opinions or not, this is worth reading!

By Rush Limbaugh

I think the vast differences in compensation between the victims of
the September 11th casualty, and those who die serving the country in
uniform, are profound. No one is really talking about it either
because you just don’t criticize anything having to do with September
11th.

Well, I just can’t let the numbers pass by because it says something
really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country.

If you lost a family member in the September 11th attack, you’re going
to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of
$250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million.

If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in
action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half
of which is taxable! . Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you
are the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry. And
there’s a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the
child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt. Keep in
mind that some of the people that are getting an average of $1.185
million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it’s not enough.

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from
theOklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for the
same deal that the September 11th families are getting. In addition to
that, some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now
asking for compensation as well. You see where this is going, don’t
you?

Folks, this is part and parcel of over fifty years of entitlement
politics in this country. It’s just really sad.

Every time when a pay raise comes up for the military they usually
receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in
combat in theMiddle East while their families have to survive on food
stamps and live in low rent housing.

However our own U.S. Congress just voted themselves a raise, and many
of you don’t know that they only have to be in Congress one-time to
receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month and most are now
equal to be millionaires plus. They also do not receive Social
Security on retirement because they didn’t have to pay into the
system. If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get
out as an E-7 you may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the
very people who placed you in harms way receive a pension of $15,000
per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join
ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our
sons and daughters who are now fighting.

“When do we finally do something about this ??”

If this doesn’t seem fair to you, it is time to forward this to as
many people as you can. Send it to you representative.

I would like to see some of this forums “Lefties” who are pro-troops and anti-government take part in this. As for all you pro-troops, I know you will do the right thing.
Best of Luck.

Older Lifter,
Thank you for posting this. I agree that service men/women deserve much better than they are currently receiving. In order to attract our best and brightest, there needs to be financial renumeration commiserate with the sacrifice. Keep up the good work.
Let me make a quick list of the lefties: e mckee, rumbach, roy batty, and kuri. The anti-americans are: restless, adal, and iscariot. Be on the lookout for these guys, aka…bad guys. Please feel free to alert me to other potential miscreants and I will watch for their posts.

Personally I think Rush is an egotistical buffoon but he makes some good points…like the post above. Our govenrment is certainly sending the wrong signal to our troops, both present and future.

I hate to admit that Rush said anything I agree with, but he is absolutely right on this rant.

Surprised?

Well said. Isn’t it funny the difference in both.
I listened to Rush a lot 10 years ago. I always was a conservative before I heard his program. After a few years I got tired of the political arguments of left vs right and just stopped listening.
I vote, have my beliefs, but by now I know how to ferret out the truth in this constant debate.

Good post OL! Up here in Canada our demons…ahem I mean politicians are likewise theives. Except they also like to cut our military budget! Which is woefully underfunded. Thankfully our closest neighbour is armed to the teeth!!! Hint…hint guess who? Ciao. :slight_smile:

Rush makes some good points here, certainly the most intelligent I’ve heard from him.

I’m not thoroughly versed on the topic, so who exactly has been pushing for all the cuts in benefits?
I know there were some under Clinton, but who now is behind it?

US=GG, why yes I am a lefty! But I bat right handed and my right cross is not to shab either.
Betta watch out for us bad guys because we like to think.

Get post Old lifter…As a military member…this affects me directly. Thank you for reminding me how messed up the secular America has become. I will still protect and fight for HER though.

BTW: How can a true T-man be leftist? Leftist are passivist and believe in relative truth…moral reletavism and a blurring of the lines of right and wrong…the EXACT antithesis of a T-Man. I really wonder who the REAL T-men are??

The families of the 9-11 victims are getting compensated based on the earning abilities of the people who were killed. Read the post again, the minimum amount is 250,000 dollars. That would be what the families of the people who maintained the building might get, or who worked in the mall on the first floor.

Many of the companies (if not most) in the twin towers were investment firms, international traders, financiers, and that type of thing. These people were earning quite a bit of money when they were alive. The compensation paid to the families is a direct reflection of each person’s projected worth had they lived a full life and continued to be the breadwinner for the family.

This rant makes it seem like these families are ripping everyone else off, that it is just an arbitrary giveaway of cash. In fact the money being awarded is really only a fraction of what the families would have earned had the victims stayed alive.

I agree that slashing the benefits of vets is outrageous, and have posted on this before. Other people here responded that the “vets should stand on their own two feet” and that type of crap.

Maybe some people here need Rush Limbaugh to tell them what to think?

I am glad to see, that so many think that the military should be fairly treated. I believe that the same goes for police, EMS and Fire.
I posted Rush article to get people talking, hopefully you will write your congressman. Me, I am lucky. Because of the work I do as a volunteer, I meet my on a regular basis (Chris Shays). And I get to talk to him and his staff weekly.(Note: His office loved the French Military history post).
Our government will not do what is “right” unless we the voters and citizens do our part. I hope that my postings have convinced more T-men and T-vixens to do theirs.
Best of Luck.

In 1984 I had two kids and qualified for WIC (women child and infant - a food program from the gov.)-- as an active duty sailor! The military is still way underpaid. How about paying them the going rate for the closest equivalent job in the private sector?

I hear you, huck. My brother is a Marine with 8 years to full retirement and while he was in Iraq for four months, his pregnant wife had to use WIC program and a similar welfare thing for utilities. Why? Because the Marines didn’t issue him a wife, and certainly not an unborn child, so they weren’t going to pay for them until he came back stateside.

Something’s gotta change…