Russia Won't Go Away

Hey Tyler you have a lot of good posts on this thread. I know you are all excited about bringing Trump down but this just isn’t going to do it my friend. I’m afraid you are going to have to put up with his tweeting and other oddities for another 3 years and 10 months (or so).

Sorry man.

We’ll see. Drip, drip, drip…

On a side note, this shows the priorities for the sunnis in the 1300 year shia/sunni war - sunnis (Saudi Arabia/UAE/Kuwait/Qatar/ISIS/AQ) started losing significantly in the last year or two (Yemen, Syria, Iraq) to the shias (Iran) and they believe one of the reasons is that Russia at least to some extent has Iran’s back.

This is a new development because the shias have been on their own - without major power backing - for the last 40 years.

Their message seems to be “hey guys, I understand you’re either best buddies with the Russians or working for them, so is there a chance you could maybe ween them off the shia infidels? Just give the Russians something else in return and we’ll pay some serious money”

2 Likes

Bump. It’s been 7 days… :innocent:

Investigations still under way. Congress is in recess and I think the HIC is holding hearings later this month. Media’s been pretty focused on Syria, NK and, today, Spicer’s holocaust flub. There was a Russian hacker arrested this week in Spain who’s wife said it was “linked to Trump’s win”.

Edit: also looks like this was posted just a few minutes ago.

1 Like

Well, it seems we do have some big news regarding Russia. The (in)famous Yanukovich handwritten ledger is true.

When the ledger surfaced last year during an anti corruption investigation in Ukraine, many people dismissed it as an outlandish fake, claiming that no one would be so dumb as to keep a handwritten record of people on Putin’s payroll.

It seems that several payouts listed in the ledger match actual payments to Manafort’s companies, thereby severely boosting the credibility of the previously “fake” ledger.

So it seems tha the noose around Manafort is tightening…

The AP, however, identified in the records two payments received by Manafort that aligned with the ledger: one for $750,000 that a Ukrainian lawmaker said last month was part of a money-laundering effort that should be investigated by U.S. authorities. The other was $455,249 and also matched a ledger entry.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/20cfc75c82eb4a67b94e624e97207e23/records-match-some-ukraine-ledger-payments-ex-trump-aide

3 Likes

Damn. This is getting much more interesting.

2 Likes

So… first this:

Manafort and his spokesman, Jason Maloni, have maintained the ledger was fabricated and said no public evidence existed that Manafort or others received payments recorded in it.

And after evidence about payments surfaced, Manafort’s spokesman said this:

“Since before the 2016 election, Mr. Manafort has been in discussions with federal authorities about the advisability of registering under FARA for some of his past political work,” Manafort’s Spokesman Jason Maloni said in a statement. “Mr. Manafort received formal guidance recently from the authorities and he is taking appropriate steps in response to the guidance. The work in question was widely known, concluded before Mr. Manafort began working with the Trump Campaign and was not conducted on behalf of the Russian government.”

Interestingly, FOX News is defending Manafort by trying to describe it a “technicality” from 2008…

1 Like

What a twist! Someone get the popcorn!

1 Like

I know this isn’t exactly the bastion of journalism, but interesting.

If only there was a way for Mr. Trump to definitively squelch such rumors…Maybe some sort of financial summary document detailing his fiduciary relationships that he could release to the public to prove suggestions such as this aren’t true…

8 Likes

I know…I have been wracking my brain trying to think if such a document exists, but alas, nothing. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go finish my taxes. Deadline’s approaching.

4 Likes

Hate to interrupt the interwebz high-fiving here, but I’m pretty sure the USSR was bankrupt about the same time Trump was.

I think the treasonous Citibank, Bankers Trust, Chase, and Manufacturer Hanover Trust were the ones that bailed Trump out. Hmmm, two of those four banks are now dead…

If you establish the NYC real estate market of the late 80s/early 90s as a baseline, the financial crisis brought real estate values that had probably quadrupled back to a low of “only” triple or thereabouts.

I’ll use my own personal experience as an example, not a robust sample size but still. Real estate was fine in NYC. Trump probably loaned the banks money at some sort of usurious rate…

Putin managed to amass perhaps the largest fortune in the world during that time. His daughter, an acrobatic competitive dancer, is a billionaire.

In fairness, there’s hyooge money in acrobatic dancing. And she probably has a shoe deal to boot.

1 Like

You’re right. I also hear she’s started her own unitard company, Putin on the Ritz, that’s going like gangbusters.

5 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Damn, that was a good one

2 Likes