Russia Won't Go Away

I guess my basic question doesn’t pertain to the Russian’s intention but to their success. Would the outcome of the election have been different without the “propaganda campaign?”

To be clear, I’m not siding with the administration or simply casting a blind eye to Russia’s intentions.

Not sure that is answerable even with a thorough investigation, but it could be. Keep in mind that he won by only 80k votes in three states. But Russia is now the “dog that caught the car”; the Russians are already starting to back away from him.

(As for intentions, which you weren’t asking about, Google “Foundations of Geopolitics”. Pretty interesting considering everything that’s going on in the world right now.)

I can’t help but think about this.

Your mind is already made up. Ok. The video you posted was before Russia annexed Crimea, before Russia invaded Ukraine, and before Russia made a power play in Syria. A lot of administrations have declared a desire to have a “reset” with Russia. I wouldn’t fault Trump for wanting the same… but all of those questionable connections he and his crew seem to have with them makes that just a little bit suspect.

1 Like

I mean seriously, this is getting way out of hand - it’s now too weird even by the standards of cheap spy novels.

It seems another Russian - Alex Orlov - implicated in the Russia-Trump scandal suddenly keeled over. They’re literally dropping like flies - the body count is up to eight for those Russians connected to the “FAKE AND DEBUNKED” Steele dossier.

The deceased Orlov was Trump attorney’s Michael Cohen’s brother’s father-in-law. He was the go-between between the Kremlin and Michael Cohen regarding Putin’s “Ukraine peace plan” delivered to Michael Flynn via Cohen.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/838351476401520640

he’s referring to this

I’m well aware of when this was. I just find it interesting how the Russians went from laughable geopolitical threat to puppeteers of the globe in 5 years (In Democrat minds anyway.)

I can agree with that, being suspicious.

Trump said Obama founded ISIS without any evidence. Wasn’t that suppose to bury him as well?

To be fair, Russia significantly scaled up on doing things that directly impact the U.S. in the last 5 years. Stands to reason if someone escalates you start to see them differently.

1 Like

I’m sure there was a lot behind the scenes, but it almost seems like all of the signals for the Russians to go for it were made very clear in that statement alone.

If I were in Putins shoes, I’d look at that and say “Oh, the POTUS thinks we’re a joke? Lets show him how funny we really are!”.

And if I were in the country who was manipulated’s shoes, I’d be pretty pissed. Not like “pissed if my guy lost” but more of a general outrage even if my guy won

True. However Romney didn’t seem to have to wait for direct escalation to understand the geopolitical threat Russia poses.

1 Like

There’s a difference between understanding a country has the potential to be a threat (ie all nuclear powers) and acknowledging a direct and systematic threat that’s currently being posed.

It’s ironic that people (conservatives) seem to always bring up the Obama quote on Russia…yet the CURRENT POTUS isn’t exactly painting Russia as the Evil Axis.

In fact; he wants cooperation and some undefined “normalization” of the Russian/U.S. relationship.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/thedonaldreddit/status/839128046166757376

Most Trump = stooge for Russia comes from wiretapping.

If there’s no wiretapping going on then all the evidence for Trump working Russia must be false

Fixed it for ya

2 Likes

I just find it ironic that the left hate Russia now after years of accusing conservatives of saber-rattling against Russia and deteriorating the U.S. -Russia relations that Clinton personally delivered a ‘Reset’ button to them.
Anyway here are the facts as I know them. At this time, there has still yet been no evidence of the Trump campaign colluding with Russia.
Flynn’s calls with Russian ambassadors were listened too. The FBI said they listened to it:

“The FBI in late December reviewed intercepts of communications between the Russian ambassador to the United States and retired Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn — national security adviser to then-President-elect Trump — but has not found any evidence of wrongdoing or illicit ties to the Russian government, U.S. officials said.”

And he was listened to at Trump Tower:
“But the extent and frequency of their contacts remains unclear, and the disclosure of the meeting at Trump Tower…”

So these are 3 facts I know.

• No evidence of Trump campaign colluding with Russia.
  • Fynn’s communications with Russia were listened to.
  • It happened at Trump Tower

You can draw what ever conclusions you’d like, but those are 3 facts that are undisputed.

1 Like