Russia Won't Go Away

Hahahaha

“I did not have communications with the Russians.”

-Senator Jeff Sessions

Is that a true statement or is that a false statement?

3 Likes

Franken: “But if it’s true, it’s obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?”

Sessions: “Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn’t have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.”

1 Like

I think it was Bolt who brought up the fact that people (especially Politicians) will do a complete 360 depending on the “side” they support.

CNN reporting Trump just told reporters he has “total confidence” in Sessions and he shouldn’t recuse himself from the Russia investigation.

When it comes to Russia, whatever you think is the correct response, rest assured that Trump will say the opposite. Every damn time.

This is just more political theatre.

Democrats are doing whatever they can to keep in place the plan to destroy America via immigration.

It’s comments like these ^ that make me wish there was a downvote button on this forum.

4 Likes

Senators regularly meet with foreign diplomats, right? He really could have said, "Yes, I met with some Russian diplomat. Not as a Trump surrogate, but in my roll as senator. I also met with diplomats from many other countries…name a few… " He could have said that they did not talk sanctions, if that was the case. I’m confused at why he wasn’t just honest about it. I’m not sure it would have been a deal if he had said that during his confirmation, particularly if he detailed the conversation(s). At this point, it just looks really bad. Am I missing something?

In other important national news, I have a terrible cold and have been schlepping around in my PJs for two days now feeling terrible.

A short video summary of the Sessions/ Russia situation if you’re trying to catch up today.

Dems calling for Sessions to resign today.

3 Likes

(CNN)BREAKING: Attorney General Jeff Sessions will recuse himself from any current and future investigations into Russia ties to Trump campaign, he said Thursday.

2 Likes

‘…into Russia ties to the Trump campaign.’

Does that mean he reserves the right to preside over investigations into Russia-related matters that took place during the transition and/or the early Trump administration?

This is what Sessions said today:

…“In retrospect, I should have slowed down and said, but I did meet with one Russian official a couple times, that would be the ambassador,”…

Apparently Sessions agrees with much of what you said, Puff.

1 Like

After that testimony of his, it would be especially suspect if he tried to play word games with this one. (Wouldn’t put it past him though).

Franken’s question was in regards to the utterly FALSE AND DEBUNKED DOSSIER. Of course Sessions had not discussed THAT with the Russians.

Yes, I am sure that’s why there are multiple investigations underway. Because it’s been “debunked”.

Apparently I have mad political strategy / political spin skills, even in my weakened condition. This should scare everyone.

I’m just looked up the symptoms, and I’m beginning to suspect the Russians have slipped me some Plutonium, but it could be that nerve agent the Koreans have been using. I can’t be sure.

1 Like

Yes, and for some inexplicable reason alleged Russian sources for the “FAKE AND DEBUNKED” dossier are regularly turning up dead

1 Like

“Late Wednesday night, after speaking with Mr. Trump, James R. Clapper Jr., the director of national intelligence, issued a statement decrying leaks about the matter and saying of Mr. Steele’s dossier that the intelligence agencies have “not made any judgment that the information in this document is reliable.”

The point: Unverified =/= debunked.

Do you live near a coal mine? I hear they’re now being allowed to dump all kinds of stuff into nearby streams. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Damn…this is turning into “Mission Impossible/Bourne Identity” kind of stuff, guys…

…except this shit is real…

Not only that, but the Dossier did predict (disclose?) several pieces of information that several months later became public - such as the sale of a Russian government stake in the oil giant Rosneft, including the exact price.

So, for all the cries about the dossier being “FAKE”, as of now no information inside has been proven as demonstratively false.

1 Like