If what the ayatollahs and mullahs do bothers Lixy as much as what the United States does, I’d missed seeing it.

What are the implications for Hillary’s (and BHO) re-set button?

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Hard to think of anything that bothers him more than dictators oppressing people, and/or murdering them by the millions.

[/quote]

Not.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

I see you haven’t been paying attention to our relations with the USSR lately. This has nothing to do with Obama specifically. It started years ago, and it has to do with the US paying eastern European countries to let us put massive anti-missile radar stations on their land.

It’s just an attempt for Russia to whip it out and pretend like they have enough strategic importance to leverage us to remove the radar stations. I guarantee that we have a satellite on each of these few airbases, and every time a “training flight” is being run, we also run a training flight of F-18s who happen to have live ammo. That bomber would be in flames the second it crossed into US, or NORAD, sovereign space.

[quote]borrek wrote:
skaz05 wrote:
See everyone? Now that Obama is president the world loves us SO MUCH that they are totally willing to park their nuclear armed bombers 100 miles from America!

I see you haven’t been paying attention to our relations with the USSR lately. This has nothing to do with Obama specifically. It started years ago, and it has to do with the US paying eastern European countries to let us put massive anti-missile radar stations on their land.

It’s just an attempt for Russia to whip it out and pretend like they have enough strategic importance to leverage us to remove the radar stations. I guarantee that we have a satellite on each of these few airbases, and every time a “training flight” is being run, we also run a training flight of F-18s who happen to have live ammo. That bomber would be in flames the second it crossed into US, or NORAD, sovereign space. [/quote]

But they have enough strategic importance-

You do not seem to have caught on on how that asymmetric thing works.

If some cave dwelling semi-literates with AKs can draw the US down into two wars I am sure Russia can be an enormous pain in the ass without spending any serious money.

And that is all they need to do.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
What are the implications for Hillary’s (and BHO) re-set button?[/quote]

The implication is that they are spineless lightweight’s who have no real world experience in dealing with thugs.

They will not stand up to thugs the way Bush would. So now they are out to do everything they can to convince thugs that the United States has no Balls.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
What are the implications for Hillary’s (and BHO) re-set button?

The implication is that they are spineless lightweight’s who have no real world experience in dealing with thugs.

They will not stand up to thugs the way Bush would. So now they are out to do everything they can to convince thugs that the United States has no Balls. [/quote]

YEAH! The time for “cowboy diplomacy” is OVER!

Stupid thread. Honestly, a country whose stock market was just wiped out (far worse than ours) and is in a demographic death spiral sends militarily irrelevant weapons to a tinpot Third World leader who poses no threat to us. This matters why?

Daniel Larison rebuts the stupid “Obama is weak!” theme:

http://www.amconmag.com/larison/2009/03/14/just-imagine-3/

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Stupid thread. Honestly, a country whose stock market was just wiped out (far worse than ours) and is in a demographic death spiral sends militarily irrelevant weapons to a tinpot Third World leader who poses no threat to us. This matters why?

Daniel Larison rebuts the stupid “Obama is weak!” theme:

http://www.amconmag.com/larison/2009/03/14/just-imagine-3/[/quote]

So you WANT those bombers 90 miles from our coast?