Russia Won't Go Away

So Trump’s tweets can’t be used against him because somebody else wrote them. They aren’t his words, except when they are good, then they are.

4 Likes
6 Likes

if I ever need a clip to accurately define oxymoron, I’m coming straight to this video.

2 Likes

His words are more gooder, sometimes they are the mostest bestest.

5 Likes

He knows words because he has a very good brain:

2 Likes

These bullet points illustrate nicely how much the Russian KGB elite invested in their system of government - the KGB securitocracy. Despite economic hardships in the 1990ies, money or resources for intelligence services were never in question.

And they’re reaping the benefits of this investment right now on the international stage.

Compare that to Trump shitting on US intelligence agencies or Jared and Flynn’s harebrained schemes - did these guys really think they could hold their own against the Russians?

DQOUXmKWAAE4UI3

3 Likes

This, and the Trump/Dowd tweets, is why we call it Stupid Watergate:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-04/manafort-and-russian-colleague-ghostwrote-editorial-u-s-says

4 Likes

Diana Denman, a Republican delegate who supported arming U.S. allies in Ukraine, has told people that Trump aide J.D. Gordon said at the Republican Convention in 2016 that Trump directed him to support weakening that position in the official platform.

2 Likes

Ok, let’s assume the best case scenario - this wasn’t collusion, this was Art of the Deal Trump preparing himself for a Grand Bargain with Putin in America’s best interest.

What does that say - that the then President-elect thought he can win over an ultra experienced KGB operative and his million minions with some cheap horse trading?

“I’ll give you Ukraine but you rein in North Korea? Deal?” type of stuff?

1 Like

I want to answer your question with something rational but…I just can’t come up with a single scenario where this makes any sense at all.

2 Likes
2 Likes

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/08/politics/email-effort-give-trump-campaign-wikileaks-documents/index.html

Candidate Donald Trump, his son Donald Trump Jr. and others in the Trump Organization received an email in September 2016 offering a decryption key and website address for hacked WikiLeaks documents, according to an email provided to congressional investigators.

The September 4 email was sent during the final stretch of the 2016 presidential race – on the same day that Trump Jr. first tweeted about WikiLeaks and Clinton.

1 Like

Looks like the docs were available publicly before this email.

If the Washington Post can find that then CNN should have done some research as well. There’s enough legit things to hit Trump with. Don’t need to give him more “fake news” ammo.

1 Like
1 Like

Lol. Because that was his mandate. Gotta love special prosecutors. They’ll get you for jaywalking if they have to. No way they’re going to spend all those millions and come away empty handed.

If you’d read the article, you’d see this was about Trump potentially instructing Flynn to lie to the FBI.

Mueller is trying to determine why Flynn remained in his post for 18 days after Trump learned of Yates’ warning, according to two people familiar with the probe. He appears to be interested in whether Trump directed him to lie to senior officials, including Pence, or the FBI, and if so why, the sources said.

3 Likes

So… a guy gets busted by the Russian security services and his defence is … “I’m working for the FSB, I’m from the team that hacked the DNC”

1 Like

Those pesky articles and words and shit

1 Like

My critique was of the special council process. The letter appointing Mueller as special council basically gives him permission to go on a fishing expedition for things completely unrelated to the election meddling and Russian collusion.

That is always the case with special prosecutors and is the reason that Trump’s business deals for the past 50 years are on the table. If they can’t prove treason, then they’ll come up with something to charge. If there’s no “there” there… Mueller will find a Scooter Libby type scalp to hang on his wall.