Russia Won't Go Away

Oh good glad you moved past your original train wreck of a statement

which was this:

HA HA no seriously that was freaking funny!

No, it wasn’t, and we get it - if it weren’t for double standards, you’d have no standards at all. Run along.

Yeah…but I still expect the press to be impartial…but according to you they don’t have to be because…wait for it…I’M NOT!

LOL…Please respond let’s keep this going as long as possible.

Oh no, I think the media should be impartial (moreso, fair) as a matter of ethics, but that’s because I think they should be bound by the same ethics as me.

You aren’t encumbered by those kinds of ethics (as we demonstrated in precious conversations, your standards are situational depending on whether we’re discussing a Democrat or Republican), so it’s odd and inconsistent that you would think the media should observe different standards than you (after all, if it’s just The Game, isn’t the media entitled to play The Game just like anyone else?).

But, given a chance to explain that, you just barf up usual red herrings and emojis in hopes of coming across as dismissive. Oh well. I’m bored of it, so moving on to policy talk with people who are good at it.

Here’s a recap of what’s gone on this week:

Friday:

Exclusive: Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians: sources

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

Russia probe reaches current White House official, people familiar with the case say

Trump-Russia probe now includes possible cover-up, Congress is told

3 Likes

I give you credit when it is due…and for the following I give you credit:

Credit for making the dumbest remark that you have ever made.

Wahaha…And…again…I thank you!

Please respond…

Here’s a translation of an article from Komsomolskaya pravda. I edited out some clunkier google translate phrases and changed some idioms lost in the translation.

The most striking aspect is how the current rightwing and alt-right media are repeating Russian propaganda word-for-word - not to mention some posters on this site.

When the infamous Komsomolskaya Pravda praises someone (yes, Fox News - see bold text below) you know you’ve hit rock bottom.

Opponents of Donald Trump inside the country are trying to impeach him almost from his first day in office. The most recent accusation being “disclosure of state secrets” (when, during a meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on May 10, the real estate tycoon told him about the threat from Middle Eastern terrorists) hot in the heels of the already familiar accusations of “working for the Kremlin.”

Trump’ opponents claim it was the Russian hackers who hacked the servers of the Democratic Party of the United States during the summer of 2016 the servers and thus helped the Republican politician come to power.

However, on Tuesday the US television channel FoxNews (almost the only one covering the work of the new president without prejudice) offered its version of events almost a year ago.

It turns out that more than 44,000 letters (many of which contained murderous dirt on prominent “democrats”, including Trump’s main rival in the election - Hillary Clinton) could be found on the Internet thanks to one employee from the headquarters of the Democratic Party Seth Rich. “He was an idealist and wanted to change the world,” his parents recall; Apparently, faced with corruption in the ranks of his party, the young man could not remain silent. Be that as it may, soon after the whistleblower Rich was shot by ab unknown perpetrator and the killers have not been found so far …

But the Trump opposition ignores these facts and have started criticizing the White House for another reason - for the recent resignation of the director of the FBI, James Comey. (According to the liberals, the reason for this was the eagerness of the secret services in search of mythical “connections between Trump and Russia”, it’s unnecessary to say that when last fall, 11 days before the presidential election, Comey announced the resumption of the investigation against Hillary Clinton, the same “progressive public” fiercely demanded that he be fired.)

The former spook himself didn’t come clean from this story either: the details of his conversation with Trump fled to the press in February this year, when the resignation of the presidential adviser on national security Michael Flynn - for the same “ties with Russia.”

“Flynn is a good guy,” Trump said at the time, and Comey agreed, thereby indirectly admitting that the President’s team didn’t work for the Kremlin.

“During the first hundred days of the government Trump did not achieve much success, continuing to be subjected to opposition pressure,” commented on the radio Komsomolskaya Pravda, an American political analyst and professor at the Academy of Military Sciences Sergei Sudakov. - However, while it is impossible to speak about impeachment: accusations of “disclosing state secrets” are bullshit as the 45th president did not violate any laws.

2 Likes

Not surprised in the slighest. Trump’s tactics also appear to be right out of the Putin playbook (misdirection, obfuscation, etc.). The FB ads Trump’s running right now are straight-up propaganda.

2 Likes

When I say none of that matters I mean in the context that it would influence my current views of the world. [quote=“zeb1, post:982, topic:226860”]
So…I see things from a different perspective my friend.
[/quote]

And all of that made perfect sense 15 years ago. In today’s sensationalized world, it’s all about the ratings, which drive revenues. It’s not that your perspective is wrong, it’s just outdated.

It’s not like the US government hasn’t ever used propaganda

So is my favorite blue shirt that I love so much…so says my wife.

I remember hearing Kodak say something to that effect years ago. But in all seriousness, have a good weekend. Don’t think I’ll have time for much tnation this weekend.

I think that’s the crux of it. I mean, he has literally shot himself every damn week with something dumb, and he could have made the Russia thing less threatening by doing…almost anything other than what he has done.

I believe he does feed on the attention, and that’s a characteristic of the narcissist

2 Likes

To be fair, I dont know of a politician who DOESN’T use misdirection and obfuscation to try to weasel away from a scandal.

Also, I had no idea about the Facebook ads. Wow…

1 Like

I was recently at a thing and a Congressman said of Trump: “I talked to a doctor friend of mine, and she said Trump was a narcissist - not as an insult, but as a diagnosis.”

All Presidents have a healthy sense of self-regard, but with Trump, I think we’re dealing with a legitimate mental defect.

1 Like

It keeps rolling in. This fits with my half-informed theory that nefarious characters like Flynn saw Trump as a useful idiot they could use to their advantage (and is a realization of fears about Trump being dangerously compromised by belligerent powers):

2 Likes

More secret sources.

Things are crumbling, Raj. It’s not going to get better.

His impeachment is highly unlikely you are dreaming

Do you think impeachment is a likely possibility?
You remind me of this:

1 Like