Russia Won't Go Away

Which felony counts would those be? Please be specific, as it is vital to the discussion.

Do you happen to know how many people have been prosecuted under the controlling statutes? If I recall correctly, they could be counted on one hand. I don’t think being rich/connected is the issue.

I’m not sure what this is supposed to mean. It sounds like a GOP talking point.

1 Like

All the dedicated Republicans at the Huff Post. Comey stresses intent, even though intent is irrelevant when judging the handling of classified information.

Former inspector general’s comments.

10 people in jail for mishandling classified docs without malicious intent. All this from a 5 minute Google search.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/hillary-clinton-email-10-punished-less/

Intent was crucial to successful prosecution, which is why, despite his contempt for the way she handled things, Comey knew it was pointless to charge Clinton, and declined to do so. His contempt is the reason he took the utterly unprecedented step of excoriating her publicly–he couldn’t try her in a court of law, but he could convict her in the court of public opinion.

It is ludicrous to argue that lifelong Republican James Comey, first appointed under dubya, was in the pocket for Clinton.

1 Like

Seems even stranger for GOP’ers (not saying you BG) don’t seem to realize Comey didn’t issue Clinton a presidential pardon. Trump isn’t being stopped from finding someone to charge Clinton, nor are the entirety of the Republican side of Congress.

If HRC undeniably commit all these felonies and I voted for a slew of people that are currently in power yet refuse to charge her even though she’s a borderline mortal enemy of the party, I’d be pretty pissed about the GOP too.

1 Like

I believe it’s more of an establishment armistice really. The Reps know they have dirty members and double dealing just like the Dems. If we head down the road where politicians who do shady things start going to prison often… then Washington will have to change. They’d have to find new ways to serve their own interests.

Someone probably took DJT aside on election night and explained to him why Lock Her Up is a bad idea and weaponizing the DOJ would be disastrous for everyone.

Wasn’t the biggest driving force to electing Trump that he WASNT the establishment (laughable really)?

I firmly believe if this was the case, Trump would have actually locked her up. Probably much more likely that he never actually intended to lock up one of his oldest DC friends

2 Likes

And when he couldn’t do that, he simply decided to disparage the whole agency.

1 Like

Who hasn’t Trump disparaged at this point?

Too easy…

8 Likes

@ActivitiesGuy game, set, match.

4 Likes

The irony in the truth of this is a little unsettling haha

1 Like

Did I just win the Internet? I’m pretty sure I just won the Internet.

9 Likes

A “name-and-shame” list of Russian oligarchs who made their money corruptly from their ties with Vladimir Putin was compiled by the US government agencies but then cancelled last week by a senior administration official, according to a Russia expert who was consulted on the list.

It was replaced by an all-inclusive list of rich Russians apparently copied straight from the Forbes magazine’s ranking of wealthy Russians, together with the names of some top Kremlin officials.
[…]
“It makes the whole thing ridiculous. There are no criteria,” said Anders Åslund, a Swedish economist, Russia expert and senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, who said he had been consulted to make suggestions on how the “Kremlin list” should be compiled, to comply with congressional legislation in July mandating tougher action on Russia.

Speaking from Kiev, Åslund said that a lot of work had gone into compiling the original list, but he was told on Thursday that someone high up in the administration had ordered for it to be binned and replaced by the Forbes-based list. […] “It is a serious attempt by someone high up in government to make the US government and Congress look ridiculous,” he said.

:thinking:

2 Likes

I wonder if it was the same issue Stormy used to spank Donald’s bare ass?

2 Likes

Well played, sir.

2 Likes

I think the Natalia Veselnitskaya/Trump team meeting is nothing compared to this:

2 Likes

I read about this–it’s absolutely stunning. The three top Russians spooks are invited over to meet with admin officials, despite the fact that at least one of the spooks was under sanction and therefore forbidden from entering the country (absent receiving a special visa from Sec State himself).

2 Likes

I’m in the middle of playing catch up right now, but ARE YOU FUCKIN KIDDING ME? The first 750 posts of this thread involve you being wrong over, and over, and over and still trying to act right in the cringiest way possible.

You’re like the Raj, you could(do) have a dozen different people telling you you’re wrong, and give thorough explanations, breakdowns, and backing to show how wrong you are, but you still act like you’re right and everyone else is fucking stupid.

Rant over. Now to finish reading the next 2000 posts…

1 Like

The best piece of advice that I can give you is to avoid taking this particular poster seriously.

If all else fails, just remember that he had a second account for seven-plus years which he used to “converse” with himself and others when he needed to give the appearance of supporting his point and/or didn’t want to stand behind something he was saying under his own account, then eventually exposed himself for doing so by responding to himself from the wrong account, and remains sensitive about that topic to this day.

@ActivitiesGuy I just can’t believe people even respond to him anymore. It’s like watching an asshole toddler argue with adults