Russia Anyone?

Maybe Snowden is on to something…

[quote]JEATON wrote:

Maybe Snowden is on to something…[/quote]

Freedoms are limited.

You want more manufactoring jobs here in America. Get the Trade Deficit to a trade surplus. Oil & Gas is the way to do that the quickest.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]JEATON wrote:

Freedoms are limited.
[/quote]

Yeah, I really think we take our freedoms here in America for granted. Just think of why we have here:

The freedom to be anything you want to be, as long as you keep working until you die, so that you may pay the interest on the national debt.

The freedom to buy Chinese crap on credit at Big Box Mart from the comfort of your Japanese motorized scooter, and watch American Idol and the Kardashians on your Korean widescreen TV while eating genetically-engineered, nutritionally questionable, pesticide laden, manufactured food made in the USA.

The freedom to say whatever you want, and read anything you want, unless it could be construed as being subversive, and then your name will be on a list.

The freedom to choose whether you go through the backscatter imaging machine or get felt up by dim-witted bureaucrats in blue gloves.

The freedom to choose whether to not defend yourself during a 3:15 AM no-knock raid and only get slammed onto the floor, or to defend yourself as get riddled with bullets.

The freedom to choose the white candidate beholden to special interest groups, lobbies and corporate oligarchies, or the black candidate beholden to the same.

The freedom to choose whether to expose government corruption and malfeasance, and have your death judged to be “depression leading to suicide”, or to shut up and keep breathing.

The freedom to choose from any of the other 195 countries of the world, but never leaving, because you have been told all your life that this is the freest country on earth.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]JEATON wrote:

Freedoms are limited.
[/quote]

Yeah, I really think we take our freedoms here in America for granted. Just think of why we have here:

The freedom to be anything you want to be, as long as you keep working until you die, so that you may pay the interest on the national debt.

The freedom to buy Chinese crap on credit at Big Box Mart from the comfort of your Japanese motorized scooter, and watch American Idol and the Kardashians on your Korean widescreen TV while eating genetically-engineered, nutritionally questionable, pesticide laden, manufactured food made in the USA.

The freedom to say whatever you want, and read anything you want, unless it could be construed as being subversive, and then your name will be on a list.

The freedom to choose whether you go through the backscatter imaging machine or get felt up by dim-witted bureaucrats in blue gloves.

The freedom to choose whether to not defend yourself during a 3:15 AM no-knock raid and only get slammed onto the floor, or to defend yourself as get riddled with bullets.

The freedom to choose the white candidate beholden to special interest groups, lobbies and corporate oligarchies, or the black candidate beholden to the same.

The freedom to choose whether to expose government corruption and malfeasance, and have your death judged to be “depression leading to suicide”, or to shut up and keep breathing.

The freedom to choose from any of the other 195 countries of the world, but never leaving, because you have been told all your life that this is the freest country on earth. [/quote]

@ Varq, which one will you pick?

Zerohedge is just figuring this out now? My man Colinvaux said as much 33 years ago.

"Perhaps a time will come, say fifty or a hundred years from now, when there is more liberty of the Jeffersonian kind in the Soviet Union than there is in the West.

I base this quixotic speculation purely on the niche-theory argument that the resources in land commanded by the Soviet Union are so vastly greater in proportion to the numbers than the resources of the other empires. The Russians are training their people to live in literate and expansive ways.

With much learning, moderate numbers, good weapons to protect them, and a very large land, little more than an excess of policemen prevents Soviet Russia from becoming an enviable free state.

And policemen come and go."

Paul Colinvaux, The Fates of Nations, 1980

Tacitus, who probably knew what he was talking about, once wrote Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges: “the more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the state.” We could amend this, applying Colinvaux’s paragraph above, to say “the more numerous the policemen, the less free the state.”

Russia and America both are testament to this.

Who says I have to pick one?

:wink:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Who says I have to pick one?

;)[/quote]

I was just wondering. Which one would you at least have your citizenship and passport with? Then which one would you prefer to live in on a regular basis?

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Zerohedge is just figuring this out now? My man Colinvaux said as much 33 years ago.

"Perhaps a time will come, say fifty or a hundred years from now, when there is more liberty of the Jeffersonian kind in the Soviet Union than there is in the West.

I base this quixotic speculation purely on the niche-theory argument that the resources in land commanded by the Soviet Union are so vastly greater in proportion to the numbers than the resources of the other empires. The Russians are training their people to live in literate and expansive ways.

With much learning, moderate numbers, good weapons to protect them, and a very large land, little more than an excess of policemen prevents Soviet Russia from becoming an enviable free state.

And policemen come and go."

Paul Colinvaux, The Fates of Nations, 1980

Tacitus, who probably knew what he was talking about, once wrote Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges: “the more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the state.” We could amend this, applying Colinvaux’s paragraph above, to say “the more numerous the policemen, the less free the state.”

Russia and America both are testament to this.
[/quote]

I see your point, and I agree. We have to clean out the House and Senate of these musTARDS that keep voting a police state.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[/quote]

So, when they kick at your front door, how you gonna come?