Russia Won't Go Away

If the pounding is not deserved people should argue against it and debate it. Since the stock answer is Obama or Hilary it must be indefensible

Not really as the “stock answer” has always been in part, blaming the previous administration. This is par for the course…you must remember how it goes every four years.

I can agree that it takes place, the difference is the amount of messed up things during Obama year one vs Trump year one. If you pointed out unemployment early in Obamas term it really wasn’t his fault. He inherited one of the worst economic messes in history which is undeniable.

You can’t really point to Obama or Clinton when it comes to the incompetence of this administration. The inability of the President to focus on an agenda instead of a social media account. That is all him.

Twitter in chief has nothing to do with Obama

I’ve already pointed out that it happens regardless of whether the previous administration was great, good or really awful.

The only time it doesn’t happen is in the rare instance that the same party takes over. For example when GHW Bush took over after 8 years of Ronald Reagan.

Basically it’s just politics…

Democrats are better than republicans for the economy and social issues. Nooo republicans are better than democrats for the economy and social issues.

Bla bla bla and it never ends.

I am partisan and so are you…and basically 90% (or more) who post here are as well. Most who come here do so because we want to be vocal about our way of thinking. We then change no minds…occasionally call each other names and then do it all over again the next day.

I will say that with Trumps win it’s been a bit like Ground Hog Day that’s why I have been posting less.

Russia…mister tweet…bla bla bla …Yeah he is an odd obnoxious big mouth. But reading about it daily gets just a bit boring.

I should go back and count the times you said it was just politics during the Obama years in regards to him. You want to set the over\under at 2?

:slight_smile:

Workout time count if you want.

Oh my…did you forget? I am partisan and…SO ARE YOU.

How many times did you criticize Obama? I won’t list his many mistakes and outright lies. But, hey you’re partisan you are not going to point those things out.

Maybe I am tired of reading about all of Trumps flaws because I am partisan…could be.

What else is new?

I criticized President Obama far more than you have President Trump.

But I am guessing that you are growing weary of reading about how bad he is. Going to be a long 4 years of that I’m afraid. Maybe he will change for the better. I doubt it. I just don’t think he can.

He just can’t stop himself. Zero willpower.

Trump is the exact opposite of a T-Man. Weak in body and more importantly weak in mind.

As he would say…SAD!

Oh I am not going to get into how many times each of us criticized someone of our own party. I did read that you said you were not a Hillary fan and I appreciated that. And I have called Trump an obnoxious big mouth bragger many times. You have also read that I have said many times I was a Marco Rubio supporter. In fact, I have also written that I would have chosen any one of the other 16 republicans over Trump. And to be quite honest I would have considered one democrat who was running over Donald Trump, that person being Jim Webb.

But honestly…I think I am safe in saying that the overwhelming majority of each of our past posts has been “pro” our respective political ideologies. And there’s nothing wrong with that. As I said most of us who stick around PWI have a certain view we want to promote. Even those who fancy themselves as moderates have at least an emotional take on someone like Donald Trump. And who can blame them?

:frowning:

Dershowitz also defended OJ, so…

1 Like

He’s not wrong though. Trump could go full retard, it’s not like a GOP Congress is ever going to dream of the word impeachment, let alone push it through. With Dems having virtually no chance of regaining control in the midterms (and certainly not enough for impeachment) Trump really has nothing to worry about at this point.

People might point to the bad PR from the overlord all powerful media, but ultimately that’s useless if there’s no repercussions for your actions.

You (and Dershowitz) may well be right. My reply was a bit of snark to remind @therajraj of a fact we’ve covered several times now; to wit, that Dershowitz, while a bright and well-informed guy, is not the final word on this subject; rather, he’s just another legal-mind talking-head offering what seems to be (to my eye) a minority opinion on the subject. When first he discovered Dershowitz’s opinion in this regard, @therajraj posted it triumphantly along with the comment (paraphrasing) ‘Liberal lawyer Alan Dershowitz says Trump did nothing wrong. Case closed.’

1 Like

Theres a sea of middle ground between impeachable offense and “did nothing wrong” imo.

1 Like

Donny’s projecting again…

I can’t wait to see the mouthbreathing implosion from Trumpers who were denying the existence of Russia meddling. What are the odds Trump becomes FakeNews?

As I anticipate no such implosion, I’m afraid you’re going to be sorely disappointed on this score. The ability of Trump’s core constituency to live with what would be, for the rest of us, intolerably high levels of cognitive dissonance never ceases to amaze.

4 Likes

It’s a typically Soviet/Russian conundrum that was resolved after decades of trial and error. And it goes like this - there is no absolute truth, only relative factual context that entirely depends on the whims of the Leader, meaning that today’s truth may be tomorrow’s lie and vice versa.

1 Like

And Trump is following this playbook perfectly.

I’m surprised to learn you think OJ was guilty.