Russia Won't Go Away

You’re (unsurprisingly) trying change the subject - the investigation isn’t doing any such damage, people leaking the damning information are. We’re talking about official reporting and “updates” from the investigators themselves an ongoing basis - that’s what you were complaining about.

Methinks speculation on both sides, being used as political daggers (& exacerbated through 24/7 news), is doing great harm to our society.

Evidence for this sort of claim has to be bullet proof. It’s far from it.

It’s not a cherry pick, US intelligence has a long history of screw ups

You’re wrong.

Evidence suggest that the Russian investigation hasn’t moved people one iota.

Trump supporters are merely digging in (it’s all a “witch hunt”)…and those that didn’t support him never will.

If Trump’s “reputation” has been damaged…it has be self-imposed.

i’m talking to the people who are in the middle. The hardcore will never be moved.

And what does that tell you about them?

Oh, that Bastion of Truth, Justice and the American Way…Wiki-leaks!

I will continue to ask this question until I die, I guess.

Why are their “leaks” so one-sided and Western…and in the case of the last election…so “DNC-Clinton” sided?

Their credibility is less than zero to me.

3 Likes

The investigation itself separate from the press leaks are have been bad for Trump

Credibility of what? The evidence they release? It should be 100%

If you think they have some motive to do so that’s different

I don’t disagree with your logic, but to suggest trade barriers/fair trade is shouted down here as 'Un American."

In my opinion, trade is a WMD we should wield for our advantage.

2 Likes

Again, the IC considered it bulletproof. Why you think you are privy to superior information in this regard is puzzling.

You seem to believe the US IC has lost essentially all credibility, and that little to nothing they say can be relied upon to be accurate. We’ll have to agree to disagree on that.

I would like to know why you consider the US intelligence so credible in the face of so much counter evidence

You are making the fundamental mistake of looking at a numerator (in this case, the number of IC screw-ups) without considering the denominator (in this case, the total number of IC assessments). I would argue that the ratio of these numbers–which is the true measure of competence–is very, very small.

5 Likes

I’ll tell you “what”, raj.

Assange’s claims of unbiased search for the “truth”…and Assange’s bullshit claims of “independence”.

Okay…then lets see the “leaks” from Russian, Chinese and Iranian Intelligence…(and where are the “leaks” from the RNC and Trump camps with the last election…I must have missed those…)

“Independence” my ass…

Nah.

It’s about the gravity of the screwups

Ok, but I don’t get that impression - I think we’ve got some free traders on here, but I’m more in your camp personally, so I think there’s a variety of views.[quote=“treco, post:1833, topic:226860”]
In my opinion, trade is a WMD we should wield for our advantage.
[/quote]

I generally agree with you. Trade with the US is a privilege, not a right, and while trade should always benefit both trading partners, the US needs to approach trade to maximize advantages to its people, its wealth, and its national security.

Edit: cleaned up sentence.

1 Like

I still think Trump will come out on top after the Trump Russia stuff continues to yield nothing.

Democrats will look like idiots

So Trump who’s tweets have jeopardized his own travel ban and his tweets which have got him in hot water with the Comey situation comes out looking like a genius? Yeah right.

Almost on a daily basis he works against his own self interest because he simply can’t control himself. He has zero willpower.

Although I guess coming from a guy who’s never been laid I should expect the thinking to be a bit different

You’ll notice he never mentions “with a pretty girl” to the above (which matters in obese America).

I’m real jealous of your half ton girlfriend who damn near shattered your pelvis last time she was on top of you

I’ve agreed with this sentiment over and over again, raj.

NO external force…not even the “Deep State” Boogy Men…will bring Trump down.