Russia Won't Go Away

This is a fascinating article on Putin’s increasingly bold moves (assassinations) in the UK over the past decade.

Russian assassins have been able to kill in Britain with impunity over the past decade, 17 current and former British and American intelligence officials told BuzzFeed News. The reasons for Britain’s reticence, they said, include fear of retaliation, police incompetence, and a desire to preserve the billions of pounds of Russian money that pour into British banks and properties each year.

1 Like

Can you imagine Donald, Eric, Donald Jr. and Jared holding their own when dealing with these guys?

2 Likes

Oh look Ken Starr thinks no case for obstruction

Not in the slightest…although the guys in the article, I imagine, aren’t the ones making the deals. I’m guessing they don’t talk much. :slight_smile:

Well that settles it then. I’m calling Mueller right now and telling him to forget the whole thing.

Just another nail in the coffin.

Anyone with an iota of intelligence should know nothing will come of this

Yup also being a huge douchebag doesn’t help either

You mean, the Ken Starr who lost his job as president of Baylor because he was overseeing a culture of sweeping accusations of sexual assault against athletes, football players in particular, under the rug? Pardon the phrase, but that sounds like, oh, I don’t know, if I were to choose a phrase, I guess you could call it obstruction of justice. We sure that Kenneth Starr is the right source to go to here?

3 Likes

The Russia thing has suddenly taken a turn for the meta:

1 Like

Do you have a stance on the subject of this thread or is this another one where you plan to defer to others?

MAGA = Make Attorneys Get Attorneys.

5 Likes

I’ve met a fair bit of lawyers in my day. I can imagine having a lawyer as your client is about as fun as trying to diagnose a doctor. This might get fun after all.

He was pointing out that Mr. Starr’s recent track record has been less than impeccable.

Then again you support a guy who thought Alex Jones has an amazing reputation. Yep the guy who thinks Obama beat Romney because he created a superstorm.

And the dreamers staying in now? You are vomiting from all this winning.

Sounds like Pence might be able to use the money from the PAC he set up (the same day Mueller was appointed, interestingly) to pay his legal fees.

If you must know, part of my “stance” would be this: Kenneth Starr was forced to step down from a position as a University president just last year for saying that there was “nothing to see” regarding the Baylor football team misconduct when there was, in fact, plenty to see there; so I don’t take his word particularly seriously that there is nothing to see here, either. Starr literally obstructed justice (probably doesn’t fit the legal definition for a charge, but tampering with criminal investigations into Baylor athletes is obstructing justice in the literal sense of the words), so why is his opinion especially relevant?

2 Likes

A question isn’t a stance. Best to go back in the shadows and just like other people’s posts

What a surprise…

3 Likes

Wow. Given the ongoing furor over possible inappropriate relations between the Trump campaign/admin and Russia, that the WH would nonetheless push back against a sanctions bill signed by 98 of the country’s 100 senators is as astonishing as it is perplexing.

I have to say, this reinforces my impression that there is at least a kernel of truth underlying the allegations of an inappropriate Trump campaign/admin-Russia connection.

5 Likes

Maybe nothing comes out of the Russia investigation but at the very least the Trump administration has been more buddy buddy to them than any other administration since the start of the Cold War.

1 Like

Zero tactical awareness. Hell, zero awareness at all! Unbelievable.

4 Likes