Russia Won't Go Away

Sure did.

Yes. The media already had it so he was trying to beat them to the punch and claim transparency since it was coming out anyways. Unfortunately the NYT released it a few minutes before he did.

1 Like

Wow…

1 Like

Either he is incredibly stupid or trying to get out in front of this since he knows more is coming. In no world should Kushner still have security clearance; in fact, he could be prosecuted now for lying on his SF-86 security clearance form (many times over). He was cc’d on these emails.

1 Like

I guess I just don’t get 4D chess… Just unreal.

2 Likes

If you guys don’t mind…anyone mind posting how Huckabee and Hannity “spin” all this? (A “Reader’s Digest” version is fine).

I really want to see how all of these revelations are viewed and eventually spun.

Thanks.

“Though the meeting took place in June 2016, Trump Jr. said in a July 2016 interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper that said it was “disgusting” and “phony” for the Clinton campaign to suggest that the Russians were attempting to help Trump and hurt Clinton.”

The latest account of the meeting also counters denials from members of the administration, including Vice President Mike Pence.
“Did any adviser or anybody in the Trump campaign have any contact with the Russians who were trying to meddle in the elections?” asked CBS News’ John Dickerson on Jan. 15.
“Well, of course not,” Pence replied. “I think to suggest that is to give credence to some of these bizarre rumors that have swirled around the candidacy.”

One giant nothingburger. No wonder so many people can’t remember the meetings taking place.

“You don’t think the Clinton campaign would have met with Russia if they had dirt on Trump? The Clinton campaign invented sleazeball politics. In order for Trump to win he was going to have to get down in the gutter with Clinton. It’s not pretty but he was doing what he had to do for the American people. Trump was tired of people like Clinton working against the country. He was determined to be a voice for people. To do that he had to beat the Clinton operation at their own game. An operation that had an FBI investigation into her missing e-mails. Here you have Trump Jr. providing the e-mails. He’s saying I have nothing to hide and here is your cooperation. Hilary can’t find her e-mails and he is willing to share his. I appreciate the honesty and transparency of this administration. They will fully cooperate with investigations unlike their political opponents Hilary Clinton who I might add has her own history with Russia. Let’s talk about the Uranium…”

That’s my best Hannity impersonation. And I feel dirty.

1 Like

I can’t stomach Hannity so I don’t watch, but the “collusion is no big deal” talking point has been making the rounds for some time among the GOP and their mouthpieces.

Edit: Sander’s just read the following statement from Trump: “My son’s a high quality person and I applaud his transparency.” and then said any further questions need to be directed to Jr’s counsel. (This was all audio since the WH appears not to allow cameras into the PB room anymore).

Of course it’s not a big deal. I mean working with a foreign power who hacked our election is no big deal. Undeniable evidence of collusion is not a big deal. We will get all of this figured out when we combine forces for a cyber security team. That way we make sure the only time a campaign colludes with Russia is in the election of 2016 when the Trump team did it.

Remember Trump talking all the time about how the election was going to be rigged…he was right on one thing people just took it the wrong way to mean Hilary.

2 Likes

I can see the “We fought dirty with dirty” angle.

The fits with “What-About”-ism…

1 Like

I already wrote a Oscar worthy movie script. My agents still waiting for Oliver Stone to call… Tinkle Tailor soldier Spy will be a 2018 block buster a real bed wetter

But since you asked Hanity will say blah blah its fake news everyone meets with Russians big deal. The Liberal media wants your guns blah blah Lets hurry up and kick out all the brown people and mine some coal yeeeehaw then slap his co anchor on the ass and gallop out

Look Americans are dumb AF the only thing they will understand is the pee tape. Its the most important issue in America period

5 Likes

If Stone directs it it’ll just be a glowing endorsement of Putin.

Holy shit… I take like 5 hours away from you people and I miss stuff like this???

“BUT GUYS WHAT ABOUT BENGHAZI” has my vote.

3 Likes

Glad to see at least some convo/acknowledgment of it. Was beginning to feel like Zep for a minute there.

We need like 300 congressional investigations with Benghazi. With this we can just ask Putin if he did it and if he says no we just move right on. v

2 Likes

I’m honestly in shock that he released it himself. It’s one thing to be stupid, it’s another entirely to be an idiot. I didn’t think the Trump family was the latter.

1 Like

Well, as I said above, he could also be trying to get in front of it because he knows there’s more coming. That, or his new attorney has been beating his head against his keyboard for the past several hours.

2 Likes

I imagined every trace of collusion was burned to the ground months ago. If he hadn’t tweeted it himself I’d think it’s 100% FakeNews.

This blows my mind. @zeb1 how you feelin on that bet bud?

3 Likes

Republican Congress isn’t doing shit unless there’s audio of Trump himself involved.