Rush to Be in RRHOF

Man, the old boys still got it.

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:
A few years ago,I can remember my husband being enthralled because of a layover at the Pearson Airport because of YYZ. [/quote]

Wait…you’re a girl? This is more exciting than RUSH getting inducted!

[quote]sen say wrote:

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:
A few years ago,I can remember my husband being enthralled because of a layover at the Pearson Airport because of YYZ. [/quote]

Wait…you’re a girl? This is more exciting than RUSH getting inducted![/quote]

That is what my mom always told me.

Dude, nothing is more exciting than Rush! Hey, did you ever find that candy dish? I just remembered that and am going to go look for it now. Pretty soon everyone will want one.

And 30 years ago. These guys have always been on just another level.

Anthem - 1975.

Anyone who thinks Peart is no more than the sum total of his huge drum kit need only watch this video to be set straight…

The RRHOF can suck it. Rush is cool, but Randy Newman? Are you kidding me? This is a worse choice than ABBA.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Could they be called the Canadian version of Pink Floyd in the sense that their music is very distinct and original and doesn’t hold to the conventional (I’m thinking of their unique sound and anthems)?[/quote]

No…and…um…this would be the first time I’ve thought you were wrong about something…way wrong…

way way wrong…

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
The RRHOF can suck it. Rush is cool, but Randy Newman? Are you kidding me? This is a worse choice than ABBA.

[/quote]

HA! Once again, SS, you speak the truth!!

Newman has re-written the same damn song for over 40 years. He joins ranks with Phil Collins, Elton John (who was once a great rock artists), and Sting (once great… in the Police) in that they’re now doing soundtracks that all sound alike.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
They are superb musicians.

Could they be called the Canadian version of Pink Floyd in the sense that their music is very distinct and original and doesn’t hold to the conventional (I’m thinking of their unique sound and anthems)?[/quote]

Yes. However, I think they’re better than Floyd. I love how they’re indefinable as far as placing them into a specific genre. Completely original. This is what happens when you put 3 nerds together - each with a unique sensibility.

Some nice person went ahead and put the Cygnus X-1 saga together which spanned one long song on the Farewell to Kings album through an entire side of the hemispheres album in the late 70’s. This will help explain why they had a tough time getting radio play, why they’re so difficult to categorize AND why nobody could figure out if this was really rock n roll and so belonging in the Cleveland hall of fame. Nobody knew what to call this then and nobody really still does. It’s… Rush? Well worth the half hour, especially for a music person who’s never heard them in their earlier days.

The RRHF has long ago lost credibility as far as I am concerned. ABBA? Brenda Lee, really? The o’Jay’s, who the fuck are they? Since when is Madonna done rock? Run D.M.C. I mean they were okay…in the '80’s, but hardly revolutionary? Patti Smith? Velvet Underground SUCKED, etc… And all these nimrods made it in before Rush?

Rush is one of the most talented, revolutionary, and original bands in history and they are just now getting in, after ABBA? That’s an insult really.

Just like when they gave the murderer Arafat the Nobel Peace Prize, the RRHF has no value to me… Those jerk-off have no clue what good music is. ABBA, seriously why the hell are they even in there? Other than being the butt of jokes, they have not done anything timeless. I mean, where is Syd Barrett? Certainly he was way more a legend than Hank Ballard.

Fuck the RRHF, Rush doesn’t need them to be credible, they’ve kicked ass for 40 years, 'nuff said.

[quote]77 Style wrote:
Bullshit! They snubbed Joan Jett . . . Again!
[/quote]

They might as well put her in. They put in Gun’s and Roses which is fine, but where the hell is Pantera? Seriously, I hate the RRHOF…

This is one of my favorite eras of Rush:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
How about:
Led Zeppelin
James Brown and the JBs
The Stones
Miles Davis’s first and second quintets
NIN (a personal favorite)[/quote]

Trent loves 'em, why can’t you??

Peart is not even human. I only post this horrible quality video because my wife took me to this show for my birthday. Madison Square Garden March 94. He was just learning to use midi triggers to enhance his already mind bending solos.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
How about:
Led Zeppelin
James Brown and the JBs
The Stones
Miles Davis’s first and second quintets
NIN (a personal favorite)[/quote]

Trent loves 'em, why can’t you??

This is a very cool documentary for those who haven’t seen it. Rush is collectively the most talented band to walk the Earth. Too bad they are Canadian, eh?

[quote]pat wrote:

Just like when they gave the murderer Arafat the Nobel Peace Prize, the RRHF has no value to me… Those jerk-off have no clue what good music is. .[/quote]

Yasser Arafat is in the RRHF? About freaking time, who can forget hits like…

Best rendition of Working Man I have ever heard.

A bit slow until 1:25. Really gets going from about 2:30 onward.