Russian Aggression

As I have been saying since I started posting here Russia has hostile intents against the west , UN, EU and the former Soviet ‘republics’. The US may be the world’s only super power but with downgraded armed forces, few useful allies and a long standing culture of isolation where does us?

Any thoughts?

There flexing nuts because they can. All their money is spread out around the world and they know the dollar means more than a small European nation’s democracy. Having a large population of Russian people in the country made it seem legitimate to do. I’m sure the Ukrainians are very pissed off but what did they expect with the infighting that was occurring someone was going to come and keep the peace or take back parts of the country.

Their intent was more to show that they still are a superpower and can and will gobble smaller nations with a Russian population. I wouldn’t be afraid if you are a large nation with money and power I would be worried if I was a small nation with a Russian speaking population.

We’ll the Ukraine has a 20% Slavic population. The Ruskies have taken over all strategic sites and sent Spetznaz throughout the Crimea.

Word of warning to Orion - get out Poland flat chat if that’s where you are located. Just like in 1939 the Ruskies need to. ‘Protect’ their Slavic friends. Not to mention all those oil and gas reserves in the Crimea.

We’ll the Ukraine has a 20% Slavic population. The Ruskies have taken over all strategic sites and sent Spetznaz throughout the Crimea.

Word of warning to Orion - get out Poland flat chat if that’s where you are located. Just like in 1939 the Ruskies need to. ‘Protect’ their Slavic friends. Not to mention all those oil and gas reserves in the Crimea.

Mods dip post

Not accusing anyone of anything, but who knows the history of the Crimean war?

If you know the history you know that Russia should want to control the area because it’s a tactical weakness for them to not control it. With the U.S. having offered missile defense systems and shit to every Russian neighbor, are we surprised? That they have oil and all kinds of goodies there makes that much more sense. But, we have our dumb ass politicians comparing him to Hitler, when we did the same thing in Cuba… Really, would Hillary compare JFK to Hitler? Because she did by default. She’s dumb as fuck.

What about the fact that the people voted and are pro Russia? It may mean they feel bullied and the United States doesn’t like that… Boo hoo if the people of Crimea don’t want their land to become a ground zero again. Why would people want their locale to be where the next huge war takes place?

[quote]Severiano wrote:
Not accusing anyone of anything, but who knows the history of the Crimean war?

If you know the history you know that Russia should want to control the area because it’s a tactical weakness for them to not control it. With the U.S. having offered missile defense systems and shit to every Russian neighbor, are we surprised? That they have oil and all kinds of goodies there makes that much more sense. But, we have our dumb ass politicians comparing him to Hitler, when we did the same thing in Cuba… Really, would Hillary compare JFK to Hitler? Because she did by default. She’s dumb as fuck.

What about the fact that the people voted and are pro Russia? It may mean they feel bullied and the United States doesn’t like that… Boo hoo if the people of Crimea don’t want their land to become a ground zero again. Why would people want their locale to be where the next huge war takes place? [/quote]

Yes I’m familiar with the Crimean War and Russia 's long standing desire for a Black Sea port as well as their strategic advantages it would give them over their eternal enemy Turkey. I did not compare Putin to butler merely to nazi strategy(and soviet strategy) in WWII.

I meANt hitler not butler

I understand you. I’m just a little weird about the situation given my knowledge of the history and the idea of going into another war.

If we really care about the people of Crimea we will do what we can to prevent their land from becoming a warzone, and listening to their vote. If we care about power and politics then we will go to war. We can’t go to war and on the same token claim concern about the people of Crimea given they voted is the underlying thing I’m trying to say. We know about war, that a shitload of civilians are going to die if it happens.

That we have our politicians comparing Putin to Hitler is just plain stupid. I find it a bit insulting she would try and sell this to the country when we have done the exact same thing in the past with Cuba. It’s very selective reasoning they are pushing on us to try and garner our support for action against Russia.

I actually fully understand why Putin is doing it. We need to understand what sort of decision maker he is, the dude is KGB and I’m sure has a lot of retired peers in Crimea. Those bonds don’t go away, brothers fight and die for one another I guarantee he will do the same for his KGB brothers in Crimea. Calling him Hitler is just instigating a shitstorm, it’s not good politics, it’s dangerous.

[quote]Severiano wrote:
I understand you. I’m just a little weird about the situation given my knowledge of the history and the idea of going into another war.

If we really care about the people of Crimea we will do what we can to prevent their land from becoming a warzone, and listening to their vote. If we care about power and politics then we will go to war. We can’t go to war and on the same token claim concern about the people of Crimea given they voted is the underlying thing I’m trying to say.

That we have our politicians comparing Putin to Hitler is just plain stupid. I find it a bit insulting she would try and sell this to the country when we have done the exact same thing in the past with Cuba. It’s very selective reasoning they are pushing on us to try and garner our support for action against Russia.

I actually fully understand why Putin is doing it. We need to understand what sort of decision maker he is, the dude is KGB and I’m sure has a lot of retired peers in Crimea. Those bonds don’t go away, brothers fight and die for one another I guarantee he will do the same for his KGB brothers in Crimea. [/quote]

I can guarantee the US will not go to war with Russia over this. There is no political support for war with Russia or anyone else in the US . What they’re trying to do is get UN support and make a show of protecting their EU allies. Russia knows and will do whatever it wants with virtual impurity. They’re also one of the few countries with a security council vote which they have used against the west since the UN was formed and during post June 42 when they were supposed to be our ‘allies’.