Russia Won't Go Away

We’re going to make sure next time there’s no way anyone finds out it happened. Chalk a win up for the MAGA crowd

1 Like

Do you have any idea how much stuff there is that nobody knows about?

Nope, if I did, somebody would know about it :smiley:

Edit:

2 Likes

So much winning today. For Putin.

First of all, he got Tillerson and Trump alone, without advisers for more than an hour and a half, by exploiting Trump’s fear of “leaks”.

Tillerson and Trump are political dilettantes and Trump has shown in Warsaw that even when provided with a good brief he’s garbling the message, relying on help from the friendly interlocutor to get parts of the message across.

Lavrov and Putin are old KGB spooks notorious for incredibly meticulous preparation. That means, when Putin was “explaining” stuff to Trump there wasn’t an aide present to contest it.

Does anyone really believe that Trump and Tillerson were able to discuss the exact line delineating the ceasefire area in Syria relying on their knowledge of Syrian geographical locations? Didn’t think so.

Not only that, but as soon as a “deal” was reached, the Russians rushed outside to make it public, which means the WH staffers didn’t have time to check what has actually been agreed upon.

And for the record, it’s not a coincidence that the ceasefire area is Southwest Syria - Assad was losing down there, not the least because he couldn’t deploy his air force in sufficient numbers there for fear of further provoking Israel.

For a guy promising MAGA, Trump sure did a great job of dragging the US down to Russia’s level by promising not to meddle in each other’s internal affairs. Putin loves this fake equivalency.

And considering that, as the old joke goes, Russia internal affairs are geographically a very flexible term in means that Putin got a carte blanche.

Not including the fact that he shat on fellow Americans in front of a tinpot dictator.

A spoiled rich kid impressed by his super cool friend from the real world. Check the video below “These are the journalists that are bothering you?”. If we take the pseudoscientific language of the alt-right, Trump displayed all the alleged traits of a beta/cuck/whomever, a mortal sin in their demented book.

4 Likes

Coming from a man who’s had journalists killed for being too nosy, no less. I’m sure Trump salivates at the thought.

A man who is dying to make it easier to sue people who write about him.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/06/politics/russia-steps-up-spying-efforts-after-election/index.html

The Russians are believed to now have nearly 150 suspected intelligence operatives in the US, these sources said. Officials who spoke to CNN say the Russians are replenishing their ranks after the US in December expelled 35 Russian diplomats suspected of spying in retaliation for election-meddling.

In some cases, Russian spies have tried to gain employment at places with sensitive information as part of their intelligence-gathering efforts, the sources say.

But that hasn’t stopped the State Department from issuing the temporary duty visas — also known as TDY — to the suspected Russian intelligence officers. US intelligence officials who spoke to CNN expressed concerns about the number of temporary visas the State Department has issued to Russian travelers.

This is all just fucking great. If this is what winning looks like, can we try “losing” for a bit?

3 Likes

Another meeting with Russians that seems to have slipped everyone’s mind. Again.

But a quick internet search would have revealed Ms. Veselnitskaya as a formidable operator with a history of pushing the Kremlin’s agenda. Most notable is her campaign against the Magnitsky Act, which provoked a Cold War-style, tit-for-tat row with the Kremlin when President Barack Obama signed it into law in 2012.

An infuriated Mr. Putin has called the law an “outrageous act,” and, in addition to banning American adoptions, compiled what became known as an “anti-Magnitsky” blacklist of United States citizens.

Among those blacklisted was Preet Bharara, then the United States attorney in Manhattan, who led high-profile convictions of Russian arms and drug dealers. Mr. Bharara was abruptly fired in March, after previously being asked to stay on by Mr. Trump.

1 Like

No words for this…

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/884016887692234753

1 Like

“He is hurting his presidency,” Mr. Graham said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “I want a clear message to Russia that you’ll pay a price for undercutting democracy, and if President Trump doesn’t embrace this, I think he will be empowering the Russians and betraying democracy.”

Of the idea of teaming with Russia on cybersecurity, Mr. Graham said, “It’s not the dumbest idea I’ve ever heard, but it’s pretty close.”

1 Like

Fucking Uber stupid. Those are words I come up with. Our own President is our biggest national security threat. What in the ever loving fuck

5 Likes

[quote=“Tyler23, post:2216, topic:226860”]
"…Putin & I discussed forming an impenetrable Cyber Security unit…[/quote].

Anyone remember the famous quote about Rommel that was made by Patton?

Let me update it:

…Putin, you magnificent Bastard…I READ YOUR BOOK…!

Someone PLEASE explain to me what Trump is doing…I really don’t understand.

Does he even know who that man is…what he believes in…and what he stands for?

In addition to the “Cybersecurity Cooperation”:

Believing Putin over our own intelligence agencies…

Deriding those agencies on a daily basis AND on foreign soil…

One writer wrote “Why not Team up with Assad on Chemical Weapons Security?” (You should have heard all of the analogies after Trump announced this).

Serious Question:

How in the WORLD is the Right…(especially the Brietbart’s and Hannity’s of the World) spinning all this?

Is Trump merely fooling all of us, and this is all a part of his 4-D Chess strategy?

(The last I say more in jest…but I really need to understand how those in the right feel that all of this is “Making America Great Again”…)

Honestly. Open mind here, folks.

Explain it all to me.

1 Like

…and when you explain it…?

Don’t even BEGIN to use the World “Obama”…

1 Like

Another serious request:

I can’t stomach Hannity (or Maddows, for that matter…)

Can someone post here how he spins all of this?

Thanks.

Here’s a second drop this weekend. The stench of collusion is getting stronger.

President Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., was promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton before agreeing to meet with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign, according to three advisers to the White House briefed on the meeting and two others with knowledge of it.

The meeting — at Trump Tower on June 9, 2016, two weeks after Donald J. Trump clinched the Republican nomination — points to the central question in federal investigations of the Kremlin’s meddling in the presidential election: whether the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians. The accounts of the meeting represent the first public indication that at least some in the campaign were willing to accept Russian help

And while President Trump has been dogged by revelations of undisclosed meetings between his associates and the Russians, the episode at Trump Tower is the first such confirmed private meeting involving members of his inner circle during the campaign — as well as the first one known to have included his eldest son. It came at an inflection point in the campaign, when Donald Trump Jr., who served as an adviser and a surrogate, was ascendant and Mr. Manafort was consolidating power.

1 Like

Yeah.

Trump Jr. issued a statement and took pains to make clear his father knew nothing about the meeting. Even though there was nothing wrong with it.

1 Like

Considering his son, son-in-law and campaign manager were all there, in Trump Tower, (while I believe Trump himself was in the building) makes it especially difficult to believe he didn’t know anything about it. In fact, it’s absurd.

T and others:

What I think is going to happen here; (and we’ve seen some evidence of it already);…is people are going to start manipulating the legal definition of collusion. (Think Clinton’s legal team and the legal definition of “sex”.)

Trump Jr. is now saying that they were “tricked” into the meeting by some promise of having information on Clinton…only to find out that it was about adoption or something???

Their INTENT was to gather damaging information on Clinton

But is that “collusion”? Is it even illegal? I have no idea.

I go back to my current feeling on all this. This crew knew FULL WELL what the Russian’s were doing…winked, nodded and said “Go for it, Vlad…just keep our names out of it…”

Collusion?

I have no idea.